Is golden princess drydocking in october 16

10 oceanviews left

110 balconies left

70 mini suites left

At least half of the other suites.

Have no-idea what this means with 78 days to-go;

By the way mrs 1 just came out and said hey we haven't booked excursions yet,i looked blankly and said No **** Sherlock,ive been asking you to discuss that for weeks.

Plus I said you need to get VISASSSSSSSSS.

I got the settle pettle we are going for the double entry,give it a few weeks.

Just about chewing through the picnic table here,need to do dry pack etc etc etc.

OH YEAH IM AS CALM AS A CUMCUMBER ALRIGHT.

At least we only need china visa,rest can be done onboard,

Plenty of time still but I wouldn't dally with the visas as they can sometimes take a while if sending it through, although we did ours in less than a week here in person in Canberra.

Edited by MicCanberra

Have flights,hotels, booked, will be in Beijing for 9 days before cruise.Going to the wall,forbidden tomb,terrocota warriors,some palace,hell I don't know I just do as I'm told,

Good plans,

BTW, the terracotta warriors are not in Beijing they are in Xian.

It might mean some upsells in the wind.

We've got a similar situation with our upcoming Sun Princess PNG cruise. 45 days to go and over 100 cabins unsold, mostly balconies and some oceanviews. Very expensive too. OVs are over $4000, and balconies over $5000 for a 20 night cruise. All the inside cabins are sold out as are the mini-suites, although there aren't many of those on Sun.

Have flights,hotels, booked, will be in Beijing for 9 days before cruise.Going to the wall,forbidden tomb,terrocota warriors,some palace,hell I don't know I just do as I'm told,

See if you can do a hutong tour. I did one years ago, started off in rickshaws and went to the bell tower and drum tower, then to a hutong (courtyard house) where we went inside and spoke to a resident. After that we went to Prince Gong's Palace which has beautiful gardens, and did a tea ceremony there. It was a very interesting half day tour.

Mrs and Mrs

Our Visas are ready to post.....its a big job....eck hope mine goes through smoothly. ...last time they rang us up because we didn't fellow have the right info....gulp...All they wanted was a copy of our medicare card lol.....I think it's because I'm not Australian.....so we provided that this time and will see what happens.....

Also we don't have any set schedule for Beijeng for the 7 days there....

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Mrs and Mrs

Our Visas are ready to post.....its a big job....eck hope mine goes through smoothly. ...last time they rang us up because we didn't fellow have the right info....gulp...All they wanted was a copy of our medicare card lol.....I think it's because I'm not Australian.....so we provided that this time and will see what happens.....

Also we don't have any set schedule for Beijeng for the 7 days there....

I really must get Linda moving on this.

We have 3 tours organised in Beiging,and then just winging it.

Haven't booked any excursions, will prob do today.

Our problem is we cant sustain any-more than 4 hrs touring, due to medications and tiredness,and cant cope with overcrowded groups for long periods of time.

That's why we will probably wing it again on excursions, although the ship docks along way from attractions, but I'm sure, we can experience fun things close to ship,esp hong-kong,vietnam and japan.

China will be fun,god forbide,well prob end up in some gulag.

Just cancelled terracotta warriors,its to far.

As for upgrades,its a dream,that wont happen even if offered,other half has to have a dark cabin.

What company are you using for Visas.

Anyways will prob see yas in beiging,im sure we will all run into each other,and establish,who the weirdest is.(lol).

Going to be fun.

Yours Traci.

I doubt if the Golden Princess will be having a dry dock this year. It had one around mid 2015 prior to sailing to Oz. A member of CC posted a comprehensive review and a video. I really doubt they would put her into dry dock so soon after her last one. You can check the review out here. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2222003&highlight=golden+princess+drydock+2015

This is the video

And as OzKiwiJJ mentioned, there was also extensive work done to the childrens/teens areas during the repo cruise to China April 2016.

Our problem is we cant sustain any-more than 4 hrs touring, due to medications and tiredness,and cant cope with overcrowded groups for long periods of time.That's why we will probably wing it again on excursions, although the ship docks along way from attractions, but I'm sure, we can experience fun things close to ship,esp hong-kong,vietnam and japan.

As for upgrades,its a dream,that wont happen even if offered,other half has to have a dark cabin.

Anyways will prob see yas in beiging,im sure we will all run into each other,and establish,who the weirdest is.(lol).

Going to be fun.

Yours Traci.

Good luck with avoiding crowds in China, it can be overwhelming sometimes.

I doubt if the Golden Princess will be having a dry dock this year. It had one around mid 2015 prior to sailing to Oz. A member of CC posted a comprehensive review and a video. I really doubt they would put her into dry dock so soon after her last one. You can check the review out here. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2222003&highlight=golden+princess+drydock+2015

This is the video

And as OzKiwiJJ mentioned, there was also extensive work done to the childrens/teens areas during the repo cruise to China April 2016.

Thanks for the links.:D

Our problem is we cant sustain any-more than 4 hrs touring, due to medications and tiredness,and cant cope with overcrowded groups for long periods of time.

That's why we will probably wing it again on excursions, although the ship docks along way from attractions, but I'm sure, we can experience fun things close to ship,esp hong-kong,vietnam and japan.

Going to be fun.

Yours Traci.

Lol

Yeah it is hard to pick and choose tours to suit....

I have decided not to get off on the second stop in Veitnam.....its too much for me so hubby is doing the Delta river on his own....

Our tours are mostly booked through Princess this time as I didnt want to stuff everyone up if i got sick...(Im on the mend lol its just going to take time to heal)..

I have trouble with heights..sometimes IM OK but there is never any guarantee...glas lifts are not my friends.....

We did our visa online and just printed them off and need to send them

Lol

Yeah it is hard to pick and choose tours to suit....

I have decided not to get off on the second stop in Veitnam.....its too much for me so hubby is doing the Delta river on his own....

Our tours are mostly booked through Princess this time as I didnt want to stuff everyone up if i got sick...(Im on the mend lol its just going to take time to heal)..

I have trouble with heights..sometimes IM OK but there is never any guarantee...glas lifts are not my friends.....

We did our visa online and just printed them off and need to send them

Hearing ya,frantically going through tours now,and booking,will be booking mostly ship tours I guees.e

Watch some of the tours.....If they include meals....One of the popular ones in Osaka comes with western meal.... :( we having a nearly temple free trip this time.....

Watch some of the tours.....If they include meals....One of the popular ones in Osaka comes with western meal.... :( we having a nearly temple free trip this time.....

All done,have booked excursions,all ship ones.

One they even throw some fruit in for lunch lol.

Seriously just booked the 4 hr ones,back at ship early and might be able to then wander off on our own,or not.

Only one 8.5 hr one.

Anyways that's tucked away.

Now the VISAs

LINDA.

See if you can do a hutong tour. I did one years ago, started off in rickshaws and went to the bell tower and drum tower, then to a hutong (courtyard house) where we went inside and spoke to a resident. After that we went to Prince Gong's Palace which has beautiful gardens, and did a tea ceremony there. It was a very interesting half day tour.

For sure OKJ,will check a hutong out,not many left in Beijing,but apparently one near where we are staying.

Just wanna get into the street food.

hi ozkiwijj i googled golden princess 2016 program and got on to cruise guru site and the gap and tba is just before leaving beijing.

That's interesting, thanks for the info. I guess she's still under whoever organises the Chinese cruises at that stage. Maybe they had a charter that cancelled or something and they haven't decided what to do instead.

As LC1950 says, it's unlikely to be a dry dock.

All done,have booked excursions,all ship ones.

One they even throw some fruit in for lunch lol.

Seriously just booked the 4 hr ones,back at ship early and might be able to then wander off on our own,or not.

Only one 8.5 hr one.

Anyways that's tucked away.

Now the VISAs

LINDA.

Good work.:D

That's interesting, thanks for the info. I guess she's still under whoever organises the Chinese cruises at that stage. Maybe they had a charter that cancelled or something and they haven't decided what to do instead.

As LC1950 says, it's unlikely to be a dry dock.

Based on the information, I would say it is a charter cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
According to the princess web site the deck plan before the 2nd October 17 is different to the deck plan after that date.

That's not uncommon. They change the category of a couple of cabins and then have to have two sets of deck plans.

There's a lot they do while sailing.

Don't think I've ever been on a cruise where they weren't painting and varnishing.

One cruise the laundry was closed on each floor for a few days while they replaced machines, then the laundry on another level.

I love watching the loading of the ship while we wait to board, or when picking someone up, when you see some of what they load you start to realise how much work actually goes on during any cruise.

Had work done on our balcony a few times.

Last cruise replacing carpet, right through the ship.

Changing TVs to flat screen with on demand.nah not that tall  

Basically they'll do as much as they can that will shorten the time in dry dock, but if it can be done in dry dock without extending the time, they'll do it in dry dock.

On Celebrity Century, a few months before she left the fleet they were doing lots of bits and pieces that we were told were to get ready for the new owners.

they rebuild engines while cruising too learnt that while doing the ultimate tour

Edited by Hawka