roll call disappearing and drinks package?

I have twice now started a Roll Call for the Aria sailing on 31st October 2016 and have seen a couple of people join, only for the Roll Call to disappear, do P and O not want these Roll Calls to take place?

I am struggling to find information in one place about the Aria, we are trying to decide if it is good to buy the drinks package, do they serve coffee and water at mealtimes, or do you have to purchase all beverages? It would add up quickly if we had to purchase coffee and tea during the day plus water,

Thanks!

Not aware of any restrictions by P&O; usually they encourage it.

As for the question, coffee and tea is available complimentary at the buffet when it is open. Tap water is also free there and with all meals.

Edited by The_Big_M

I have twice now started a Roll Call for the Aria sailing on 31st October 2016 and have seen a couple of people join, only for the Roll Call to disappear, do P and O not want these Roll Calls to take place?

I am struggling to find information in one place about the Aria, we are trying to decide if it is good to buy the drinks package, do they serve coffee and water at mealtimes, or do you have to purchase all beverages? It would add up quickly if we had to purchase coffee and tea during the day plus water,

Thanks!

They are both still there on the Roll Call Section..

heres a link to the active one...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2284424

Thanks!

Just a query, were you starting it here in the Aus/NZ forum or in the P&O Aria roll call part. If here, they were most likely moving it. If in the proper roll call area, then I don't know why they were disappearing for you.

Edited by MicCanberra

Drinks on board are reasonably priced and coffee made by baristas as opposed to the buffet type is not included in the drinks package. I did a tot up from our last cruise where we had drinks when we wanted them and we were lucky if we spent $80 a day for the two of us, let alone the $79 per day for one. You would have to be a heavy drinker for the drinks package to be of value.

For instance beer around $8, cocktails $10 to $12, mixed drinks $8 to $9. A reasonable bottle of wine $30, by the glass $6 and up. Also the expensive cocktails and wines are not included in your package. Don't forget to take advantage of the bottled water deal in your room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, we were doing the maths last night and have decided it would be beter to pay as you go, the drinks packages are a lot more expensive than Celebrity where we have boughtt them in the past, and actually its much nicer to share a bottle of wine over dinner, so if that is $40 we are left with $120 to spend the rest of the day, and thanks for the tip in the barrista coffees, we cannot function in the mornings until we have our first!

Drinks on board are reasonably priced and coffee made by baristas as opposed to the buffet type is not included in the drinks package. I did a tot up from our last cruise where we had drinks when we wanted them and we were lucky if we spent $80 a day for the two of us, let alone the $79 per day for one. You would have to be a heavy drinker for the drinks package to be of value.

For instance beer around $8, cocktails $10 to $12, mixed drinks $8 to $9. A reasonable bottle of wine $30, by the glass $6 and up. Also the expensive cocktails and wines are not included in your package. Don't forget to take advantage of the bottled water deal in your room.

Elise, there are packages available on RCI that cover coffees, the more expensive cocktails and wines, and bottled water. Ditto on Celebrity. These are both quite expensive though.

The Princess package also covers everything at a very reasonable $59pp per day.

I think my day of buying drink packages separately are well and truly over, it is too expensive and just makes me want to drink far too much. I will pay as I go.

If a package is included, I do not feel the need to get my money's worth.

I agree Mic, our last trip on the Eden showed us that we could enjoy drinks as we wanted them without breaking the bank. However on a drinks package you tend to go 'that was a great cocktail, let's try another' [emoji5].

However on Celebrity I would only sail if their drinks package was included as a deal as their drinks + gratuities are soooo expensive.

I agree Mic, our last trip on the Eden showed us that we could enjoy drinks as we wanted them without breaking the bank. However on a drinks package you tend to go 'that was a great cocktail, let's try another' [emoji5].

However on Celebrity I would only sail if their drinks package was included as a deal as their drinks + gratuities are soooo expensive.

That was what I meant in regards to the cruises that include the drinks, obviously I can not pick drinks and get another perk but then I like the drinks package and drink what I want without chasing a tab.

That was what I meant in regards to the cruises that include the drinks, obviously I can not pick drinks and get another perk but then I like the drinks package and drink what I want without chasing a tab.

I do the sums each time. Look at how port-intensive the itinerary is. I now know what our drinking patterns are on port days (less coffee and alcohol but more bottled water) and use that for the measure to decide whether to get a the package. Luckily CC members often post drinks menus so I can see the prices, otherwise it would be too much guesswork.

On RCI I took one look at the wine lists and went off and bought packages. They did have a decent-sized list of Aussie wines that were quite reasonably priced but the wines I prefer to drink were US $9-$14 a glass (incl grats). :eek: The same wines on Princess are around AU $8 a glass.

On Celebrity we've had the wine package as a perk and just upgraded it. With the excellent sommelier we had on Celebrity it was advantageous to have a package as he did excellent wine matches, and sometimes supplied wines that weren't on the wine list. Hope we get someone as good next February.

On Princess it's borderline based on port days but we make on the deal on sea days. ;)

I could be in trouble on a very long cruise but so far I've survived 21 days.

Longest cruise I have been on so far has been 30 nights, with a drinks package but as they were included didn't feel bad if we had a alcohol free day here and there. Still had coffee, juices and soft drinks or mocktails but mainly water on those days.:D

Longest cruise I have been on so far has been 30 nights, with a drinks package but as they were included didn't feel bad if we had a alcohol free day here and there. Still had coffee, juices and soft drinks or mocktails but mainly water on those days.:D

After our 17 night Top End cruise I worked out we broke even for the whole cruise cost sometime during day 13.

I didn't do the numbers for our last, 21 night, cruise.

Upcoming cruise port intensive first 11 days,then 16 possible drinking days,just cant see the value or even managing to break even.The sticker shock of $3200 aibp,scares me.

You've got quite a few sea days in the first part of that cruise too. But it really depends on what you like to drink and when. If you start getting into afternoon cocktails on sea days you could end up with another sort of sticker shock. :eek:

We're very borderline based on port day consumption of all beverages. Add in the extras on sea days - an extra cocktail, an extra coffee, a glass of wine or a beer with lunch, and maybe an ice-cream, which adds an extra $25-30 per day - and suddenly it pays off.

True as,well we are really slowing down as we get older.

Prob leave the drinking for the island cruises.

This one is going to be a big eye-opener for us.

I'm figuring,we just wouldn't make up the diff on the last half of the cruise.And if we did our normal we would only go slightly over.

I honestly reckon,that the water,coffee,and soda swings the balance.