Cash Tips, who keeps them? Shared?

Ox Fan Cruiser

If you give your server or steward a cash tip on top of the standard gratuity charged per room per day, do they keep it themselves? Or do they have to share it with the rest of the staff? Like a Tip Pool. Also, is it the same on all cruise lines?

For the cruise lines I am aware of (RCCL, HAL, Disney), as long as you leave the autogratuity in place they are allowed to keep any extra.

If the autogratuity is removed, however, they must turn in what they receive - at least up to what the autogratuity would be - or they could face termination.

Given that X is under the same company as RCCL it would be the same. But it is only a guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

They are informed.

Yep. There is a list of who has removed the auto gratuities. And if done prior to the final day, expect to be asked by those assigned to serve you - if not their superiors - what they can do to improve your experience. Because the assumption is if they are removed something is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

what about an extra tip in the spa or the bar? (on top of the tip automatically charged)

I have personally seen tips go in a large jar that we have given to favorite servers in the Martini Bar. My assumption, therefore, is that the extras are shared in this particular location.