Ovation / Radiance 9th Feb 2017

Perhaps a question for Gbenjo. Wondering if there is any news on how the turnaround of Radiance and Ovation will be handled with them both scheduled to leave Sydney on 9th Feb 2017.

Have just noted a change to the Sydney Ports cruise schedule showing Ovation now leaving at 23.59 as opposed to the original 6.30pm.

Perhaps a question for Gbenjo. Wondering if there is any news on how the turnaround of Radiance and Ovation will be handled with them both scheduled to leave Sydney on 9th Feb 2017.

Have just noted a change to the Sydney Ports cruise schedule showing Ovation now leaving at 23.59 as opposed to the original 6.30pm.

they can only have one ship at the OPT so maybe Radiance might tender at Athol Bouy....just guessing tho

Just checked Ports of Sydney cruise schedule site and it is only showing 2 ships on 9 Feb. Ovation at OPT and Crystal Symphony at White Bay....no mention of Radiance.

nwlz5j.png

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

Cannot shed a lot of light on this at the moment. I don't start work again until our first ship comes in on the 8th October. Last I heard (end of last season) the Radiance will be at Athol Buoy and we would probably be checking guests in from a "remote" sight and ferried to the ship (not ideal.. all that luggage) but this may have changed.

I doubt if Port Kembla or Newcastle would be an option IF.. the Ovation was the ship leaving early.... but is not) then possibly they could bring the Radiance in to the OPT when it left and then load the "pre checked in" pax and luggage but that does not solve the debark problem in the morning.

No doubt it will be the "most interesting" turnaround we have been involved in and if I can find out any more info I will let you know.

Wonder if we will get paid double for turning two ships at once:D....Nah

I wouldn't think they'd still show as departing from Sydney if that's the case. (Though they could coach people up and down to Port Kembla, but that would still be false advertising imo.)

Perhaps they'll buddy them at the wharf i.e. moor Radiance beside Ovation. :-p

I wouldn't think they'd still show as departing from Sydney if that's the case. (Though they could coach people up and down to Port Kembla, but that would still be false advertising imo.)

Perhaps they'll buddy them at the wharf i.e. moor Radiance beside Ovation. :-p

Overseas I have seen Southampton and Dover advertised as "London, and then theres Civitavecchia for the port for Rome..... so it could well be...but you would think they would opt for Newcastle as its almost up and running for cruising.:)

Why not?...They will just have to walk them through a shower to wash off all the coal dust...:D:D

might be ok for people living in Sydney but to me plus others flying into Sydney airport its a lot more travelling

Cannot shed a lot of light on this at the moment. I don't start work again until our first ship comes in on the 8th October. Last I heard (end of last season) the Radiance will be at Athol Buoy and we would probably be checking guests in from a "remote" sight and ferried to the ship (not ideal.. all that luggage) but this may have changed.

I doubt if Port Kembla or Newcastle would be an option IF.. the Ovation was the ship leaving early.... but is not) then possibly they could bring the Radiance in to the OPT when it left and then load the "pre checked in" pax and luggage but that does not solve the debark problem in the morning.

No doubt it will be the "most interesting" turnaround we have been involved in and if I can find out any more info I will let you know.

Wonder if we will get paid double for turning two ships at once:D....Nah

Thanks gb. I will keep a lookout for updates. Will be hoping for your double pay :D

I think this is also the situation on the 28th January 2017 both Radiance and Ovation departing on the same day?!

Yes, you are correct, so we should have it down pat for the second turn in February:D:D

Aw gee thanks Mic. ( I better order some more red carpet and bubbly :D)

You can always surprise a few different CC members and expand the 'Special Club' membership, just don't tell Gut that he is just one of the many special 's.

Overseas I have seen Southampton and Dover advertised as "London, and then theres Civitavecchia for the port for Rome..... so it could well be...but you would think they would opt for Newcastle as its almost up and running for cruising.:)

True that - but that's because they're the closest ports. (Still misleading, but it's to indicate that's the primary destination, otherwise many people would go where's Civitavecchia, or Southhampton?)

Whereas Sydney is fortunate to have docks right in Sydney itself, so marketing a port that's quite distant, outside Sydney as Sydney is just inaccurate.

I still would suspect they have plans for something that actually is in Sydney, rather than north or south.

it's not misleading or false advertising.

At the time of planning Radiance was going from Sydney. Then Ovation changed that.

If we (as I will be on board) do change it will be a 'change of schedule".

I'd certainly prefer Port Kembla - even if they bus people down to trying to tender 3500 people off and 3500 back on --after a 14 day cruise when supplies will be low and before a 16 day cruise.

My 91 year old dad doesn't get off at tender ports as its too difficult. So that could be a bit problematic.

Hopefully Garden Island will be made available.

Royal still claims they have it under control.

Hopefully something will work out for us all.

Raina

Of course it wasn't misleading at the time they set up the schedules, as Radiance was going to be in Sydney.

However, having scheduled Ovation in and needing to displace Radiance, if the plan changed to Port Kembla, it would be misleading to still state it as Sydney.

It's a significant distance and even if they then shuttle people to/from Sydney, that's something that people still need to know for their planning. Imagine if you lived down around Wollongong, you'd be ropable to travel all that way, then be shuttled back!

I'd expect that it should still actually be in Sydney since they haven't said otherwise.

When I messaged Royal a couple of months ago they said that they were still trying to work it out with Sydney Ports Authority and they will let us know as soon as things are sorted.

Please keep us informed as to the situation.:D

• 1 month later...

Sydney ports now has Radiance at Athol buoy. So it will be an interesting turn around. Everyone will have to be tendered it looks like. Will have to wait for more info from Royal to see what they have planned for everyone. They also have White Bay so we maybe tendering from White Bay.

Maybe Grahame will have some more info when he returns to work.

Ovation of the Seas 09-Feb-2017 06:00 (Thur) 09-Feb-2017 23:59 (Thur) Overseas Passenger Terminal OPT ICS Royal Carribean

Crystal Symphony 09-Feb-2017 07:00 (Thur) 10-Feb-2017 20:00 (Fri) White Bay Cruise Terminal WBCT ISS Crystal Cruises

Radiance of the Seas 09-Feb-2017 05:00 (Thur) 09-Feb-2017 19:00 (Thur) Athol Buoy ATH4 ICS Royal Carribean

TBC 09-Feb-2017 05:00 (Thur) 09-Feb-2017 19:00 (Thur) White Bay 4 WB4 ICS Royal Carribean

Edited by lazy day
More info.

Sydney ports now has Radiance at Athol buoy. So it will be an interesting turn around. Everyone will have to be tendered it looks like. Will have to wait for more info from Royal to see what they have planned for everyone. They also have White Bay so we maybe tendering from White Bay.

Maybe Grahame will have some more info when he returns to work.

Ovation of the Seas 09-Feb-2017 06:00 (Thur) 09-Feb-2017 23:59 (Thur) Overseas Passenger Terminal OPT ICS Royal Carribean

Crystal Symphony 09-Feb-2017 07:00 (Thur) 10-Feb-2017 20:00 (Fri) White Bay Cruise Terminal WBCT ISS Crystal Cruises

Radiance of the Seas 09-Feb-2017 05:00 (Thur) 09-Feb-2017 19:00 (Thur) Athol Buoy ATH4 ICS Royal Carribean

TBC 09-Feb-2017 05:00 (Thur) 09-Feb-2017 19:00 (Thur) White Bay 4 WB4 ICS Royal Carribean

Thanks for the update.

Just going by that, it would look like Radiance could be using White Bay No 4 as a turnaround point and ferrying passengers to the ship at Athol Buoy????

Thanks for the update.

Just going by that, it would look like Radiance could be using White Bay No 4 as a turnaround point and ferrying passengers to the ship at Athol Buoy????

Agreed, that's how I'd take it.

It simplifies things at OPT (rather than trying to split both groups at the one terminal), plus records that White Bay isn't available for any other ship.