Falmouth day pass

Arod1313

Just wanted to see where people have purchased day passes in Falmouth. I've been on the resort for a day website and have seen the options. Hilton looks nice. Has anyone else booked anything not on their site like sandals etc? Thanks

We used the Resort for a Day to the Rose Hall Hilton on our Freedom cruise in October 2014. Several people on my roll call assured me that it was nice and the transportation was reliable. The resort was nice. Small beach but I am sure that changes with storms going through. Good food and drink. Nice lazy river.

My only concern was that our bus transportation was 1/2 late each direction. We were all getting a little nervous on the way back to the ship.

Rose Hall is nice. I wasn't blown away though and at $110 a person I didn't feel it was really worth the money.

I would say exactly the same. If the beach had been fantastic I may have felt differently but it's small and not that nice. You're basically paying for a hotel with pool and a small lazy river. It was fine but I wouldn't do it again

Just wanted to see where people have purchased day passes in Falmouth. I've been on the resort for a day website and have seen the options. Hilton looks nice. Has anyone else booked anything not on their site like sandals etc? Thanks

Save yourself TONS of money and get on the shuttle bus INSIDE the gates to Dr. Caves.

We been to Dr. Caves beach a few times. The first time was from Falmouth but we had a private driver that took us on a quick private tour then to the beach. The other times we had a stop in Montego Bay and took a short (and just a few $$) shuttle.

So, How long is the shuttle ride and what is the cost from the Falmouth port to Dr. Caves beach. Does the shuttle take you directly to the beach?

Thanks.

M

I just back Sunday from MoBay Sandals if you have any particular questions. The beach is nice; not extremely long but nice. The drinks are good and we never had to wait. We also did not have any trouble getting chairs but you may have trouble finding an available umbrella. They have good water sports such as snorkeling, kayaks, skiing, and tubing. I am not certain if you are allowed to use all the facilities with a day pass but if you can and you are interested in snorkeling the trips were 9:30, 10:30, and 1. For lunch they have a buffet and beach location where you can get pizza and sandwiches, etc.

We been to Dr. Caves beach a few times. The first time was from Falmouth but we had a private driver that took us on a quick private tour then to the beach. The other times we had a stop in Montego Bay and took a short (and just a few $$) shuttle.

So, How long is the shuttle ride and what is the cost from the Falmouth port to Dr. Caves beach. Does the shuttle take you directly to the beach?

Thanks.

M

I'm interested in this too. Anyone know the answer :confused:

• 1 month later...
We used the Resort for a Day to the Rose Hall Hilton on our Freedom cruise in October 2014. Several people on my roll call assured me that it was nice and the transportation was reliable. The resort was nice. Small beach but I am sure that changes with storms going through. Good food and drink. Nice lazy river.

My only concern was that our bus transportation was 1/2 late each direction. We were all getting a little nervous on the way back to the ship.

THAT was exactly our concern too! We booked with the same company (Resort for a Day) Transportation was late by more than 1/2 hr both ways. We made it back to the ship literally 5 minutes before the all aboard time and I was really nervous.

Just looking at this thread as we will be visiting Falmouth in November and was looking for some new ideas. We did the Rose Hall last visit through Resort for q Day, and really enjoyed ourselves (and the many tropical drinks consumed!) but like others the bus to return was late and stressed us out big time that we would miss the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Just looking at this thread as we will be visiting Falmouth in November and was looking for some new ideas. We did the Rose Hall last visit through Resort for q Day, and really enjoyed ourselves (and the many tropical drinks consumed!) but like others the bus to return was late and stressed us out big time that we would miss the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yeah! AND on top of being late, our guy picked up a couple of his friends waiting for the bus outside the hotel and dropped them off at another hotel which was on the way. We reached literally like 4 to 5 minutes before they were taking up the gang way. All the way he said "Ya maan no worries, ship cannot leave without you"...Oh yea, well it would have!!!!! The crew was standing at the gangway shaking their heads and looking at their watches, the HD was barking at us to hurry and giving us the stink eye! We were 12 people on that transportation van. It did not seem that the others on the van were as worried as we were.....they seemed to be enjoying the limelight and their new found fame as dare devils.

Edited by Arzeena

I used resort for a Day, this past July to the Hilton Rose Hall and didn't have any trouble with the transfers from Falmouth. We had a group of about 20 ages ranging from 3 up to 65. The pass had clear instructions on when and where we should meet the driver at the pier, and they were there waiting with a sign under the Independent tour tent. When we met the driver, he asked us what time the ship was scheduled to leave and we told him 6:00P.M and he made a note, then before getting out at the Hilton, he made the announcement that we were Leaving at 4:00P.m and everyone needed to be checked back in and ready to go. I loved the transfer company drivers and the hotel staff's hospitality. I was ready to move to Jamaica after spending the day there. It was beautiful and exactly as we were all hoping to spend our day in port! We had so much fun playing on the waterslides and trying out the watersports unsuccessfully. lol It was a fun day, that I would recommend both the Hilton Rose Hall, and resort for a day.

• 4 weeks later...
Are there any other companies that offer day passes or do you email the hotels directly to ask? How far are any of the resorts from Falmouth Pier? What resort has the nicest beach? Thanks for any help!

Google "Resort for a day" and "Island Marketing". Most resorts are in Ocho Rios or Montego Bay. You'll probably need transportation to any AI resort (note some of the all inclusive options from Resort for a Day and Island Marketing come with transportation to and from Falmouth).

Also take a look at this TripAdvisor thread: click here

Any help with the question above?

Thanks!

We have used Jaital and loved their service! In April, we went to Jewel Runaway Bay for the day and LOVED it. Good food and drinks. Waterslides, lazy river, swim up bar for the grown ups, a beautiful beach with shade trees, loungers and drink service. We would not hesitate to book this again. In January, we are being a little more adventurous and using Jaital again but for a day trip to the Blue Hole.