Aug 16th HAL Alaska R2L Travel Mates

ron1946

We are arriving in Seattle on August 16th as the starting point of our 16 day, Holland America R2L Alaska Cruise/Tour. The roll call for this as well as the Volendam cruise which we will join in Skagway is DEAD! Was hoping to meet some Travel Mates prior to our tour, share some info and get to know each other before we arrive in Seattle on the 16th.

As mentioned on your other post, your Roll Call is the place...not here. If your Roll Call is slow...it is what it is.

I did not realize we are restricted as to what we can post on this board. My intent was to just maybe reach someone that was not interested in roll calls. Based on total number of passengers onboard a cruise ship, it appears that the majority of folks onboard a cruise ship vs. those participating in a roll call are not interested or are not familiar with roll calls anyway.

Information pertaining to HAL Alaska cruise tours is very limited on both the HAL board and the Alaska board, and (from what I have received) even from HAL itself. Sharing of information is the purpose of these boards, and that was my overall intent. So, as you say, "it is what it is!"

Information pertaining to HAL Alaska cruise tours is very limited on both the HAL board and the Alaska board, and (from what I have received) even from HAL itself. Sharing of information is the purpose of these boards, and that was my overall intent. So, as you say, "it is what it is!"

What information are you looking for? Another place to get information is reading recent trip reports, a whole section available on CC.

What information are you looking for? Another place to get information is reading recent trip reports, a whole section available on CC.

HI Budget Queen. You have been a tremendous help to many cruisers in the past including myself. I really appreciate your willingness to help and share your wealth of information.

With just 10 days left prior to departure most of my questions have been answered either directly or indirectly as I read all the posts/reviews. In my previous post, I was just looking for someone that we could share info with and look forward to our cruise tour together.

Thanks so much for your offer once again. Unless you have some "sage" advice to this old man, I'll just continue to get ready for our cruise tour based on the info you and others have already shared.

Edited by ron1946