Cabin location on Marina

Avidtraveller56

Opp's, sorry---on the other decks that have cabin,s I think any time you can get a a cabin/suite in the back is great---so much more view. Some people think the back isn't that great-but we love that area. Also no one is walking in front of your door, you don't hear voices from outside.

Might be more helpful to know what type of information are you looking for ??

Is the cabin noisy?

Is there more motion there??

It is a Concierge level cabin they are the same size as all the A & B cabins on the ship

Edited by LHT28

Thank you for your help. I should have said the cabin right in front of the owners suite, not beside it. It's cabin 10109. What we are asking I guess, is are the views good from the balcony, is it noisy from the engines/propellers, is it rough. We have travelled with Oceania twice and both times our cabins were midship.

P1120362.jpgIn order to locate the veranda of 10109 in this photograph, look for the row of orange umbrellas. That is the Deck 12 Terrace Cafe, now count down two decks and look just forward of the privacy screen guarding the Owners Suite Jacuzzi and voila! :D

b_094629.jpg

Having passenger accommodations both above and below makes Deck 10 exceptionally quiet, but you will feel more engine vibrations at the stern of the ship.

oceania%20newb%20dif.jpg

I personally find the stern to be the steadiest part of the ship, because that is where the propellers are biting into the ocean, but mid ship fans have their own theories. :o

When the ship is maneuvering in ports, the vibration and noise of the thrusters can be significant, but we are talking about minutes per port at a time of day when most passengers are getting ready for their day, anyway.

If "sleeping in" on Port Days is on your agenda, stay as midship as possible.

I am a sleepier-iner and we always book - where possible - an aft stateroom. I have never had vibration issues on port days. But I am not the lightest sleeper either. Just my opinion on the very back. Fav part of the ship because who doesn't love to watch the wake?!

I am a sleepier-iner and we always book - where possible - an aft stateroom. I have never had vibration issues on port days. But I am not the lightest sleeper either. Just my opinion on the very back. Fav part of the ship because who doesn't love to watch the wake?!

Have you been on Marina or Riviera ??

I do not think it matter where you are on the ship those thrusters shake the whole ship at times :eek:

I have to agree with Lyn, here. We were in one of the Deck 11 aft OC suites three years ago and going in or out of port was REALLY LOUD. It didn't affect our sleep, however, whereas being on Insignia in a Vista some years ago did ... going into port could be very loud. But we just turned over and went back to sleep.

The OC location couldn't have bothered us too much because we are waitlisted for one of the aft suites next spring on Marina. I like those aft suites because the veranda is enormous and the aft view is fabulous. You lose space inside the suite because the aft suites only have 1-1/2 baths whereas the Deck 12 OCs have two bathrooms. But we really don't need the second shower.

Mura

We have sailed in cabin 10109 twice on the Marina and love that cabin. We now request it whenever we are sailing the Marina. Quiet with a beautiful view from the verandah. Quite often, when docking, you are on the side facing port and the city and exceptional views can be had. Love that cabin!