Hawaii

blbailey

We sailed out of San Francisco so no Eula. :( Our CD was JJ Ulrich. We could have been sailing to Amsterdam, Russia, The Moon, Anywhere for all the "Hawaiian Atmosphere" on the ship.

If you sail out of LA you might find something to let you know where you are going.

As long as I've been cruising to Hawaii (since 2013) the Grand, out of SF, has had a very nice couple who provide a very good Hawaiian program. Perhaps they started right after your cruise, Thrak. They offer Ukelele lessons, lei making lessons, hula lessons, and general Hawaiian music entertainment.

I can think of three drinks that might be regarded "Hawaiian" and that would be a Mai Tai, Blue Hawaiian, and Pina Colada. If there is something you would like the bartender to try, just ask him/her.

The trip yo Hawaii is great, we have done it 3 times out of LA, twice with Eula and once with a very nice couple that kept the Hawiian theim going. As already mentioned, the hula lessons, lei making, and ukulele lessons, etc. But I must say the sea days are probably our favorite part, and the islands are always so beautiful. On the ship you can be as busy as you want or as lazy : ) as you want, what ever suits you best. ENJOY

Cori

As long as I've been cruising to Hawaii (since 2013) the Grand, out of SF, has had a very nice couple who provide a very good Hawaiian program. Perhaps they started right after your cruise, Thrak. They offer Ukelele lessons, lei making lessons, hula lessons, and general Hawaiian music entertainment.

I can think of three drinks that might be regarded "Hawaiian" and that would be a Mai Tai, Blue Hawaiian, and Pina Colada. If there is something you would like the bartender to try, just ask him/her.

Sheesh... Perhaps I was robbed! There was no Hawaiian decor, no Hawaiian music, etc. I think they actually may have offered Lei making classes but, if you were just wandering around... Nothing. This was in 2011 so not that long ago.

I mostly blame it on J.J. Ulrich. If we never have him as CD again I will be fine with it. He actually said "sort of" negative things about a prior CD we had that we really liked. He said that he was "interesting" while using a tone of voice that sounded like he meant the other CD was "a complete freaking weirdo". We didn't appreciate it at all. I don't care if he likes another CD or not he should not make disparaging remarks about him.

The cruise itself was great and the crew was, as always, fantastic. Princess crew members always treat us like we are special. I know that must be hard to do but we appreciate it anyway.

We've sailed with Elua twice and they provide a great experience.

Here is there scheduled for the upcoming season (through November, 2017).

#1 Report Post

Old July 19th, 2016, 12:31 AM

Cool Cruiser

Default Elua Schedule 2016-17

Aloha Kakou,

Greetings from Hilo, Hi! Leialoha and I are just back from the Diamond Princess and Japan. It was a wonderful contract, but we are ready to be home for a little while to rest, and to get things ready for our upcoming Hawaiian season.

As promised, here is our schedule for the 2016-17 Hawaiian season. These only reflect through November 2017, so we will not know where we are assigned for the remainder of next season. We are very pleased that Princess saw fit to grant our request for the Star, and we have many wonderful things in store for our guests.

September 24, 2016 Vancouver, BC-Hawaii-Vancouver, BC

October 26, 2016 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

November 20, 2016 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

December 5, 2016 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

December 20, 2016 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

January 4, 2017 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

January 19, 2017 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

January 23, 2017 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

February 7, 2017 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

February 22, 2017 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

March 13, 2017 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

April 21, 2017 Vancouver, BC-Hawai'i-Vancouver, BC

September 23, 2016 Vancouver, BC-Hawai'i-Vancouver, BC

November 4, 2017 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

Please join us for one of these cruises, as there will be the beautiful, nahenahe sounds of Hawaiian music, ukulele classes, hula classes, Hawaiian crafting and lei making, lectures on Hawaiian culture, specially chosen movies and shows and of course the aloha spirit that will permeate the air both going to the islands, as well as the return trip.

This will be our 10th season leading the Hawaiian enrichment program for Princess, and we can't wait to see as many of you as possible!

A Hui Hou,

Tiki Dave

(of Elua)

http://www.facebook.com/eluamusic

http://www.facebook.com/tikidavemusic