Oosterdam SB - Hump or Corner Aft?

I saw pictures of 7142 online and was surprised how cramped it looked, relatively speaking. I read the corner aft cabins are smaller than other SB's, but no one seems to know just how much smaller. The balcony is to die for - I grant you that. And I'm leaning that way but if these cabins/balconies were so great, wouldn't they be snatched up quickly?

Just fretting a little about balancing balcony space and interior space.

I saw pictures of 7142 online and was surprised how cramped it looked, relatively speaking. I read the corner aft cabins are smaller than other SB's, but no one seems to know just how much smaller. The balcony is to die for - I grant you that. And I'm leaning that way but if these cabins/balconies were so great, wouldn't they be snatched up quickly?

We try to cruise in the aft-wrap staterooms but getting one requires very early booking. The great view more than makes up for the bit smaller interior.

From my stateroom photo collection, it appears that the biggest difference is from the foot of the bed to the coffee table. SA appears to be about five feet and the aft-wrap staterooms appears to be two feet.

Our second favorite cabins are the forward "hump" staterooms on Deck 6 with the deeper verandahs and wind protection. The aft "hump" verandahs will have the wind in your face while the ship is moving.

We try to cruise in the aft-wrap staterooms but getting one requires very early booking. The great view more than makes up for the bit smaller interior.

From my stateroom photo collection, it appears that the biggest difference is from the foot of the bed to the coffee table. SA appears to be about five feet and the aft-wrap staterooms appears to be two feet.

Our second favorite cabins are the forward "hump" staterooms on Deck 6 with the deeper verandahs and wind protection. The aft "hump" verandahs will have the wind in your face while the ship is moving.

Thanks for the great information!!!! The picture I saw showed the couch and coffee table plus 2 chairs. It seems like a lot of sitting space inside the cabin. I think if those chairs weren't there and it was just the couch and the table, it would be fine. But, in the end, I really, really like the huge balcony and think that is the way to go.

I'm new to HAL so I'm nervous about making the wrong decision. I appreciate all of the great advice I get here!

I forgot to touch on your concerns about the suite size. These suites offer plenty of room for two people. I don't think I'd book it for three. As soon as you start to enjoy the large veranda with the three-direction views that Crew News mentioned, I think you'll forget you were ever worried. You still have tons of storage and a large bath. You ought to give it a try at least once.

Deck 5 wrap balcony could hold 40 or 50-it's huge. Also completely covered and private.

We have bee in 7088 bump out on Oosterdam. VERY windy underway. We love wraps- a bit smaller but fine for 2. Like the layout-when door opens cant see into the stateroom.

• 2 weeks later...

Sailed in 7088 on the Oosterdam.

It's smaller than an SA but the layout is great. So good, that other than the smaller sofa, you didn't notice the size difference. Several friends in SA's liked it.

The verandah is tricky. It's bigger and great viewing and it gets very windy and there were always parts we couldn't use very long due to the wind.

I took everyone's advice and booked the corner aft, 7142. And booked an inside right across the hall for our kids.

That's my favorite cabin! I've been in that cabin on Westerdam, Oosterdam, and coming up on Zuiderdam. (Hmm, I think I need to look at Noodam's itineraries)

We aren't bothered about a lot of indoor space. It's that great balcony that we go for. I've seen pictures with the sofa and two chairs, but I think there may have been only one chair (plus a chair at the desk) on Oosterdam last winter. The deck 5 corner afts have bigger balconies, but I like that deck 7 is the same deck as the Neptune lounge (but it is a hike).

Your kids can't use the Neptune Lounge or the breakfast in the Pinnacle. But you can order room service for four and eat on the balcony. You'll have a proper-height table on the balcony, not just a coffee table.

Enjoy your cruise! Those corner afts are addictive!