Star Princess Laundry in Alaska

NEWLKAT

I was on both the Star and Coral last month in Alaska.

Did laundry on both.

Very popular place since lots of folks are coming off land tours and have lots of dirty clothes.

I saw more men than women doing laundry. I told my DH that he should take a lesson from them.

I did some recent research on this and what I found is that while most of the self-service laundries are closed, 2-3 are open while cruising Alaska. I suspect this is due to the requirement that the ship store waste water until in international waters.

So, the answer is that laundry is available but limited.

I think I read somewhere that laundry is not allowed in Alaskan waters. For anyone who has travelled there recently, can you advise if/when is laundry allowed on the ship on Alaska cruise?

Lasy year the only time was closed when cruising in Glacier bay. Otherwise laundries near closed. Also in Glacier bay they weren't allowed to use paper cups in the IC only china or travel mugs.

I did some recent research on this and what I found is that while most of the self-service laundries are closed, 2-3 are open while cruising Alaska. I suspect this is due to the requirement that the ship store waste water until in international waters.

So, the answer is that laundry is available but limited.

Yes!