beware of last minute itinerary changes-Norwegian Cruise Line

jbaldwin393

So????:confused::confused:

Well, old threads aren't supposed to be bumped up when no new information is provided. Poster who bumped it up is a new poster, and every one of their posts but one, directs readers to their blog, which contains advertising for cruise TAs. Often, bloggers make money for every hit their site gets, which really is just advertising. Report or not as you please.

Edited by 6rugrats

Well, old threads aren't supposed to be bumped up when no new information is provided. Poster who bumped it up is a new poster, and every one of their posts but one, directs readers to their blog, which contains advertising for cruise TAs. Often, bloggers make money for every hit their site gets, which really is just advertising. Report or not as you please.

I was just trying to help... I'd already written a blog post about this weeks ago, so not going to write it all again.

Not sure what you mean by old posts aren't meant to be bumped up? They're forums, I thought they were for chatting! Plus I only found this because there was a comment less than a month before mine...

Edited by Eleteace

Beware of what may happen after you are booked and paid:

Yesterday, 3 days prior to our scheduled departure on an Alaskan cruise, we were informed that one of the three port stops in Alaska would be eliminated. In addition, the ship is returning to the home port of Seattle a day early, and the passengers will spend the last 24 hours of the "Alaskan cruise" docked in the Seattle harbor. This is to accommodate maintenance needs of the Norwegian Jewel. Expressions of concern to Norwegian that eliminating an Alaskan port on an Alaskan cruise, and replacing it with 24 hours in the Seattle harbor was unacceptable and not a remotely equivalent exchange were met with callous indifference, "we have the right to do this", and no effort in remediation. Additionally, this raises the concern that the several hundred passengers embarking on a ship in such dire need of maintenance that it must return to port a day early may not be in a safe situation.

As with many travelers, this is a long-anticipated adventure which is not likely to be repeated, and missing out on a significant portion of the opportunity to explore Alaska is truly disappointing. The lack of a considerate or compassionate response from Norwegian has been even more disheartening. Carefully consider a cruise line's record before booking.

There is nothing wrong with NCL and what they decided to do. Maybe cruising isn't for you . NCL is the best !!

I was just trying to help... I'd already written a blog post about this weeks ago, so not going to write it all again.

Not sure what you mean by old posts aren't meant to be bumped up? They're forums, I thought they were for chatting! Plus I only found this because there was a comment less than a month before mine...

Your blog is very interesting.

Thank you for posting. It's a good read.

Another post nanny!:rolleyes: