Best Anthem dishes in standard restaurants

Best was Grande lobster tail, French Onion soup and escargot. Had it 3 times on a 12 day cruise.:)

The Silk good duck and hibachi steak. Down side when I ordered Lamb Chops the main course was JUST lamb chops. I mentioned it to the waiter who brought out some fried rice and bock choy.

As an aside the Windjammer one night had good steamed mussels.

We generally found the menus on Anthem to be lacking and limited and our dining experiences very disappointing and repetitive with the same menus and their few choices over and over again. There is more choice for meat lovers but for those who don't want a meat based meal, appetizer and main course selections were seriously lacking.

We special ordered the gnocchi in the Grande to be served in a brown butter sauce instead of a beef ragu and it was very good.

The Molten Chocolate Lava Cake with vanilla ice cream in the Grande was fabulous and almost made up for poor menu selections and all the bad meals.

The 270 was awesome for breakfast and lunch (Oreo cheesecake MMMMMMM) and some of our best dinners were in the Windjammer. Try the crepe station in the very back, then take your crepes outside and eat in the outdoor dining area.

on our 9 day in July neither my husband nor I ever had a bad meal. His favorite was the Windjammer. He loved all the food options. The warm choc covered donuts were awesome.

I liked the French Onion soup and dh liked the shrimp. The crab cakes we had one night were good too. The steak was usually pretty good all over and I liked the Pork chops in the American Icon (or Chic- I can't remember).

The Silk good duck and hibachi steak. Down side when I ordered Lamb Chops the main course was JUST lamb chops. I mentioned it to the waiter who brought out some fried rice and bock choy.

Was that recently? From what I have read recently, Silk no longer has lamb chops on the menu. Personally, I think it was the best dish on any of the free menus. I had the duck in Silk and Grande and found it overcooked (and basically the same, except at Silk they poured some hoisin sauce over it). My wife also enjoyed the hibachi steak at Silk.

And who cares if an entree doesn't come with any sides (although it sounds like a kitchen mistake), it's easy enough to get extra stuff brought out.

We had several good meals on the Anthem, and were pleasantly surprised with our dinner in the Solarium Café. The appetizer and dessert buffets were very generous with offerings not found elsewhere on board. The entrée selection was very good and served at the table. The atmosphere was casual and relaxed, and the service was excellent.

Was that recently? From what I have read recently, Silk no longer has lamb chops on the menu. Personally, I think it was the best dish on any of the free menus. I had the duck in Silk and Grande and found it overcooked (and basically the same, except at Silk they poured some hoisin sauce over it). My wife also enjoyed the hibachi steak at Silk.

And who cares if an entree doesn't come with any sides (although it sounds like a kitchen mistake), it's easy enough to get extra stuff brought out.

It was end of March.

on our 9 day in July neither my husband nor I ever had a bad meal. His favorite was the Windjammer. He loved all the food options. The warm choc covered donuts were awesome.

I liked the French Onion soup and dh liked the shrimp. The crab cakes we had one night were good too. The steak was usually pretty good all over and I liked the Pork chops in the American Icon (or Chic- I can't remember).

I am so glad to hear they brought back the donuts. The last few cruises we have been on donuts were not offered. We asked each time and were told that they were taken off the rotation. My husband will be so happy to have them back. A donut, cup of coffee and a seat on the balcony is how he likes to start his day.

M

I am so glad to hear they brought back the donuts. The last few cruises we have been on donuts were not offered. We asked each time and were told that they were taken off the rotation. My husband will be so happy to have them back. A donut, cup of coffee and a seat on the balcony is how he likes to start his day.

M

Unfortunately breakfast donuts are still a no go 😢 for some reason I really enjoyed those.

They are referring to a dinner dessert in the windjammer. They are good if you catch them right which was not often. Other times overcooked or chewy.

At Solarium Bistro for dinner, I was obsessed with this panna cotta? that I had multiple servings of. And, I just loved the banana pancakes in the windjammer. Finally, for my daughter who is vegan, the Grande made her this wonderful eggplant (I think) dish - she liked it so much that had multiple times.

43063A8B-1739-4D5E-92F8-3DEECC54E1F8_zpsq4tsyatk.jpg

39951B18-4173-4F5C-85A5-36193DAE550B_zpsmkgsi1xz.jpg

A5DF9A8C-0F3B-4244-8E9B-1EBF845EC163_zps5r9tsdfj.jpg

Do any of the free restaurants have wings as an appetizer? I recall that they were on menus I saw from last year but they were not on the January menus. Also, which menus have rack of lamb/lamb chops? The 5 Spice Lamb Chops from the Silk A menu were excellent but I seem to recall hearing that they're on a different restaurant's menu now with a different preparation.

Do any of the free restaurants have wings as an appetizer? I recall that they were on menus I saw from last year but they were not on the January menus. Also, which menus have rack of lamb/lamb chops? The 5 Spice Lamb Chops from the Silk A menu were excellent but I seem to recall hearing that they're on a different restaurant's menu now with a different preparation.

American icon has wings on their second menu of the cruise. You get 4 and they are tiny like pigeon wings. I have never seen wings so small.

0f2ec3b10fb38c7fd1d10dc690a1fb32.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

American icon has wings on their second menu of the cruise. You get 4 and they are tiny like pigeon wings. I have never seen wings so small.

Whoa! Do you have all of the menus captured on your phone?? I had posted a complete set back in January but haven't seen any since then. If you have the full set and email them to me I would be happy to post them (selfishly, I'd also like to see them for my cruise next week).

You can email me at misterbill99 at gmail dot com.

Thanks for the info on the wings. Disappointing but probably not surprising.

Whoa! Do you have all of the menus captured on your phone?? I had posted a complete set back in January but haven't seen any since then. If you have the full set and email them to me I would be happy to post them (selfishly, I'd also like to see them for my cruise next week).

I was about to offer to take screenshots next week, then I realized we are on the same cruise :D

Just emailed ones that were available on Royal IQ app right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you go on the website http://eatsleepcruise.com/2016/05/anthem-of-the-seas-menus/ there are pictures of all of the anthem menus.

Thanks! And they even have the La Patisserie menus which I'd been wondering about since we have the Royal Replenishment package booked!

Actually, upon closer inspection they don't have all of the menus. For most of the restaurants they only have one.

The way to do this (and I can see this as I did it in January) is to take a screen shot of each of the restaurants from your smartphone. And you need to do it each time the menus rotate. It's a lot of work but it's much better than taking pictures of menus when you eat at the restaurant.

Edited by MisterBill99