dining times

medi130

Hello we have a group of 10 people going. Currently we have the 830 fixed time. This seems very late to me. How is anytime dining? Would that work with 10 people? I think I would prefer 600Pm. Thanks for any help

Hello we have a group of 10 people going. Currently we have the 830 fixed time. This seems very late to me. How is anytime dining? Would that work with 10 people? I think I would prefer 600Pm. Thanks for any help

YTD, IMO, is great. If you have a group like that, they will seat however many of you show up, so if only 6 want to have dinner, you will get a table for six.

There are some times that a busier than others and you may have to wait for a table large enough, depending on when you choose to dine.

We usually eat at 6:30 at home but always choose late seating on cruises. Seems like 8:30 rolls around pretty quickly on a cruise, allowing plenty of time after a busy port day to unwind and get dressed.

A large group is HARD to seat...MTD is like a regular restaurant...large parties take TIME to configure tables! You are best in traditional seating, where everyone knows when dinner is, and your table is waiting!

If you all want to sit together you will have problem. Limited number of tables that seat and if they are all occupied when you get to the DR long wait for a table.

With 10 would suggest traditional dining.

We normally eat dinner around 6pm at home but prefer the late dining time on a cruise. It's nice not having to leave the pool area early to get ready for dinner. Also when getting back on board from the ports we like to grab a Guy's burger and take a short nap before dinner so that we can stay up late and party!

We cruised on the Breeze with a group of 10, and Sunshine with a group of 12, both times we had ATD. Overall for both cruises, wait times were more than tolerable, we always sat together and on a few sittings, had the same table and wait staff. Also have done ATD another Sunshine cruise with 6 and a Pride cruise with 5...same result. YMMV, but ATD works well for us. Oh, we usually, not always, but usually headed to the DR around 7pm with the larger groups.

Edited by bar1068

If you let them know a little ahead about a large party and what time you would like, they will accommodate. We had parties of 16 one night and 18 another and they put tables together and seated us promptly. Service was great as well. This was on Freedom last April. :)

We have cruised a couple of times with a party of 9 and always use ATD. You may have to wait 10-15 some night, but never had a problem and love having the option not to have to eat at a specific time every night;)

I see this is post 1, so don't know if you have cruised before. Are you aware you can't simply change the time, especially for a large group.