will Carnival allow three people to book a 4 person room

fluffluf

We were looking at a multi family cruise where due his owning a business we won't know until closer to cruise time if my daughters husband will be able to go. When I asked one of Carnival's competitors if we could book a 4 person room (the ones with two Pullmans) with just three people and possible but not for sure add one more later the agent said no problem but that Carnival was very strict and their policy was if there was a three person family at the time of booking they would only put them in a 4 person room if there were no three person rooms open. When I called Carnival the agent said "that's not always the case" and she could "request" a 4 person room which wasn't as reassuring as the other companies agents "no problem"(to place three guest in a 4 bed room). Anyone had any experience with getting a 4 person room with Carnival with less than 4 in the room perhaps due to similar situation or the room was better location et? Our issue is if the cruise line insists on three people going in a three person room rather than a four person one there might not be a bed open if we later wanted to add that forth person. Actually, if we do decide on Carnival, I'll probably handle by telling the agent if she wants the commission she would need to let us do the choose your room options and have down in writing a 4 person room with just three passengers listed (and charged for) before we did a deposit and see what happens!

We were looking at a multi family cruise where due his owning a business we won't know until closer to cruise time if my daughters husband will be able to go. When I asked one of Carnival's competitors if we could book a 4 person room (the ones with two Pullmans) with just three people and possible but not for sure add one more later the agent said no problem but that Carnival was very strict and their policy was if there was a three person family at the time of booking they would only put them in a 4 person room if there were no three person rooms open. When I called Carnival the agent said "that's not always the case" and she could "request" a 4 person room which wasn't as reassuring as the other companies agents "no problem"(to place three guest in a 4 bed room). Anyone had any experience with getting a 4 person room with Carnival with less than 4 in the room perhaps due to similar situation or the room was better location et? Our issue is if the cruise line insists on three people going in a three person room rather than a four person one there might not be a bed open if we later wanted to add that forth person. Actually, if we do decide on Carnival, I'll probably handle by telling the agent if she wants the commission she would need to let us do the choose your room options and have down in writing a 4 person room with just three passengers listed (and charged for) before we did a deposit and see what happens!

If you engage the services of a PVP, you should be able to get this trickery done

How close to sail date would you know? You might have better luck booking 4 and then cancelling if the 4th could not make the trip. HOWEVER you would need to do this around the 75 days before sailing for a 7 day cruise and be sure you had a fully refundable deposit.

The likelihood of your being able to book 3 in a 4 room will be dependent upon if you are sailing in a high volume sailing time.

Carnival will allow one perSon to book a 5 person room if the price is right

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Single occupants and suites are not subjected to occupancy restrictions.

We booked a quad with just two of us last year on the Sunshine peak season. We waited until the opened up those rooms for booking doubles, which was about 5 months out. If you can't get it done on your own, use the services of a PVP or TA. That may or may not work. Depending on how the ship is filling, sometimes they never relax the occupancy requirements.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Be aware that even if you book a quad, if you wait too close to the sailing date you may still not be able to add that 4th person if the ship is at capacity. That can happen without all rooms being booked at capacity.

How this "usually" plays out:

If 3 people are booked in a 4 person cabin, and Carnival needs that 4 person cabin for a new booking, Carnival will move the 3 people to a 3 person cabin. A good PVP or representative will tell you that at time of booking, that you may get bumped from the cabin; however, be aware some are only interested in making your booking and may not be honest on the front end. In those cases, you would not find out until you actually get bumped and Carnival won't budge. The same holds true for people booking handicapped cabins who do not need them. You should be told at time of booking you could get bumped from the cabin.

So a simpler way of stating this is: Carnival will not hold a 4 person cabin for a booking with 3 people. If the booking is made that way, you will be subject to being involuntarily bumped from the cabin regardless of what a booking representative tells you. Caveat emptor.