Thermal suite

Not sure what ship you will be on... the older ships have a smaller suite than the newer ships.

But they have a set of heated ceramic loungers - sooooo relaxing!

And wet and dry saunas.

And aromatherapy showers.

And the thalassotherapy pool.

Lockers.

Can't help with price but usually best deal is on embarkation day.

Usually people use it more on sea days but I used it every day, sometimes twice. Wonderful after a day of port activities - even in warm climate, in fact I had a 21 day pass on our Panama Canal cruise and loved it. The room is not hot, it's very comfortable. And the view was lovely. They may have had fruited ice water too. m--

On the other hand, on the smaller ships (without the thalassoterapy pool, but with ceramic tile beds facing the front of the ship and not the side :)) the cruise-long pass to the spa is only 2/3 of the price (99 vs 149 for a 7-day cruise, I believe).

In my opinion a bow-facing thermal suite for less money is one more reason to prefer a smaller HAL ship for an Alaka cruise (unless you really need the thalassotherapy pool).

I was just on the Maasdam and tried this package for the first time. It was $299 for a couple for 14 days. I did find the heated ceramic loungers very relaxing while listening to tunes on the iPod.

We have used it on the Maasdam as well, while we enjoyed it I am not sure it was worth the money for us. If I recall correctly it was $149/pp for our 26 day cruise. It was never crowded even on sea days. In fact, most times it was just the two of us.

On the other hand, on the smaller ships (without the thalassoterapy pool, but with ceramic tile beds facing the front of the ship and not the side :)) the cruise-long pass to the spa is only 2/3 of the price (99 vs 149 for a 7-day cruise, I believe).

In my opinion a bow-facing thermal suite for less money is one more reason to prefer a smaller HAL ship for an Alaka cruise (unless you really need the thalassotherapy pool).

The thalassotherapy pool is the main attraction for us. We haven't bothered with the spa on the smaller ships, but love the spas on the Vistas. DH thought the ceramic loungers were silly until he tried one. Two minutes of reclining on one and he was a convert!

Note that the smaller ships have a mineral pool which is a converted jacuzzi. On Amsterdam is was high temperature and very therapeutic for my sore hip.

Bear in mind that if the ship goes into a code red for a norovirus outbreak situation they may close the thermal suite in part or in full. Happened to me on 21 day Amsterdam Panama Canal cruise but just the last few days. The pool and hot tubs were closed also.

I paid $149 for that cruise and I haven't seen as good a price since, just over $7/day. There were no adjustments due to the code red. m--

• 2 weeks later...

It was a 12 day cruise and I was charged $149 for one person for the Thermal Suite. The hydro pool is wonderful - so relaxing and usually not crowded.

The ceramic loungers were wonderful too.

The spa is probably my favorite part of a the ship - since I am there to relax.

Pat

Thanks for the info! We will be on the Zuiderdam.

Then you will have the hydro/thessaloperay pool (whatever the right name is).

It is very nice. I used it because of surgery on my elbow and although it felt good when I was in it, I didn't realize how much it did until I returned home to visit my surgeon. I am a good healer but defintiely I was far ahead :)

It was $499 on our 33 day cruise if you shared it and I found a roll call member who shared the cost. Best price is always on embarkation day :)

Book early or there might not be spaces if you want to do it.

I used it probably 28 out of 33 days.

Used the thermal chairs on another cruise (and they are very nice) but my goal was to heal and it certainly didn't hurt ;)