Equinox and Best+ lures us back after 15 years

jimmieg

After an absence from Celebrity of about 15 years, the new Equinox 11 day itinerary for 2017, combined with great pricing, Celebrity perks and competive agency perks caused me to pull the trigger today.

Per this board, I picked a nice Panorama balcony cabin "on the bump" (thanks for the tip!).

In the interlude, we've become frequent travelers with Princess- and the good elite perks, and knowledge of the ships made it challenging to venture away. Note: Princess treats us well, have 2 cruises with them in 2017, too. But I really like the 11 day itinerary, which gives me Antiqua, St. Maarten and Tortola (not a regular Princess call). We are west coasters, a not bored with the Caribbean.

I prefer an early table for two - early dining is already waitlisted. So, "anytime" is my backup.

Anyway, just feeling great and wanted to tell some of you who would appreciate the "just booked it" feeling.

Welcome Home!

We first sailed Princess in 1992, our last was the Ruby in 2012. Our last 3 years have been on Celebrity, 2014 & 2015 on the Equinox, after our 1st in 1994, and we are booked again on the Equinox in Nov 2017.

Great choice.

I dont know what date of the cruise you booked in 2017 but as a Diamond+ on RCL I also booked a cruise on the Equinox (4-24-2017). The price & all the extras my TA gave me it was too hard to not take advantage of. Never been on the Equinox & we are really looking forward to her.

george35

I dont know what date of the cruise you booked in 2017 but as a Diamond+ on RCL I also booked a cruise on the Equinox (4-24-2017). The price & all the extras my TA gave me it was too hard to not take advantage of. Never been on the Equinox & we are really looking forward to her.

george35

We are Diamond and Elite by actual time on ship with both lines. We have our 3rd cruise on the Equinox booked for Nov 2017. Great Choice!

Going on Equinox too, but not until next summer. We're Diamond with Royal and this will be our first cruise on Celebrity...and as Elite. The perks were what lured us too, plus we never get tired of the Caribbean. Added bonus was this itinerary has Key West on it and it's almost impossible to find a 7-night cruise with Key West included. We know almost nothing about Celebrity, but we are excited.

We also signed up for the Equinox cruise the other day. We are on the 11 day Oct. 16th 2017. I haven't been on the Equinox so it will be exciting to explore a new ship. We scored an SV cabin. We chose Celebrity Select Dining which is what we like for the flexibility. Also, when we did Traditional Dining we always had to make sure to notify them that we would be eating elsewhere. If we didn't they would probably think we were late and wait for us.

We have been on the Eclipse twice and it is also in the same S class so I don't think Equinox will really be much different, but it will still be exciting.

Edited by ReneeFLL