bringing water on board

We are leaving on the Freedom of the Sea 8/14. We have taken bottled water on another cruise line and I was wondering if we can on Royal Caribbean. Thanks

Just note you will have to lug it around until the rooms are ready about 1:30.

Have a great cruise!

Depends. Officially the answer is no - but some ports are stricter than others as far as compliance.

Easier to take a water bottle and fill on board and carry. You can fill your own mug/drink bottle at any dispenser. Just be sure to use a glass to fill rather than put your container up to the sprocket.

Ughhhh! People are so rude.

To answer your question, on our last cruise on Oasis out of FLL we had a 28 pack of water that we put in a small bag with a luggage tag and dropped it off with the porters and checked luggage. We didn't carry it around with us and it was delivered with our luggage at around 2 p.m.

Was on Allure last month. We brought a case of water and just put a luggage tag on it. Delivered to our room with the luggage [emoji4][emoji1360]. The rules say no, but I tried and succeeded. I figured Im only out a few $$ if it doesn't make it thru

Question about the Bag Tag.... Are you putting the water in your luggage or just placing a Tag on the case of water? Thanks

I know many people say you can attach a tag to a case of water and have it delivered, but we've had that refused by the porters a couple of times, so now go with the water in luggage.

Ughhhh! People are so rude

It's not rude to remind people that there is a search-function. I think it's more rude to ask a question that has been answered thoroughly in the past. The amount of posts in this subforum alone is so much that threads are pushed to page 2 during a day. Unless one stop by several times a day there is no way to read it all :-)

That being said, we put 2 x 12-packs of soda in a beach bag, taped a luggage tag to it, and had it arrive in our room. Port Everglades.

And, you can bring 2 bottles of wine.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the clarification. I'm leaving out of Galveston. And haven't read anyone refer to that port. I know I posted my question after the rude comment, but I will say, getting on CC forum is a little overwhelming. And typing in what you're looking for hadn't worked for me. But I'm sure me and whoever will get it together soon. Thanks!

Thanks for the clarification. I'm leaving out of Galveston. And haven't read anyone refer to that port. I know I posted my question after the rude comment, but I will say, getting on CC forum is a little overwhelming. And typing in what you're looking for hadn't worked for me. But I'm sure me and whoever will get it together soon. Thanks!

We had no problem at Galveston with a case of water in luggage.

I will say, getting on CC forum is a little overwhelming.

I agree with that! There is so much text and buttons on the site that it can be a bit too much at first.

And please, don't be put of, it's a wonderful knowledgable community once you get the hang of it.

Here's a quick search primer:

1) Go to the Royal Caribbean forum. (that should be this one)

You can see all of the recent discussions listed.

2) On the top right of the discussion-list, there is a small button that says "search this forum". Press it and enter: water galveston

3) Press Go

Now, it might not be the first thread that pops up, but you should find several discussions (or threads as they are called) about bringing things out of galveston.

I wish you the best of cruise and hope that you will stick around cruisecritic both before your cruise to get more information and after to share what you know.

Kind regards,

Just note you will have to lug it around until the rooms are ready about 1:30.

Have a great cruise!

Is that the same for bringing your allowed two bottles of wine per couple? Do you have to lug that around till you get to your room?

Is that the same for bringing your allowed two bottles of wine per couple? Do you have to lug that around till you get to your room?

Correct, unless you have put the wine in your checked bags (not recommended).

Edited by clarea

Glad to hear that I can bring water onboard. Had the premium package on the jewel package and I HATED the bottle water included with the package. It's spring water-- I had no idea I am a water snob, but I guess I am. I don't care about the brand of water, I want it purified by RO. The tap water on the ship in my opinion, was better than the bottled stuff. And I'm not giving a fortune for the Evian bottled water.

So is it better to pack the water in its own bag and check it with porters? Slap a luggage tag on it without a bag and check it? Or walk it on?

Edited by slg1979

... So is it better to pack the water in its own bag and check it with porters? Slap a luggage tag on it without a bag and check it? Or walk it on?

I've had better luck with putting the water in it's own bag and checking it with the porters.

Glad to hear that I can bring water onboard. Had the premium package on the jewel package and I HATED the bottle water included with the package. It's spring water-- I had no idea I am a water snob, but I guess I am. I don't care about the brand of water, I want it purified by RO. The tap water on the ship in my opinion, was better than the bottled stuff. And I'm not giving a fortune for the Evian bottled water.

So is it better to pack the water in its own bag and check it with porters? Slap a luggage tag on it without a bag and check it? Or walk it on?

Slap a luggage tag on it and give it to the porter. Should arrive in your room with your luggage[emoji4]. That's what we did. We had a case of it. Was very happy to have it bc it was convenient.

Only thing we carried on was our wine[emoji1360][emoji485]. And swimsuits

Edited by lizzyandrew