Equinox Cabin Question Moved from 2101 to 2112

farmerslou

Switched Cabins from 2101 to 2112. Supposedly they are both in the same Concierge category, although some sites have one as a C1 and one as a C2, so I am confused....

Anybody familiar with the Equinox with opinions to post on the room change would be greatly appreciated.

The reason I made the switch was I wanted to get a bit further away from the rest room (it was right against one of our cabin walls in 2101).

The other reason was that I was told 2112 slanted verandah was slightly larger.

Anybody with thoughts on those two points? Thanks in advance!

We've been in both cabins. Run from 2101! The balcony is smaller than any I've seen on the resort deck. There is also a crew door right outside the cabin that is used 24 hours a day. It is also the first cabin by the public men's room & the smoking side of the pool deck

2112 has a very good sized balcony (view is to aft), nice quiet cabin, you'll be much happier there

They are both C2 cabins

Enjoy the Equinox, she's a beautiful ship

Edited by awhfy

We've been in both cabins. Run from 2101! The balcony is smaller than any I've seen on the resort deck. There is also a crew door right outside the cabin that is used 24 hours a day. It is also the first cabin by the public men's room & the smoking side of the pool deck

2112 has a very good sized balcony (view is to aft), nice quiet cabin, you'll be much happier there

They are both C2 cabins

Enjoy the Equinox, she's a beautiful ship

I agree, go with 2112 without a doubt. Additionally, much larger balcony.

Edited by Wine-O

Another vote for 2112. Gets you away from the public bathroom, and gives you a little bigger balcony. Those are both C2 cabins.

Yes to 2112. In the past we have booked 2105, 2107 and 2109 all great cabins. did not have any noise from above. Great location right out to the pool and up the stairs to food.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the comments.

I think we are going to stay in 2112. I am glad we decided to move from 2101.

The only other question I have is this:

As we have booked the GO BEST package, we get unlimited Premium drinks, and we are also going to book the Ultimate Dining package so that we can enjoy all of the specialty restaurants while on board.

Other than room size (there are just 2 of us).....is there anybody that can justify upgrading to a suite? Since we have planned on the Ultimate Dining package, and already have unlimited premium drinks, I am curious as to thoughts from fellow cruisers.

The clock isn't ticking fast enough....hahaha.

Thank you for the comments.

I think we are going to stay in 2112. I am glad we decided to move from 2101.

The only other question I have is this:

As we have booked the GO BEST package, we get unlimited Premium drinks, and we are also going to book the Ultimate Dining package so that we can enjoy all of the specialty restaurants while on board.

Other than room size (there are just 2 of us).....is there anybody that can justify upgrading to a suite? Since we have planned on the Ultimate Dining package, and already have unlimited premium drinks, I am curious as to thoughts from fellow cruisers.

The clock isn't ticking fast enough....hahaha.

If you can afford a suite, why not. I did a cabin crawl on the equinox and my favorites were the SkySuite Aft (for me personally) and the Royal suite. I believe they have butler service, they would need it with me because I wouldn't leave. It's up to you and kind of luxury experience you would like.

So glad to hear that, because I just switched for our 2018 cruise from 2116 to 2150 (aft suite) tonight! And in answer to the OP, we have booked a sky suite for March of 2017 on Reflection, and got a great deal for Equinox March 2018 after our Summit cruise was chartered. My main reason was because we wanted to try Luminae, after our last cruise in Blu, which we really loved. I like the idea of a smaller restaurant feel, and the additional perks are welcome. We only cruise once a year (other vacation time is on land, or visiting family) so we have been able to spend a little extra. If you cruise frequently, maybe it's not in the budget every time? Also, our cruises are only one week so far, so it keeps the cost down. Go for it if you can!

So glad to hear that, because I just switched for our 2018 cruise from 2116 to 2150 (aft suite) tonight! And in answer to the OP, we have booked a sky suite for March of 2017 on Reflection, and got a great deal for Equinox March 2018 after our Summit cruise was chartered. My main reason was because we wanted to try Luminae, after our last cruise in Blu, which we really loved. I like the idea of a smaller restaurant feel, and the additional perks are welcome. We only cruise once a year (other vacation time is on land, or visiting family) so we have been able to spend a little extra. If you cruise frequently, maybe it's not in the budget every time? Also, our cruises are only one week so far, so it keeps the cost down. Go for it if you can!

I am green with envy. I just started cruising a few years ago. I will do the sky suite one day. I am cruising 2 times a year. My itineraries are the cheap ones either. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] enjoy your sky suite .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...
On 7/24/2016 at 8:50 PM, awhfy said:

2112 has a very good sized balcony (view is to aft), nice quiet cabin, you'll be much happier there. 

On 7/24/2016 at 9:50 PM, Wine-O said:

I agree, go with 2112 without a doubt. Additionally, much larger balcony.

On 7/25/2016 at 9:55 AM, bigbenboys said:

Yes to 2112. In the past we have booked 2105, 2107 and 2109 all great cabins. did not have any noise from above. Great location right out to the pool and up the stairs to food.

I am currently looking at 2111 and it seems that it is in the same location as 2112, on the port side . I am seeing some photos that look like there is a support beam right outside the balcony. Does this disrupt the view? Also, is there likely to be any noise from upstairs or smoke smell? 

9 minutes ago, Banana15 said:

I am currently looking at 2111 and it seems that it is in the same location as 2112, on the port side . I am seeing some photos that look like there is a support beam right outside the balcony. Does this disrupt the view? Also, is there likely to be any noise from upstairs or smoke smell? 

We were on Equinox in 2115, right next door.  No issues from noise upstairs or smoke smell.  The support beam will be negligible.   It's a great location on the ship.  🍷

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

We were on Equinox in 2115, right next door.  No issues from noise upstairs or smoke smell.  The support beam will be negligible.   It's a great location on the ship.  🍷

Thank you!!