What are my chances of a table for two?

Mandy

We booked the Equinox for the Oct. 27, 2017 sailing and requested early dining, table for two. What are our chances we actually receive a table for two? For many reason, we greatly prefer dining just the two of us. We've sailed most common cruise lines, with the exception of Celebrity and have always chosen the anytime dining option with varied results. Our last cruise was on Holland and our only suite. We usually asked the concierge to deliver dinner to our cabin and we would dine on our enormous balcony. It was heaven! The problem with suites is everything else will pale in comparison. Thanks for your wisdom :)

If you choose Select (anytime) Dining, you can always get a table for two. If you selected traditional dining, good luck - Sorry I couldn't figure out what you did on this particular cruise from your post.

Edited by neverbeenhere

With traditional dining I have never been assigned a table for two automatically. However I have always been able to obtain one by checking upon boarding.

That being said the last two or three years I have always been in Aqua, so my info is a little dated.

Greg

Just ask for one, you might wait a while, much like a restaurant getting a table you like. Be prepared, some times the tables for two are so close that you might hears the other diners saying things you do not want to hear. :D

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I requested a table for two, early assigned seating. Thanks for the quick replies.

On boarding, check your restaurant card in your room - go to dining room and check if its for 2. Make request then if not. May take a couple nights as things sort out - if you're willing to switch to late seating, that improves chance for 2. Be aware, several two's are along entryway wall with everyone checking out your table when pasing, sometimes under stairwell, or near swinging door with servers frequenting. Good Luck

We always have our ta request a 2 top at early seating.

Right after boarding we visit the mdr and check our table assignment. Often they have us at a large table.

No problem though. There's always someone on duty in the mdr to handle change requests and that person has always been able to get us a table for 2. Sometimes we've had to move from early to late seating to get a better location though.

Mandy,

You have picked a most wonderful Ship for your 1st sailing with Celebrity. We have cruised on her the last 2 Novembers and are booked for the sailing after yours in 2017. 5-6 couples on our cruise are staying over from your sailing too.

Now you can order dinner from the MDR menu and have it on your balcony too. Ask your cabin steward about it.

There should be no issue at all getting a 2 top in the MDR when you go.

EW

We booked the Equinox for the Oct. 27, 2017 sailing and requested early dining, table for two. What are our chances we actually receive a table for two? For many reason, we greatly prefer dining just the two of us. We've sailed most common cruise lines, with the exception of Celebrity and have always chosen the anytime dining option with varied results. Our last cruise was on Holland and our only suite. We usually asked the concierge to deliver dinner to our cabin and we would dine on our enormous balcony. It was heaven! The problem with suites is everything else will pale in comparison. Thanks for your wisdom :)

We are on this sailing as well..you should check out the very active roll call thread! We have been choosing Select Dining (anytime dining on some other lines) for our last few cruises and have never had a problem getting a two-top! Yes, sometimes the two-tops are close together but it's pretty obvious when your neighbours want to socialize or have a more private dinner and just as easy to do the same yourself. Is there a reason you chose early set dining? At any rate, please check out the roll call thread and welcome to what looks like a great itinerary!

We request a table for 2 every time and it rarely has worked for us. We do go to the dining room upon boarding and ask for a change, which does eventually work, but it usually takes at least 30-60 minutes to straighten it out.

I'm booked on my first Celebrity cruise next year, it's nice people are asking the same questions I have.

Does your Captains club status (like Elite) help at all with getting a table for 2? On RCCL in the past I've been able to email my table request to their diamond concierge a few weeks before the cruise and that's worked better than the normal "request and if you don't have it when you board see the Maitre D" method.

-- Kevin

Funny. We are sailing 10/16/17. Yes with select dining you can table for two. I suggest scoping out the dining room, find a table you love and request it. It's easiest if you eat on the early side. Great promotion on those sailings

I'm booked on my first Celebrity cruise next year, it's nice people are asking the same questions I have.

Does your Captains club status (like Elite) help at all with getting a table for 2? On RCCL in the past I've been able to email my table request to their diamond concierge a few weeks before the cruise and that's worked better than the normal "request and if you don't have it when you board see the Maitre D" method.

-- Kevin

No. They are very professional at treating every passenger with the same level of courtesy, regardless of CC level, or being a first time cruiser.

Edited by wallie5446

We always have our ta request a 2 top at early seating.

Right after boarding we visit the mdr and check our table assignment. Often they have us at a large table.

No problem though. There's always someone on duty in the mdr to handle change requests and that person has always been able to get us a table for 2. Sometimes we've had to move from early to late seating to get a better location though.

This has always worked for us. On most occasions we have found our original request for a 2 top has been accommodated.

We've been assigned a table for two every time we requested one.

Good Luck.

Mike

The same for us; never an issue to keep the same table, but we eat very early! You should be able to also, especially if you eat early. Get in line 15 minutes ahead of opening...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums