Where can we have a crab feast?

andrek

Hello, we are on a cruise from Seattle to Alaska roundtrip, next year. This year on our Alaska cruise from Vancouver, we stopped in Ketchikan for most of the day and were able to go to a lodge and have the unlimited crab fest! It was amazing. Next year our cruise is only in Ketchikan until 1pm, so we will not be able to get to the crab fest for lunch.

Does anyone know if they have one in Sitka or Juneau? We will be there for most of the day.

Thanks,

Andrea

Hello, we are on a cruise from Seattle to Alaska roundtrip, next year. This year on our Alaska cruise from Vancouver, we stopped in Ketchikan for most of the day and were able to go to a lodge and have the unlimited crab fest! It was amazing. Next year our cruise is only in Ketchikan until 1pm, so we will not be able to get to the crab fest for lunch.

Does anyone know if they have one in Sitka or Juneau? We will be there for most of the day.

Thanks,

Andrea

There is a HAL Seafood Feast in Ketchikan that goes to a King Salmon fishing lodge north of Ketchikan past the US Navy Sonar Test Range I enjoyed May 2016 that may be available to you next year.

Seafood boil included crab, mussels, shrimp, corn, potatoes, and giant chocolate chip cookies for dessert. It is served on a newspaper-covered table and was delicious. The boat ride to the lodge included a stop to see eagles.

I should have photos of this excursion on my website in the next week. On the first week of our B2B of this cruise, I did the Crab Feast but the weather cancelled the plane. To make amends, we were allowed an extra 30 minutes of "feasting" and given a side tour to see the totem poles.

Tracy's King Crab Shack in Juneau... The crab chowder...oh my! Last time I was there it was in the downtown area...within walking distance of the ship. Current address: 406 S. Franklin Street Juneau, Alaska. Google for the website...menu is listed. It's a walk up kind of place with outdoor seating.

We were on Carnival Legend last month. Got back from Mendenhall Glacier too late to go to Tracy's Crab Shack.

The next day we were in Ketchikan. Rode a funicular up the hill and walked around Creek Street and Married Man's Trail. There was an all-you-can-eat King Crab Feast right close to the pier. Wife had the buffet ($55) which also included Dungeness Crab. I had fish and chips ($16). Both meals were excellent. Wife ate several plates of King crab.

Can't remember the name of the place but it had a huge sign advertising the $55 buffet can't miss seeing it. Not hard to get your money's worth with a bit of an appetite.

Just checked, it was called Fish Pirates, just a short walk back to the shop.

Edited by mondello

I had fish and chips ($16). Both meals were excellent. Wife ate several plates of King crab.

Just checked, it was called Fish Pirates, just a short walk back to the shop.

What kind of fish?

The problem in Ketchikan is that the cruise leaves at 1pm so if we have the buffet or seafood fest we will miss the boat. In Juneau I did see Tracy's crab shack this year when we were there. It was as you described and walking distance to the boat. The prices were pretty high but it looked good. We will definitely have a bite there. Does Sitka have crab feast or seafood feasts?

Thanks,

Andrea

What kind of fish?

Pretty sure it was halibut. I was given a sample taste of halibut at Pike Place Market while DW was eating salmon. Was very satisfied with fish at Fish Pirates..

I would of had the $55 King crab buffet but I wasn't hungry enough to justify the expense. DW hadn't eaten much, if anything for breakfast so she was pretty hungry even though it was around 11:00am.

Pretty sure it was halibut. I was given a sample taste of halibut at Pike Place Market while DW was eating salmon. Was very satisfied with fish at Fish Pirates..

I would of had the $55 King crab buffet but I wasn't hungry enough to justify the expense. DW hadn't eaten much, if anything for breakfast so she was pretty hungry even though it was around 11:00am.

With most places - IF halibut is with a "fish and chips" platter- it is specifically mentioned. If it's not, it most likely is something else. Very common that I have seen. I may see if I can contact them directly. But recently my halibut choice has been Alava's, a dive, next to the tunnel. :)

With most places - IF halibut is with a "fish and chips" platter- it is specifically mentioned. If it's not, it most likely is something else. Very common that I have seen. I may see if I can contact them directly. But recently my halibut choice has been Alava's, a dive, next to the tunnel. :)

I'm 99% sure they were listed as Halibut on the menu, my memory is usually spot on. Fish Pirates even had free entertainment, Alaska Pete, or whatever his name was. He was pretty good. All in all, I'd recommend Fish Pirates as a good place to enjoy some seafood and a drink. Service is often panned in reviews, mostly for being inattentive.

Tracy's King Crab Shack in Juneau... The crab chowder...oh my! Last time I was there it was in the downtown area...within walking distance of the ship. Current address: 406 S. Franklin Street Juneau, Alaska. Google for the website...menu is listed. It's a walk up kind of place with outdoor seating.

I agree, best ever, going back in September!!

There is a HAL Seafood Feast in Ketchikan that goes to a King Salmon fishing lodge north of Ketchikan past the US Navy Sonar Test Range I enjoyed May 2016 that may be available to you next year.

Seafood boil included crab, mussels, shrimp, corn, potatoes, and giant chocolate chip cookies for dessert. It is served on a newspaper-covered table and was delicious. The boat ride to the lodge included a stop to see eagles.

I should have photos of this excursion on my website in the next week. On the first week of our B2B of this cruise, I did the Crab Feast but the weather cancelled the plane. To make amends, we were allowed an extra 30 minutes of "feasting" and given a side tour to see the totem poles.

Your photos are fantastic. I hope we see the same amount of wildlife. Thanks

I'm suprised nobody has posted about the crab feasts at your local Red Lobster!!! They claim their fish is coming from Alaska. Sure would save you a ton of money!!!LOL:eek::eek::eek:

Just got an email for this LOL

Seriously, if you had the crab feast at George Inlet Lodge, you would not mention Red Lobster. I ate 4 just out of the water delicious crabs! The food was amazing. The only disappointment is that our cruise next year will not stay long enough in Ketchikan to have the feast again. Don't miss it! It was one of the highlights of our cruise, if you like to eat.

Just off the 8/7/16 sailing of the Pearl to Alaska, and in Ketchikan there is an all you can eat crab buffet for $55-. We didn't partake, but looked good with hot steam table filled with different crab. It was very close to pier to the right (sorry can't remember name....something pub-I think, and it was upstairs)

Safe sailing