Equinox Redeployment

Wine-O

We just booked 11/6/17 too, what is the Loyalty credit and how do I get it too?

Thanks,

EW

I'll get on the RC in a bit, we have 8-10 others from previous cruises booking this one too.:)

It's called The Loyality Promo on my invoice. I thought it was for all Captain's Club members.

It's called The Loyality Promo on my invoice. I thought it was for all Captain's Club members.

I agree and received the same credit. I also got an email last week saying that captains club members would get reduced pricing (which they told me was this credit when I called). If you didn't get it, call captains club if you booked direct or call your TA and see if the can add it.

Celebrity Silhouette, sailing from Amsterdam:

29th June 2017; 14th September 2017; 11th October 2017

The 14 September 2017 sailing on the Silhouette is actually Barcelona to Rome, not from Amsterdam. I just transferred my deposit for the 15 Sept 2016 sailing on the Silhouette to this sailing, on Friday.

It'll be nice to have X in the Caribbean year round, a more "adult" alternative to the other ships that go there; the biggest issue I see is that this is hurricane season, with August and September being the most active months. Not sure I want to sail into the chance of bad weather. I'd rather stay here in Florida, or go away from, the storms.

I have been very interested in these posts. We have a home in Florida and live in the UK. Have done many cruises lots on X. There is Something for everyone but the Carribean in summer would kill us. We will do Europe in the summer but may not go with X. The world is changing and its going to be very different year on year.

Does anyone know whether tickets for the Jazz Fest will be available through Celebrity? I visited the official website (which feeds into Ticketron) and they state that tickets aren't available. Yet' date=' ticket resale websites have tickets for sale at 2x or more the face value. If you can't get tickets for the days Equinox is in port, the Jazz Cruise aspect is somewhat lacking.

Throwing this question out to the folks who have already booked and spoken with Celebrity - have they talked about this at all? Or are they just filling the cabins and not dealing with the music?[/quote']

I'm sure they will be selling tickets but I'm also sure they will be twice what you can purchase them for online. No worries about missing the ship...

Edited by riredsox

Is this new? Never saw it before.

BTW last month X sent me an email thanking me for my recent Eclipse cruise and offering me an additional obc on my next sailing. The promo code is POSTTHANKU. It is combinable with one addl offer, so I added it to GOBEST on the 11/6 Equinox booking and saved another $150.

The deal just keeps getting better.

Is this new? Never saw it before.

BTW last month X sent me an email thanking me for my recent Eclipse cruise and offering me an additional obc on my next sailing. The promo code is POSTTHANKU. It is combinable with one addl offer, so I added it to GOBEST on the 11/6 Equinox booking and saved another $150.

The deal just keeps getting better.

The loyalty discount is a special deal for these moved Equinox sailings (not sure how long that specific part of the deal is good until). It doesn't happen all the time, but I did have it once before, at the same time as they released new sailings a couple of years ago they had an additional bonus discount for a limited period on sailings between certain dates.

And there is no reason you have to. There are still plenty of ships sailing Europe next summer, although if sales do not pick up, there may be more ships being redeployed away from there. I don't believe for one minute that the reason for Equinox's redeployment was because people have been clamoring for Celebrity to sail the Caribbean in summer. Its because sales were too soft in Europe. They put their ships where they feel they will get the highest fares.

Rich we sailed Celebrity in the summer in the Carib all thru the 1990'ties. The on reason we sailed other lines was when they pull the ships after we were on the Century in her 1st yr June 1996. We have commented on every card since and every survey we received for a ship in the summer. Many others have too.

Now that the Med market is over saturated it was time to reduce the number of cabins.

Rich we sailed Celebrity in the summer in the Carib all thru the 1990'ties. The on reason we sailed other lines was when they pull the ships after we were on the Century in her 1st yr June 1996. We have commented on every card since and every survey we received for a ship in the summer. Many others have too.

Now that the Med market is over saturated it was time to reduce the number of cabins.

I agree that people have been asking for X to bring a ship back to the Caribbean in the summer, but they would not listen because Europe, particularly the Med, was so hot at the time. There was in fact, an uproar, but they only have so many ships. We also sailed Century (great ship!) in summer when she used to alternate east/west sailings. I just think that the reason they pulled Equinox back was soft sales; not because people were asking. The ships are going to be where they can give Celebrity the most $$$, which is understandable. I'm glad they made the change & am already booked on Equinox.

The loyalty discount is a special deal for these moved Equinox sailings (not sure how long that specific part of the deal is good until). It doesn't happen all the time, but I did have it once before, at the same time as they released new sailings a couple of years ago they had an additional bonus discount for a limited period on sailings between certain dates.

The loyalty discount is for Captains Club members, not for people moved from Equinox sailings. We were not booked before on Equinox for Europe or a TA, and we booked the 10/6/17 Equinox sailing, and we received the loyalty discount. This promotion is going on for bookings on Equinox until July, 31, for the applicable sailings. All Captains Club members "should" be available for the loyalty discount on the Equinox Sailings.

Edited by debshomespun

And there is no reason you have to. There are still plenty of ships sailing Europe next summer, although if sales do not pick up, there may be more ships being redeployed away from there. I don't believe for one minute that the reason for Equinox's redeployment was because people have been clamoring for Celebrity to sail the Caribbean in summer. Its because sales were too soft in Europe. They put their ships where they feel they will get the highest fares.

You can still catch Azamara next year in the med. I was getting ready to book on the equinox July 2017, but booked Azamara because I got a 1/2 on one passenger. I would never sail Princess again!

I guess this mean Myknos will be less full without equinox being there on July 9th

Edited by beanersts

I agree that people have been asking for X to bring a ship back to the Caribbean in the summer, but they would not listen because Europe, particularly the Med, was so hot at the time. There was in fact, an uproar, but they only have so many ships. We also sailed Century (great ship!) in summer when she used to alternate east/west sailings. I just think that the reason they pulled Equinox back was soft sales; not because people were asking. The ships are going to be where they can give Celebrity the most $$$, which is understandable. I'm glad they made the change & am already booked on Equinox.

Agree, and ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ which sailing?

We are booked for Nov 6th 2017, our 3rd time to sail Equinox.

EW

Agree, and ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ which sailing?

We are booked for Nov 6th 2017, our 3rd time to sail Equinox.

EW

We booked the 10 nighter sailing October 27. We did the 11 nighter last November. This will be our 3rd Equinox also. Our first was 11 nights Med in '12; one of our top 3 cruises. So glad we got to see Istanbul & Kusadasi before the spit hit the fan.

Ok so I was booked on the equinox for May 2017. That cruise was canceled, I was told that we could rebook, keeping all the benefits we had already, and get$200 onboard credit for the cruise being cancelled.

So I called Celebrity to change to the Reflection, also on May 8th. They said no problem, it will be 175 more per person, then my current cruise If I want to keep all my benefits. What???

How can you say you keep all your benefits, but it will cost you more, because they cancelled my cruise.

Am I missing something?. Sounds like the old bait and Switch!!!

Guess I will go on another cruise line.

Here's a list of the newly announced itineraries/dates. With the exception of the special 11 nt JazzFest and 9 nt Memorial Day itineraries, I believe the following are pretty much correct:

10nt Southern Caribbean cruises to Grand Cayman, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao and Key West

11nt Southern Caribbean cruises to St Thomas, Tortola, Antigua, Barbados, St Lucia and St Maarten

7nt Western Caribbean cruises to Key West, Costa Maya, Cozumel and Grand Cayman

7nt Eastern Caribbean cruises to San Juan, St Thomas and St Maarten

CELEBRITY EQUINOX - 2017 NEW CARIBBEAN SAILINGS

Date Nights Description

April 24, 2017 11 Jazz Fest & Caribbean - Signature Sailings

May 5 , 2017 10 Southern Caribbean

May 15, 2017 11 Southern Caribbean

May 26, 2017 9 Memorial Day Caribbean

June 4, 2017 7 Western Caribbean

June 11, 2017 7 Eastern Caribbean

June 18, 2017 7 Western Caribbean

June 25, 2017 7 Eastern Caribbean

July 2, 2017 7 Western Caribbean

July 9, 2017 7 Eastern Caribbean

July 16, 2017 7 Western Caribbean

July 23, 2017 7 Eastern Caribbean

July 30, 2017 7 Western Caribbean

August 6, 2017 7 Eastern Caribbean

August 13, 2017 7 Western Caribbean

August 20, 2017 7 Eastern Caribbean

August 27, 2017 8 Eastern Caribbean

September 4, 2017 11 Southern Caribbean

September 15, 2017 10 Southern Caribbean

September 25, 2017 11 Southern Caribbean

October 6, 2017 10 Southern Caribbean

October 16, 2017 11 Southern Caribbean

October 27, 2017 10 Southern Caribbean

November 6, 2017 10 Southern Caribbean

Ok so I was booked on the equinox for May 2017. That cruise was canceled, I was told that we could rebook, keeping all the benefits we had already, and get$200 onboard credit for the cruise being cancelled.

So I called Celebrity to change to the Reflection, also on May 8th. They said no problem, it will be 175 more per person, then my current cruise If I want to keep all my benefits. What???

How can you say you keep all your benefits, but it will cost you more, because they cancelled my cruise.

Am I missing something?. Sounds like the old bait and Switch!!!

Guess I will go on another cruise line.

Ok, enjoy.

Beanersts, my wife and I were booked on the same Equinox cruise for our 35th Anniversary. We made the reservations 2 weeks ago while on board the Summit. It is so disappointing that Celebrity does not have a similar itinerary on another ship. I did see the Azamara cruises, and while the itineraries are similar, the ships are older. In addition, 1 previously had a fire and needed repairs and the other thwarted off a Pirate attack. Too much bad karma for me. I think ewe are going to do Seaborne.

Beanersts, my wife and I were booked on the same Equinox cruise for our 35th Anniversary. We made the reservations 2 weeks ago while on board the Summit. It is so disappointing that Celebrity does not have a similar itinerary on another ship. I did see the Azamara cruises, and while the itineraries are similar, the ships are older. In addition, 1 previously had a fire and needed repairs and the other thwarted off a Pirate attack. Too much bad karma for me. I think ewe are going to do Seaborne.

Are you referring to the fire & pirates encounter in 2012? Really??

While Azamara ships are older, they are beautiful and you would have a great experience. Seabourn, however, wins hands down for a luxury experience :)