A couple more drink package questions

Poconolady

I am trying to decide on getting drink packages for our 19 night transpacific cruise in Sept.

1. Right now the Classic pkg is 49.50 (+18%) per day, almost $2100 for two- can I count on that same price if I wait to book onboard? Or, could they charge more on the ship? Reason for asking, we are boarding a day late and don't want to pay for time not on ship. Also we have some OBC to use.

2. It has been reported that Celebrity raises prices for drinks upon leaving Hawaii, so does that mean that a Classic pkg will become far more limited in what you can get? Or, since there are published lists of included liquor for the pkg, will that take precedence?

The package price is the same before boarding as it is after.

There is no menu pricing bate n switch. Where ever you read or heard it, bunk.

The cost limits are as published, $6, $8, or $9

Edited by wallie5446

The package price is the same before boarding as it is after.

Agree.

If your price for the beverage package is about $1050 each that equates to one person spending $55 and change every day on beverages. The break even point is that you both do that. Ask yourself, is that going to happen?

There are plenty of on-line resources to determine drink prices for your cruise. There are even .xls spread sheets that can help you make a determination of whether or not it is the right thing for you or not. Just make sure the drink pricing in them is current.

With two Martini's at the Martini bar at around $15 per pop with gratuity, a nice glass of wine with both lunch and dinner ($18), an after dinner coffee, whiskey or liquor ($7-8), you're there.

That's a pretty good deal of booze per day. Your mileage will vary. That math also assumes your partner drinks the same amount as you do. (not even close to the case with me). We did drink packages on the first leg of one month B2B on Millenium in Asia. I cancelled the package on the second leg because I felt compelled to make the break-even mark each day. Not good.

We did fine on the second leg just paying for the drinks and I felt much better on arising every morning.

The bottom line is how much do you drink or plan to drink..I find that it's worth it to get package especially if its included in cruise price.

We drink more than the average couple plus with my wife drinking $15 martinis the tab can get high over an 11 nighter.

Totally up to you but better to get it if yer a drinker.

Happy Sailing!!

Hmm, so if they raise the price because we are headed to Australia, does that mean that an $8 basic drink is actually a $9.44 drink, and out of the Classic price range, so I would actually be charged the 9.44 on my account, even though I have already paid for the Classic package?

The Classic Beverage is normally $55 per person per day plus the 18%. So at $49.50 it is a 10% savings. I would buy it now as if you wait until you get on the ship there is a 99% chance it will be the normal $55 +18%.

We are booked on A TA and the beverage packages are also 10% less if purchased now.

Hmm, so if they raise the price because we are headed to Australia, does that mean that an $8 basic drink is actually a $9.44 drink, and out of the Classic price range, so I would actually be charged the 9.44 on my account, even though I have already paid for the Classic package?

Hi,

On cruises from UK and Australia, the prices limits are adjusted to reflect the inclusion of the 18% in the base price. You will not be charged.

JIm

The Classic Beverage is normally $55 per person per day plus the 18%. So at $49.50 it is a 10% savings. I would buy it now as if you wait until you get on the ship there is a 99% chance it will be the normal $55 +18%.

We are booked on A TA and the beverage packages are also 10% less if purchased now.

This is great advice. At the final payment and opening of online checkin X may offer discounts. Usually 10%. This was the case last week for October TA. We saved $230 on the premium package price.