Costa Maya?

casadetexas

Not really a port adventure but we loved our excursion to Maya Chan beach resort in Costa Maya. It has a beautiful beach area with individual palapas that are reserved just for you. I believe the number is limited so you should not feel crowded. The lunch is delicious! I would definitely return there if I'm ever back in Costa Maya.

We have a 7 and 10 yr old and are going on the Liberty in a couple weeks. We did not book an excursion for Costa Maya - did lots of internet research and it sounds like taking a cab into Mahahual and picking a beach club is the best bet. Some supposedly don't have a cover charge as long as you eat and drink there.

So that's our plan...

We have a 7 and 10 yr old and are going on the Liberty in a couple weeks. We did not book an excursion for Costa Maya - did lots of internet research and it sounds like taking a cab into Mahahual and picking a beach club is the best bet. Some supposedly don't have a cover charge as long as you eat and drink there.

So that's our plan...

You have a good plan. That's what we always do there. :)

This place is super easy to get to from the cruise port, just take the $3 bus/open air bus there and you are there in 5-10 minutes tops. It's the first place along the Malecon after the lighthouse and right beside Senior Frogs.

They have some type of package deal w/snorkeling, etc., but when we visited they just asked that we buy a drink/food. Pina Colada unfortunately was absolutely awful...Tasted and looked very odd. Food and cold beer were wonderful though. Loved just relaxing at their beach and walking down past the various shops.

If you're looking for an all inclusive, music, etc., there are numerous places right down the road from Blue Kay.

Not really a port adventure but we loved our excursion to Maya Chan beach resort in Costa Maya. It has a beautiful beach area with individual palapas that are reserved just for you. I believe the number is limited so you should not feel crowded. The lunch is delicious! I would definitely return there if I'm ever back in Costa Maya.

We reserved a spot there during on next cruise. Open bar and wifi are my two favorite words!

Looking at port adventures is a little tough when we have a 9 yr old. Most adventures are for 12 and up. What does everyone else do?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Stay on the nearly empty ship.

I would recommend Mayá Lost Mayan Kingdom. It is a short tram ride from the port (you can see the park from the ship). This water park has great water slides and fun zip lines. The equipment was in very good condition. I went with my wife and 8 year old daughter this past June. The park is fairly new and the staff is very friendly. We has a great time and will definitely return to Mayá Lost Mayan Kingdom the next time we travel to Costa Maya.

OP, don't wait too long to book Maya Chan. I think they limit their guests to 40....I got an email from them today regarding our visit next week, and they are fully booked for quite some time, with waiting lists.

Thanks for the tip. Wow how nice. Just heard back from them this morning. Sold out. :(

So that's our plan...

So you just randomly pick one out? Are there good ones and not so good ones?

I would recommend Mayá Lost Mayan Kingdom. It is a short tram ride from the port (you can see the park from the ship). This water park has great water slides and fun zip lines. The equipment was in very good condition. I went with my wife and 8 year old daughter this past June. The park is fairly new and the staff is very friendly. We has a great time and will definitely return to Mayá Lost Mayan Kingdom the next time we travel to Costa Maya.

We have thought about it. Looks like this would be our last resort. It does look like a lot of fun. We don't get to the beach often enough so we try to pick beach themed things to do wherever we go.

Speaking of Costa Maya, heading there late Jan next year.:)

We are on FoS which is hitting up Cozumel as well the day before. My family is looking for some a good ruins to tour. Been trying to figure out which port would be the best for it, ease, price, and time, any suggestions? :confused:

Try the Krazy Lobster. Very nice people. Food is good. $1 Coronas.

Get a $20, 1 HR beach massage. They will start out at a higher price but will settle for $20 in the end.

If you decide to do the massage, do NOT let anyone else "negotiate" for you. They will charge a higher price and just pocket the difference. Negotiate your OWN massage directly with the masseuse.

The only problem with the beach at Majahual is that you must put up with the vendors that walk around selling trinkets. They are not pushy or aggressive, but there are a LOT of them.

Actually as someone above me posted, I saw many recommendations for the Krazy Lobster on various travel sites, so we were planning on going there for lunch and a little beach time, shop a little, then head back to the boat.

We'll be doing all day beach activities in our Roatan and Cozumel stops, so we thought something more chill in the middle might be good.

Plus if we are bored, we can just go back to the boat and actually be able to swim in the pool in peace...our sailing is apparently sold out!

We haven't really had an problem finding things to do with our kifs, but I rarely use ship excursions. We are doing a ruin trip with native choice on our stop at Costa Maya. We are looking forward to seeing the old and the new on this trip. Mine are 7 and 9.

We haven't really had an problem finding things to do with our kifs, but I rarely use ship excursions. We are doing a ruin trip with native choice on our stop at Costa Maya. We are looking forward to seeing the old and the new on this trip. Mine are 7 and 9.

We also have reservations with NC to see the ruins on our December stop in Costa Maya.

i want a snorkel:) trip out to the reef.. where should we go

If you are going to Roatan, I recommend you snorkel there instead. They have the 2nd longest reef in the world. We were there yesterday and the water was crystal clear.

Look into Clearwater Adventures. They are awesome!