Jasmine restaurant on the Jade

RMS Olympic

Is the Jasmine Asian restaurant which I believe is a tariff venue just sushi or does it offer non sushi items on the menu? Once I get within the 90 day window and can make reservations I want to know if this restaurant should be booked. I did Teppanaki on the Getaway and wasn't pleased even though I love Asian cuisine. So any details on the Jasmine would be greatly appreciated. Now whether Cagneys and Le Bistro on the Jade is as good as on the Getaway and Escape remains to be seen or should I say tasted😉

Thanks

Tom

Jasmine is an Asian restaurant and the general dining area is complimentary. There is a sushi counter that is a la carte and Teppenyaki is just a small connected room also. We never ate there, but I heard it was good.

Oh yeah, not a restaurant you can reserve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by txagfan

Jasmine is an Asian restaurant and the general dining area is complimentary. There is a sushi counter that is a la carte ...

To OP: as stated above, Jasmine is complimentary. We ate there twice last April and are looking forward to eating there again in October.

The menu items are non-sushi. You can order sushi but there will be a charge for it since it will be brought from the sushi bar connected to Jasmine.

Edited by NMLady

We loved this restaurant in January and were sad we waited until last night to try it as we would have ate there again.

No reservations, even if you are in a suite or Haven. We waited only 15 minutes or less. It is complimentary. Sushi bar is a la carte but you can order sushi at a table, there is a fee but it is reasonable if you are a sushi lover.

• 5 months later...

We were on the Pearl (Jade's sister ship) in January and did not enjoy the Asian food restaurant. The sushi and pot stickers were good. However, the main entrees we ordered were not to our liking. They were tasteless. We went the second night and never returned. I am curious if it is similar.

Edited by tache

We were on the Pearl (Jade's sister ship) in January and did not enjoy the Asian food restaurant. The sushi and pot stickers were good. However, the main entrees we ordered were not to our liking. They were tasteless. We went the second night and never returned. I am curious if it is similar.

Since our Jasmine meals on the Jade were delicious when we ate there twice in April, when we were on the Jade in October we ate there again. The main entrees were still delicious. We ate there three nights. Maybe the chef on the Pearl isn't as good as the one on the Jade??

So any details on the Jasmine would be greatly appreciated. Now whether Cagneys and Le Bistro on the Jade is as good as on the Getaway and Escape remains to be seen or should I say tasted😉

Thanks

Tom

Been on Getaway and Jade and I would say the food is very similar in both Cagney's and Le Bistro. Liked Jade better because it is more personal because it is smaller and the service seems to be better.

We ate at jasmine on the jade last week and it was delicious. We had egg drop soup, potstickers, harvest spring rolls, kung pao chicken, a pork soup, and red bean pastries. Everything was great except I hated the egg drop soup, but everyone else loved it. All 100% free. There is a sushi menu, all with a charge, and I think 2 or 3 'premium' entrees for a fee. Unfortunately they don't take reservations. And go early. One day we had 7:00 reservations at teppanyaki. Jasmine and teppanyaki share a hostess stand and overheard her tell someone that it was a 45 minute wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Jasmine is an Asian restaurant and the general dining area is complimentary. There is a sushi counter that is a la carte and Teppenyaki is just a small connected room also. We never ate there, but I heard it was good.

Oh yeah, not a restaurant you can reserve.

We liked the teppanyaki, good fun albeit an extra charge. But we didnt like the ordinary non-fee Jasmine, it was not like any Chinese food we've ever had anywhere! Starters were just about passable, but our mains were horrid. Tasteless & gloopy. Portions small...luckily! "Panda salad "dessert was like canteen /school food, tinned fruit & ice cream. Guess the chefs onboard are not Chinese!!! But Le Bistro was good, even if chefs not French, however the only pay restaurant we thought was worth the up charge. Actually both MDRs were fine, no need to pay more anywhere( unless you want teppanyaki of course!)

Edited by firstcarib
Typo

When we were on the Jade in October we were able to make reservations at the Jasmine hostess desk after our meal for the next night. So I'm not sure why people think you can't make reservations. Maybe the reservation desk at Guest Services doesn't make them??

On our last transatlantic we dined in Jasmines more times than in any other restaurant. We had a 6 night speciality dining - and out of the other 8 nights - must have dined in Jasmines at least 6 times as I only recall ever dining in the MDR once or twice at most.

In fact, the Italian was such a disaster we left and went to Jasmines that night too...:p

Staff got to know us really well and would fire up the food for me which for me personally, is not spicy enough. For my husband it was fine.

We were probably just lazy, we dine late, and after a few Martinis, it was just too easy to go up a set of stairs and there was our lovely hostess from St Lucia, she would call us over - and before we knew it, we were sat once again at "our table".

The brownie dessert with the green tea ice cream is to die for.

The sushi - yes you can order from your table at an upcharge. I hate seaweed - but again, chef would prepare special sushi for me - sans the seaweed.

Cagneys was my favourite specialty on the Jade. Le Bistro - service was "up and down" although that mushroom soup :eek: - yum!

We would laugh so hard as we would head out for dinner in the evening, with all good intentions of going to the MDR - and then one of us would say "Fancy a plate of soup" - and there we would be once more - a bowl of egg drop in hand..:o

Also its situated very well for heading afterwards to either the piano bar, or the other lounge which always has live music on - I think that was a bonus attraction for us. Dine and "get back to the party!" . :D

Then 1am - Fish and Chips in Blue Lagoon - (I think will become O'Sheehans) - for the craic and the laughter with the other "midnight owls"!

Just off Jade 2 days ago. Jasmine Gardens is complimentary with some extra $$ as well. One of our best meals here. We wanted to go back but never made it the second time. You can reserve the day before or just go and wait for an available table. We did this at 6:00pm and were told it would be a 45 minute wait. They gave us a "beeper", we went for a drink and 20 minutes later, the "beeper" went off. We were given a wonderful table by a window and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Without costing us an additional penny.

I certainly Hope they keep this restaurant after dry dock. I loved the Asian restuarant that was also free on the Epic!

We enjoy the Asian restaurant as well and there's no reason to think they won't keep it. I'm excited that O'Sheehans will be on the Jade after drydock. I know some liked Blue Lagoon but O'Shee's is so much better IMO.

The only change I'm disappointed with is the removal of the Star Bar but having Moderno next to Cagney's makes more sense so it's winning combination.

Looking forward to our cruise on Jade in April.

I certainly Hope they keep this restaurant after dry dock. I loved the Asian restuarant that was also free on the Epic!

I've never seen any suggestion that they may remove the Asian restaurant at the dry dock, and they haven't done so on any similar ships that have had the upgrades.

Do you have any reason to suspect that they may remove it,?

We tried to eat at Jasmine without a reservation and couldn't get in. But it was easy to make a reservation for the next day.

Food was OK. Note that portions are small. We are not big eaters, but I wish we had ordered something in addition to 1 appetizer, 1 entree, 1 dessert.

Atmosphere very nice and service fast.