Cash Deposit @ Port Canaveral/Valor?

bailey57

Does anyone know if cash deposits for on-board expenses are collected at check-in, prior to boarding, or if one needs to go to guest services on the ship to deposit the funds? This is on the Valor out of PC. Thanks!

Does anyone know if cash deposits for on-board expenses are collected at check-in, prior to boarding, or if one needs to go to guest services on the ship to deposit the funds? This is on the Valor out of PC. Thanks!

I always use cash, and do it at check-in.

I buy gift cards at a discount and use them at check in to fund our cash account.

Before gift cards I used to buy $200 cruise cash online. That way I had some $ on my account to start my cruise and later the next day I would put cash down at guest services or at the kiosk

We always use cash account. We have purchased Carnival gift cards. On our last 2 cruises out of Miami and Pt Canaveral we went to the kiosk and downloaded what we wanted to start with then walked up to the people and checked it. Money was on our account.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lol, thanks, but maybe I wasn't clear. My question is do they collect the CASH deposit BEFORE you get on the ship (e.g., at check-in), or do you need to go to Purser/guest services once you're on board to make that deposit?

Thanks!

Edited by bailey57

You can do it either way.

When we've done cash accounts we always paid during check in when we got our cards. They gave us a receipt each time.

When we've done it on board we usually did it through the kiosks, or waited until the initial rush at the pursers desk slowed down some.

We always use cash account. We have purchased Carnival gift cards. On our last 2 cruises out of Miami and Pt Canaveral we went to the kiosk and downloaded what we wanted to start with then walked up to the people and checked it. Money was on our account

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Its up to you. Both way's will work.

When I was on the Valor almost a year ago, at check in, the lady asked "How much would you like to put on your sign and sail account"? She did not ask if I "wanted to". I guess I could have done it later but she did not act like that was an option and besides that, I was standing there right in front her so why would I choose to have to do it later? It took all of two minutes and I always get a receipt.

Not a matter of turning down the first in favor of the latter. I was trying to see if I had to get this done AFTER boarding. Apparently not, and of course I much prefer to take care of it at check-in. Thanks, all! :cool: