Dinner seating

travelinteach

the largest single table i'm aware of is for 12.

i've seen 2 six top rectangular tables together to make 12 and if you're cool with squeezing in another chair (likely on the crack) that could work, albeit perhaps not ideal. if you have kids maybe it's a squeeze you could manage.

but for the most part no, 14 is not a standard table size.

link your bookings to be seated together in a traditional seating. you'd likely get say an 8 and a 6 top next to each other. i do not recommend anytime for a group that big. tried it once and never again. anytime is NOT set up to accommodate larger groups.

We recently had 13 on a cruise and they sat us at a long bench with tables pushed together and chairs on the opposite side of the long bench. It was a little uncomfortable for the people who had to slide in the middle of the bench, but if you are all family, it works better than a large round table.

We have had large round tables before for a group 11 and you couldn't talk well across the table.

I am sure if you link all your rooms together, they will make it work for you.

We were 13 at a round 14 top on the Paradise. It was horrible. Table was too big to talk to anyone but immediate neighbors.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

With a group that large, you won`t really be "together' no matter what the tableconfiguration, as you will be to far away from most people converse with them. Your best best is to link all bookings and have fixed dining (they will probably assign 2 adjacent tables) then vary who sits where so you get a chance to be with everyone over the course of the cruise.

We have a group of 14 going. How can we get to sit together at dinner or can't we??

First make sure you all have the same dinner seating, i.e., early or late. As someone else noted anytime dining probably wouldn't work well. Make sure your bookings are all linked in Carnival's reservation system, and then you can see the maître d on embarkation day (availability time is stated in Fun Times) to express your preference for how you are seated.

the largest single table i'm aware of is for 12.

i've seen 2 six top rectangular tables together to make 12 and if you're cool with squeezing in another chair (likely on the crack) that could work, albeit perhaps not ideal. if you have kids maybe it's a squeeze you could manage.

but for the most part no, 14 is not a standard table size.

link your bookings to be seated together in a traditional seating. you'd likely get say an 8 and a 6 top next to each other. i do not recommend anytime for a group that big. tried it once and never again. anytime is NOT set up to accommodate larger groups.

We had a table for 16 on the Vista in July. I think the large round one when first entering the dining room seat that many as well (not positive). I do agree it is not standard size tho.......

Sent from my iPhone

We have a large group (16) traveling and we all chose anytime dining. Has anyone every done anytime with a group this size?

You will most likely wait a long time to get a set of tables that will seat 16. If you are willing to break it up, you might get in faster. YTD (Your Time Dining) is just like going out to a restaurant at home. A large group will wait longer for seating. You might want to change to assigned dinning if you all want to sit "together" somewhat.

Edited by HawkIVette

We have a large group (16) traveling and we all chose anytime dining. Has anyone every done anytime with a group this size?

Good luck with that... we had 6 doing anytime, and on elegant night we had to wait 40min for a table. Your best bet is to pair up in fours and go in to dinner.

We had a table for 16 on the Vista in July. I think the large round one when first entering the dining room seat that many as well (not positive). I do agree it is not standard size tho.......

Sent from my iPhone

That is the largest table they have but good luck talking to people accross the table.

when we have gone with large groups best to have 2-3 tables and switch tables each night.

Start by making sure everyone wants to eat together every night, make sure everyone agrees on a time if doing fixed. Does everyone want one big table or a couple smaller tables so they can actually talk and just switch people around each evening. Do some want to eat early and some late? Does everyone want fixed or anytime?

If doing anytime it is whole different challenge. We always do something like --we will be at outside the dining room at 6:00 - anyone that is here great, if you choose to do something else great. Once we know how many we decide how big a table. Maybe a couple tables so talking is easier. Maybe one night we plan "all together".

Make sure your party is all in agreement about dinner before having Carnival reserve a table that may or may not be used.

Too often there are threads from an "organizer" who has linked, decided, organized a cruise the way they want to do it and it isn't pretty when others say -- wait a minute it is my cruise too and I'm not sure that is how I want to do it.

That is the largest table they have but good luck talking to people accross the table.

when we have gone with large groups best to have 2-3 tables and switch tables each night.

Agree on both counts....I left to hit the head midway through dinner and noticed them trying to talk across the table. Got back and said to the wife that certainly does not look like fun (to talk during dinner)...

A few years ago, we met and hung out with a bunch of other guys, maybe twelve. The wait in the dining room was horrendous.

We wound up taking our dinners up to the pool deck and enjoyed them together at a large table we made. After dinner, we'd laugh and play games and they taught me the beer drinking games I never learned in college.