Amber Cove or Half Moon Cay

BcIcemen

If you're looking for a beach day, then HMC no question. If you're looking for a pool day, Amber Cove would be a good pick. We stopped at Amber Cove this summer and enjoyed our day at the pool and swim up bar.

We're planning a cruise next summer that goes to both places.

Did the conquest in May that went to both! Amber cove was nice but no beach! Also the pool was very hot and crowded! Love half moon cay always a good time! The best beach in my opinion! So I would pick half moon cay over Amber cove! But don't let that stop you from going to form your own opinion on it! We still had a great time!

Any comments if you had to pick one

Conquest and Splendor (in 2017) go to both HMC and Amber Cove on the same cruise. Why not do both!?

Tip: If you book HMC, plan early so you can book a cabana on the beach. If you book Amber Cove, plan early so you can book a pool cabana. Both always sell out early.

Keep in mind that Half Moon Cay is a tender port, so it can be missed occasionally due to high swells or bad weather.

If the only reason you take a cruise is for HMC it can be very disappointing to miss it. :(

Edited by ScottsSweetie

• 3 weeks later...

HMC so far is my dream port, I absolutely love it but I am skipping a cruise that goes to it early next year because it's the only port I really wanted and it's too risky to book only for HMC. Instead I booked one with Amber Cover and will plan to book an excursion or let the kids do the waterslides or something. It looks like there is quite a bit to do close in so not too worried about finding something to do for the few hours we are there.

If there are other ports you want to take on the cruise or you don't mind just chilling on board then definitely take the risk and book HMC, if you can hit it, especially with a cabana as mentioned, it's amazing. When I went you couldn't book cabanas online, maybe that's changed, you had to do them first thing at the guest services deck after boarding.

HMC. No contest. But as others have said, it's a tender port, so it's often skipped because of high winds and/or rough seas. I would pick an itinerary that includes HMC, but also has other quality ports of call. That way, should HMC be a bust, you still have other stops to look forward to and enjoy. In fact, that is exactly what we did on our upcoming cruise.

Was at both ports earlier this month on the Sunshine and loved both. Amber Cove has a nice pool and shopping complex, but there is no beach. HMC has no pool or real shopping complex, but the beach is absolutely amazing. If I had to pick one it'd be HMC, but I really enjoyed Amber Cove as well.