Culinary Arts Kitchen Classes

shuguley

Just wondering if any CC's have tried one of the Culinary Arts Kitchen classes on Explorer and could provide a review. My wife and I have signed up for a class on healthy cooking on a future cruise and were interested how these were going.

I havn't taken one on Regent, but I've taken about 10 on "O". You learn a few things in the class, however it is a really fun hands on enjoyable event. I would think it's about the same as "O"'s because they have been doing it awhile. I'll be on my first Regent cruise soon and plan on taking a few classes.

Rick

We have taken two classes on Oceania and enjoyed them tremendously. The head of the program on Oceania is currently on the Explorer. It is definitely worth the price. The only issue I have with a few classes is that they are held at 4:00 p.m. which for us is too late to be eating all of the great food we prepare in class and then go to dinner.

I havn't taken one on Regent, but I've taken about 10 on "O". You learn a few things in the class, however it is a really fun hands on enjoyable event. I would think it's about the same as "O"'s because they have been doing it awhile. I'll be on my first Regent cruise soon and plan on taking a few classes.

Rick

I have one off topic question that I hope I'll be forgiven for. I am so curious to know why you are trying Regent. While I'm not sure if the upper suites you generally book are on the Riviera, Marina or the older ships (the only Oceania ships that I would sail on are the new ones) the Vista and Owner's Suite are over the top gorgeous. You get all of the alcohol you could possibly drink (in your suite), have a Jacuzzi and television on the balcony, etc. Plus, you have probably accumulated many benefits from your cruises on Oceania? What do you think you'll find that is better on Regent (okay - that was two questions):)

Well to be truthful, We had a poor TA, so we moved to SilverSeas (2 cruise's on them) and SeaDreams (3). Good but not the best. We enjoyed Oceania--most of the time we cruised the newer ships in the Owners Suite (very nice but a little to big) and the R ships also in the Owners suite (not layed out the best for us, I like a door between the living and bedroom). One time we couldn't get the Owners Suite and took the Oceania Suite (nice but didn't feel right to us).

When we travel most of the time friends travel with us. Oceania did a good job doing the things and service we wanted, so that said we'll be on Oceania unless we love Regent. I like small ships, great service, being on the ship is more important than being off the ship. The drinks don't matter because we don't drink (choice we made), tours so/so because we perfer ptv tours and don't like being out all day. That said I realize we're paying for things we don't need. Now why we picked Regent, wanted change and it's part of the "O" family-also it's a line I think you can do what you want or do nothing at all. I also like the dinner options, and being in a Grand Suite you get a few more benefits than "O". Yes we do lose a few benefits OBC by cruising "O" 8 times--but our new TA made up that easy and more. So lets see-I think we'll have a great time. If you have another question, ask! Rick

Edited by ronrick1943

Rick, thank you so much for your detailed explanation. Interestingly, we also tried Silverswa but prefer Regent. We did like the Vista suite on the Rivera (twice - once in a PH Suite) but still prefer Regent.

We will be in the same category that you will be in on the Explorer in November. I don't recall when your Explorer cruise is but hope you enjoy it and Regent.

Jackie

I took 2 Culinary Arts Kitchen classes and enjoyed them both. Mediterranean and Grilling (called something else but that's what it was about).

I had taken several on O over a year ago and they are very similar. Chef Kelly - assisted by Chef Noelle and several others - made it a very good experience. The main difference is on the Explorer each person has his/her own spot - no sharing. I think the class limit is 18.

Do it and have fun!

Peggy

I took 2 Culinary Arts Kitchen classes and enjoyed them both. Mediterranean and Grilling (called something else but that's what it was about).

I had taken several on O over a year ago and they are very similar. Chef Kelly - assisted by Chef Noelle and several others - made it a very good experience. The main difference is on the Explorer each person has his/her own spot - no sharing. I think the class limit is 18.

Do it and have fun!

Peggy

I understand there was a charge on Oceania. Is there also a charge on Regent, or is it included in the "free" opportunities?