Half Moon Cay or CoCo Cay

BcIcemen

I've been to both and they are both great. I think Half Moon Cay is the nicer Private Island in terms of appearance. However, it was pretty cool to be able to walk way out in the water at Coco Cay and have it not be very deep. In either case, the farther you get away from the crowds, the more awesome the islands are.

My preference would be HMC.

I remember when Coco Cay was called Little Stirrup Cay and they had a caretaker called Diver Dan. Anyone remember those days?

http://www.blue-n-gold.com/halfdan/bahamas.htm

Thanks for sharing that interesting read. That was way before my cruising time. I had never heard of him.:o

Thanks for sharing that interesting read. That was way before my cruising time. I had never heard of him.:o

The island does have a colorful history. I sailed on Admiral Cruise Lines' SS Emerald Seas back in the day. Lol. I've been fortunate to experience the infancy of the major cruise lines in the U.S. Check out this 1991 article about Emerald Seas. It was a great experience to sail on a former warship refitted as a cruise ship. And I experienced a major wind storm on this ship that broke all the glass on the ship. Very interesting indeed.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1991-12-04/business/9102200115_1_admiral-cruises-emerald-seas-royal-caribbean-cruises

http://nickscruisecorner.blogspot.com/2012/02/emerald-seas-another-on-of-my-favorite.html

Has anyone been to both? Which one is nicer? I have been to Half Moon cay and loved it.

I have been to both and personally I think Half Moon Cay is much better. The water looks so much more turquois and it seemed easier to get away from the crowds there as apposed to Coco Cay

no comparison HMC way better

We tend to agree, but...the Coco/Little Stirrup Cay does have some good points!

BTW... it is Coco Cay on RCL, Little Stirrup Cay on CCL. They just switch the signs at the landing, depending on which ship is in port.:) (You can find both signs if you walk the nature trails....:))

We did like the fact that LSC/CC Cay was a bit larger as far as beach front within an easy walking distance from the landing. It was also had a bit more shade... IF you like the shade!

Now as far as which is the best....they both both are!:D We have never been on a private island we didn't enjoy!:) This goes back to our 1st cruise in 1995, when we went to the private island off on Nassau, Blue Lagoon, I think....we were hooked on both cruising and private islands!:)

We tend to agree, but...the Coco/Little Stirrup Cay does have some good points!

BTW... it is Coco Cay on RCL, Little Stirrup Cay on CCL. They just switch the signs at the landing, depending on which ship is in port.:) (You can find both signs if you walk the nature trails....:))

We did like the fact that LSC/CC Cay was a bit larger as far as beach front within an easy walking distance from the landing. It was also had a bit more shade... IF you like the shade!

Now as far as which is the best....they both both are!:D We have never been on a private island we didn't enjoy!:) This goes back to our 1st cruise in 1995, when we went to the private island off on Nassau, Blue Lagoon, I think....we were hooked on both cruising and private islands!:)

Fair enough, all are good. I was just making the comparison from a pure beach perspective.

Sent from my iPhone

Fair enough, all are good. I was just making the comparison from a pure beach perspective.

Sent from my iPhone

Yes, they are all good, even the ones which are not even islands.... (RCL, Haiti comes to mind)! :):)

To us, the best one IS, the island we are on at the time!!:D:D