MSC Seaview To Rotate Between Med And South America

Mikesa1721

MSC_Seaside-fill-600x375.jpg

MSC Cruises is making deployment moves with its fleet of upcoming new ships.

The MSC Seaview, which is set to be delivered from Fincantieri in 2018, will spend her inaugural summer season in the Mediterranean before a surprising deployment move sends her to South America for winter 2018-2019, according to a report in The Medi Telegraph.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/15610-msc-seaview-to-rotate-between-med-and-south-america.html

Thank you Mike. Do you know if there will be a second ship out of Miami? Maybe one of the new World ships?

For now, we know that MSC Seaside and MSC Divina will be sailing from the Port Of Miami. MSC Divina will be there seasonally once Seaside arrives. I would have to think that if MSC were to send another ship to North America, it would be sent to a Northern port like New york,,but this is all just wishful thinking at this point!! :D

MSC_Seaside-fill-600x375.jpg

MSC Cruises is making deployment moves with its fleet of upcoming new ships.

The MSC Seaview, which is set to be delivered from Fincantieri in 2018, will spend her inaugural summer season in the Mediterranean before a surprising deployment move sends her to South America for winter 2018-2019, according to a report in The Medi Telegraph.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/15610-msc-seaview-to-rotate-between-med-and-south-america.html

Price is so high now some cabins reached Oceania prices .:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You've sailed a TA to or from South America before haven't you Bea??;)

Yep, Mike, I have ................ Preziosa from Santos, Brazil to Genoa, Italy in March 2015 :) I also brought Divina back to you last October :p (not quite South America but South in America haha)

Yep, Mike, I have ................ Preziosa from Santos, Brazil to Genoa, Italy in March 2015 :) I also brought Divina back to you last October :p (not quite South America but South in America haha)

I know American citizens need a visa to visit Brazil,,did you require one as well??

I know American citizens need a visa to visit Brazil,,did you require one as well??

No ................ us Irish are welcome everywhere! ;) which is why there's a huge increase in Brits looking for Irish passports as a result of Brexit - they've suddenly discovered their Irish roots. Just kidding - they want an EUpassport!

Seriously, though, we didn't need a visa. I think we have some arrangement with Brazil :confused:

For now, we know that MSC Seaside and MSC Divina will be sailing from the Port Of Miami. MSC Divina will be there seasonally once Seaside arrives. I would have to think that if MSC were to send another ship to North America, it would be sent to a Northern port like New york,,but this is all just wishful thinking at this point!! :D

Glad to hear Divina will still be in Miami....I still want to sail her though I might be sailing on Seaside first.

Whilst visiting my son and his family who are based in Dubai we all received e-mails offering us the chance to book Seaview with some great incentives having sailed with MSC previously.

We had long conversations to MSC UK (they kindly rang back to Dubai after our initial talks - very impressed) and we have booked a Super Family Plus cabin for July 2018. We were more than satisfied with the total price and have taken the drinks packages for the three adults and two teens too.

The itinerary is of interest to us - son and family have not sailed the Med before, their other cruises with MSC have/will be come Dec setting sail from Dubai around the Emirates. I have sailed several times with MSC since 2001 when it was the smaller ships like Melody, Rhapsody and Monterey but I have been on Poeisa, Lirica and Orchestra too. Am happy to be re-visiting some ports of call on the itinerary again and it will be lovely to show the twin grandsons this part of the world.

Hopefully there will be more interest in Seaview once it goes on general sale.

Good Luck with your plans everyone.

Suzanne (Bristol, UK)

Hopefully there will be more interest in Seaview once it goes on general sale.

I wonder if we'll see the same interest in her as we've seen about Seaside, Suzanne, on this forum, anyway - mainly due to her Med itinerary which is similar to the Meraviglia's one. Interest in that one seems to have waned already .................. maybe the fuss about Seaside will translate into interest for Seaview on this side of the pond with her being a sister ship and offering the opportunity to sail on this class without having to travel Stateside.

It's on general sale now but it'll be hard to judge how she's selling in the (non-English speaking) countries where she will be marketed (i.e. Italy, France, Germany, Spain, etc) as people from these countries don't generally post on English forums.

Interesting information, but with just one perharps big reservation from me: Logistically speaking, are there or will there be at the time at least some 3 ports in South America really able to proccess anithing larger than a Fantasia class ship? Even a Fantasia class ship seems a bit big for their logistical organization, IMHO...

I would expect the seaview to go to the Dubai winter itinerary... Perharps it will be one of the Meras!!!... :)

Interesting information, but with just one perharps big reservation from me: Logistically speaking, are there or will there be at the time at least some 3 ports in South America really able to proccess anithing larger than a Fantasia class ship? Even a Fantasia class ship seems a bit big for their logistical organization, IMHO...

I would expect the seaview to go to the Dubai winter itinerary... Perharps it will be one of the Meras!!!... :)

If your expectations are correct then I can foresee my son and his family booking even more cruises with MSC as they are based in Dubai. Also it will be a good excuse for me to take a cruise from there when I go to visit them to escape the English winter. I will in fact be there in Dec for a month and we will be on Fantasia then - cannot wait and I have only been home two weeks from visiting them recently. I much prefer to go during our winter months - it was just a bit too hot for me with temperatures reaching 45C on some days!!

Let's hope there will be more interest in Seaview later this year and into 2017.

Regards

Suzanne

Mike, do you have specifics on itinerary for S. America and length of cruises info? With all the stuff going on in Europe, I'm looking at different itinerary ideas.

Nothing written in stone yet Love2,,but I'm sure MSC Seaview may sail one, if not all of these itineraries that Orchestra, Musica, and Preziosa will be sailing in March 2017.

South%20America%20Itineraries_zpshdujfnt5.jpg

Nice! I like that Orchestra itinerary.....I've always wanted to go t Buenos Aires and Rio might be nice too. I'm not getting prego any time soon, so I'm not concerned about Zika.:cool:

I like that itinerary as well Love2.:D