RCI Wishlist

We're Diamond on Royal Caribbean. We just completed our first cruise on Carnival. IF I ever do another Carnival cruise it will be on a larger ship to somewhere warm. They did have a few things I wish Royal Caribbean had. I really liked the First to the Fun, having 12 bottles of water delivered to the room for $3.99 and the bread served warm. I was wondering if there are other things different cruise lines have that you wish Royal Caribbean had.

As you can see by my signature I haven't done many Carnival cruises. Last year I did a last minute 4 day Carnival out of PC to Freeport & Nassau. Prime reason was price. As a solo, RCI 4 day cruise was going to come out to over $250/day for an inside cabin on an older ship. Although half the cabins were not booked 3 weeks out, RCI would not waive the solo surcharge or consider my Diamond Plus level.

Carnival was $250 for the 4 days, outside cabin. I liked that the cabin had a big picture window, not a porthole, and the bed was placed crosswise so I could walk around it and get to the window. When I got to the room there were several nice touches - on the bed was a vinyl mat so your suitcase wouldn't get the bed dirty. There were bathrobes in the closet, something I don't always get on RCI. The shower had a heavy duty curtain that stayed put. Nice selection of lotions etc. I liked that on embark day there were many crew members around the ship wearing T shirts that said "ASK ME", and they were very helpful. In the buffet area, I found it very nice that when I was going to get up and find something a crew member would come over and ask what I needed, and often it was a ship officer. As a solo, I have a problem with crew clearing my plate and drink away if I get up to get something, on Carnival they had a little sign you could leave on the table (I borrowed that idea and take one on RCI with me, unfortunately it is usually put to the side and the table cleared :-)). I did find the atmosphere on Carnival I little less "sedate", but not as bad as I expected. Didn't care for x rated shows, but they were clearly marked. Food was adequate, service was as good as RCI, and in some cases better.

I know others have their own opinions, that is what makes cruising great, something for everyone. If I just want a quick trip at a reasonable price I wouldn't hesitate to do Carnival again, just would expect a different experience and enjoy it.

I went on our first & only (so far) Carnival cruise in March. The 1 thing they had that I wish RCI had is a self service laundry. We cruised for 14 days & it made packing much easier.

I liked the food better on RCI IMO but they had the best blueberry pancakes I ever had in the dining room. I like plain cooking better than fancy. Everyone has their own preferences. I also enjoyed the free popcorn when watching a movie.

having 12 bottles of water delivered to the room for $3.99

I use to agree with this but now that I get the drink package, it's not as much of priority.

Fresh cooked burger grill near the pool, no charge.

Absolutely agree. Celebrity does a nice job with this.

Ive only been on one Carnival cruise and it was 20+ years ago. I am therefore going off what somebody else told me...

At Royal's Chef's Table, there is one person doing all the serving/talking. At my last Chef's Table on Anthem, one of the other guests said that Carnival had a server for each person and that it would be a bit more of a show when they present the next dish. I'm probably not describing it 100%, but it sounded a little more special than Royal (but, I will still go on my Royal cruises!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk