Best time to book a shore excursion

Just found a shore excursion I am interested in on the daily planner including Royal Caribbean transportation for the same price as on the park's website itself. Does Royal's shore excursion prices vary at any time? Just wondering if I should by now or at the ship? Do not want to wait and the price will go up.

I have noticed price changes on shore excursions. When a price went down I cancelled my currently booked excursion and rebooked it at the cheaper price. Also, once I got on the ship, the same shore excursions I booked ahead of time were approximately $20 or so dollars more per person so I highly recommend booking before you board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have noticed price changes on shore excursions. When a price went down I cancelled my currently booked excursion and rebooked it at the cheaper price. Also, once I got on the ship, the same shore excursions I booked ahead of time were approximately $20 or so dollars more per person so I highly recommend booking before you board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you very much for the information!!!

If an excursion is make or break for your cruise (as in not going on it will make it the worst vacation ever) I would book ASAP. Sometimes they are able to another bus/tour if there is enough of a waiting list, but that is not always possible (especially with floatplane excursions in Alaska). I still remember being at guest services last summer on Brilliance and cringing as someone was berating the girl at the shore excursions because their "vacation was ruined" because they waited to book a floatplane excursion on board to use OBC - in reality that excursion was sold out well before embarkation day (I had looked at it myself and decided against it - then saw it was sold out), and there are only so many floatplanes that are available. Just one example, but the point is if the excursion matters, book it now.

In the Caribbean shore excursions are rarely sold out unless really popular. If it's something you have your heart set on in Europe or Alaska book asap. Otherwise we wait till about a month out. Once in while the website will only book an excursion on board. If this is the case make that your first stop once on board the ship.

Personally in 25 cruises with RCCL I have only seen excursion costs rise not go down. I suppose it's always possible.

And yes we do still sometimes book thru the ship. Depends on the port and what we want to do.

Edited by cruiselvr04

In the Caribbean shore excursions are rarely sold out unless really popular. If it's something you have your heart set on in Europe or Alaska book asap. Otherwise we wait till about a month out. Once in while the website will only book an excursion on board. If this is the case make that your first stop once on board the ship.

Personally in 25 cruises with RCCL I have only seen excursion costs rise not go down. I suppose it's always possible.

And yes we do still sometimes book thru the ship. Depends on the port and what we want to do.

Thanks!!!!