Pride of America Tropical Storm Darby

NYCruiser243

I am wondering about how the itinerary will be affected this week due to Tropical Storm Darby. The forecast is for the storm to affect the islands of Hawaii and Maui first, starting tonight into Saturday and Sunday with Molokai, Lanai and Oahu after that. I have friends who are scheduled to leave on tomorrow's sailing. Right now they are still in the air coming from New York.

Does anyone know how the itinerary will be affected? :confused:

You might also check the Hawaii board here on CC. Some of the Hawaii locals post there occassionally re weather related things, Lava flow, etc. with links to local weather reports, warnings, etc.

If NCL has to change up the itinerary or miss ports entirely, nothing to be done. There may by info on the Roll Call for this sailing as well. When problems arose concerning our POA post dry dock cruise, we learned about it from roll call posters well before NCL notified most of us.

Thanks all. I checked the other thread and the NCL site. Sailing has been moved up to 4:00 PM HST. The forecast cone looks like the center will pass towards the south but impact all the islands.

Having lived through a number of storms including Sandy here in NY I don't envy anyone sailing today.

Nancy

My son and his wife, for their honeymoon, are on the ship today and they already heard their Maui excursions were canceled. I have not heard back from him as to whether or not they are skipping Maui entirely.

My son and his wife, for their honeymoon, are on the ship today and they already heard their Maui excursions were canceled. I have not heard back from him as to whether or not they are skipping Maui entirely.

In case the POA does reverse their itinerary, they should be here (Maui) on Thursday and Friday. Please have your son see if he can confirm that and, if so, try and reschedule his tours.

It looks like my friends are not having a great time. I enjoy 'sea days' but not if I was counting on seeing several islands. It is good that the PoA is trying to stay out of the storm's path.

We were on the Disney Magic in September, 2004 when all the hurricanes hit Florida. Luckily our cruise was after several of the storms. When we checked in we were told that our 'western caribbean cruise' was headed to Puerto Rico and St. Maarten due to a storm headed to the west. When we reboarded after a day in San Juan we were told that there was a storm headed to St. Maarten so we were being rerouted to Nassau. Had a great time anyway.