Allure - Junior Suites Worth it?

How do you book with this discount? I just checked right now and still $5k for 4 of us in an OV Balcony. June 25th, Allure. Kids are 4 and 2 at time of sailing. Any help is appreciated.

Ok, so it's only for select sailings. However, I was considering a Carnival cruise in Oct, but I can do Allure for cheaper around the same dates.... seems a no brainer :) I may end up booking this deal, $1900 all-in for a 7 day Allure cruise for the 4 of us... fantastic.

Is that a balcony?

We love JS's as well. I was originally booked in a Central Park balcony solo for Sep 24 but hubby chose to join me yesterday so I upgraded to a W guarantee and it cost us about $2900 for the two of us total. Since we didn't have to pay airfare for hubby (miles) it was worth it to us for the double points, hump balcony, tub, larger space and coastal kitchen!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How do you book with this discount? I just checked right now and still $5k for 4 of us in an OV Balcony. June 25th, Allure. Kids are 4 and 2 at time of sailing. Any help is appreciated.

Ok, so it's only for select sailings. However, I was considering a Carnival cruise in Oct, but I can do Allure for cheaper around the same dates.... seems a no brainer :) I may end up booking this deal, $1900 all-in for a 7 day Allure cruise for the 4 of us... fantastic.

So that was for the OV, I assume? That's a great price!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm willing to pay a premium for a JS, but probably not $1500 more for a 7-night cruise. We were in a JS on Brilliance with our 13-year old DD for 12 nights, and the extra space, larger bathroom, and walk-in closet were all very nice to have. The extra space in the room is not insignificant. The walk-in closet was big enough that we were able to use it as a dressing room when needed. It was also nice for all 3 of us to be able to comfortably sit on the balcony at the same time.

We'll be in a JS on the hump on Allure in April. The JS cost about $900 more than a D1 when we booked, and I'm okay with that price difference -- especially since we'll have the added perk of being able to eat dinner at Coastal Kitchen. Speaking of which... Will I be able to make reservations for CK in the Cruise Planner? I can already book the specialty restaurants, but I don't see CK listed. Will it be added later, or do JS guests have to wait until they board to make reservations?

When is the best time to book and get better deals on JS upgrades? You guys talk about $400 differences, etc.

I'm looking at Allure for June 25th, 2017. It's a $2700 difference between OV Balcony and JS. Even the Balcony room for 4 of us is $5092 - which is fairly ridiculous. They charge nearly full price for guest 3 and 4.

Any tips on getting better pricing for this?

I booked all the Oasis trips in my signature in March. I think three or four of them came down at one time or another, but the current price is around $350 higher.

FWIW, all our JS's are around 3 Grand. Some a little more, most a little less.

I wouldn't pay that much for Freedom, but given the big balcony, CK, and the Oasis experience, I'm happy with the add'l expense.

The JS cost about $900 more than a D1 when we booked, and I'm okay with that price difference -- especially since we'll have the added perk of being able to eat dinner at Coastal Kitchen. Speaking of which... Will I be able to make reservations for CK in the Cruise Planner? I can already book the specialty restaurants, but I don't see CK listed. Will it be added later, or do JS guests have to wait until they board to make reservations?

Inconsistent reports as to whether you can book CK in advance through Cruise Planner when you're in a JS. Keep checking......it might pop in. If not, book on day 1. CK is a wonderful venue.

Inconsistent reports as to whether you can book CK in advance through Cruise Planner when you're in a JS. Keep checking......it might pop in. If not, book on day 1. CK is a wonderful venue.

Thanks for your reply. I'll keep checking!

As a single, the Junior Suite is the minimum stateroom for me. I sailed balcony a couple of times. Never again.

Size, tub, closet, furniture, location are all nice to have. Its all about relaxation and being comfortable. I don't go on vacation to suffer in any way, shape, or form.

Price? Well, I can honestly say that I've paid less for my JS than my relatives paid for their balcony staterooms several times. Keep an eye on the prices. For JS they can swing by several thousands of dollars.

I have a real good idea of the minimum they will charge for a JS. When the price gets near that value, I buy. My relatives must do the opposite. They must wait until the price is high and then buy???

We find the D class cabins on the Oasis ships uncomfortably small, especially if the bed is by the closet. My daughter and I cruised together on Allure in a D and seemed to be constantly running into each other. We found storage limited and the space at the end of the bed is slight. We enjoyed the cruise but were not super happy with our room.

Then just give up on the JS. :D D cabins are just fine. :)

VERY GOOD to know for us because we're sailing in 4 weeks on Allure & this is the first time for us in a D7 Oceanview Balcony and not a JS. Just didn't have the money this time & we were happy to know that we'll be cruising this year & not an inside!

So if I did the Oasis from Orlando in March I can do a JS for $3,350 for the 3 of us as opposed to $2,450 for a D Balcony on the Allure in April

Hmmm, decisions, decisions.

How much is that same "D" balcony category on Oasis in March?

Even though we found the D cabin so small, I am not sure I would have paid an extra $900 to get the larger cabin. The extra perks are not worth much unless you are close to your next C&A level and the double points would make a difference it is such a personal choice though. I hope you are thrilled whichever way you go.

It is higher than the April Allure sailing. Approx. $2,850 for myself, wife and son

So $500 for 3 people to upgrade to a JS on a 7-day cruise?

I'd do it, mostly because I dislike the "D" stateroom layout on Oasis and Allure so much that the extra cost is worth it.

Note that for $500, you STILL won't get nightstands with drawers! (Pet peeve, rant over).

So $500 for 3 people to upgrade to a JS on a 7-day cruise?

I'd do it, mostly because I dislike the "D" stateroom layout on Oasis and Allure so much that the extra cost is worth it.

Note that for $500, you STILL won't get nightstands with drawers! (Pet peeve, rant over).

I am considering it because having a bathtub and larger bathroom with my little one will make it a lot easier to give him a bath. Also we might still want to have a pack n play or something in the room because he still will only be 2. It would be probably be very cramped in a regular D3 with a pack n play in the room. Do you get the concierge in the JS? I loved having that when I was in the NCL Haven because they really helped with stuff like dinner reservations

I am considering it because having a bathtub and larger bathroom with my little one will make it a lot easier to give him a bath. Also we might still want to have a pack n play or something in the room because he still will only be 2. It would be probably be very cramped in a regular D3 with a pack n play in the room. Do you get the concierge in the JS? I loved having that when I was in the NCL Haven because they really helped with stuff like dinner reservations

No concierge with a JS, but you do get dinner access to Coastal Kitchen.

We usually cruise in JS for the space and storage. If you can get one on the 8th floor it is even better due to the convenient access to the beautiful Central Park area and restaurants there. It was particularly convenient first thing in the morning to run out for a cup of coffee.