For Maasdamers on 14-day Alaskan Cruise

baxley

On sea days when crossing the Gulf of Alaska from Icy Strait to Anchorage...did many people get seasick? My husband wants to know if being in the open ocean was rough...I guess so he can be prepared. Thanks.

Both times we have been to Alaska the first night and day after leaving Seattle was the roughest. We are cruising the 14 day on the 15th. I take Bonine tablets (you can buy them at Walmart or any drug store) and I have never gotten seasick. I am very prone to motion sickness so I start taking them the morning I get on the airplane and take them every day of the cruise.

The seas can change from day to day, and even during the day. Just be prepared with whatever remedy helps. I wear sea bands and swear by them, although I had to take the Sea Calm tablets that the ship staff give out on my last cruise. That worked well, too.

The sea band works for me as well. Though I also bring Meclizine.

Crossing the Gulf of Alaska can be smooth as ice or a roller coaster ride. Sometimes Mother Nature can't make up her mind and does both. If you tend to get car sick, then by all means use the wrist bands or medication. Having something to do that keeps your brain engaged seems to keep the tummy calm.