Favorite Barcelona Hotel

kandj05

You need to be aware that it is right on the pier where VERY few ships sail from - eg smaller ships such as Azamara.

If you are sailing with most other lines, the pier is some distance away and not walkable.

Whilst it would be extremely convenient if you are sailing from the World Trade Centre pier it is less so from the main pier and you would still need to catch the port bus. It's also pretty expensive compared to many hotels in Barcelona

Definitely going to consider what you said here, much thanks. It looks like a great place too. Such great advice....still haven't decided, but we're in Barcelona two days prior to sailing.

We're looking for something that's clean, conveniently close to the ship's pier if possible!

• 2 weeks later...
Hotel Jazz was my first stay in Barcelona. It was a great stay (discussed in my Serenade review linked in my sig). Next time I was with family and we stayed at Hispanos 7 Suiza apartments. This was far away from the Ramblas, near the Sagrada, and was great for a more condo-like experience in a quiet neighborhood with plenty of transportation options.

It was my first time in Barcelona and I liked the hotel Picasso , the family loved it , better of this city and hotel I have not seen , I want to go there with my family , a lot of impressions on me . http://www.triparbiter.com/hotel/13628/k%2Bk-hotel-picasso-barcelona-spain the best service , I was like God .

It was my first time in Barcelona and I liked the hotel Picasso , the family loved it , better of this city and hotel I have not seen , I want to go there with my family , a lot of impressions on me . http://www.triparbiter.com/hotel/13628/k%2Bk-hotel-picasso-barcelona-spain the best service , I was like God .

That's the one I recommended earlier in this post. Thank you for agreeing! It's a lovely hotel. In a safe part of the city.

• 2 weeks later...

We just came back from Barcelona and stayed at the Europark Hotel. Convenient location, clean and neat and they offered a breakfast buffet. Within walking distance of La Sagrada Familia and Las Ramblas.

Paul

• 4 months later...
We just came back from Barcelona and stayed at the Europark Hotel. Convenient location, clean and neat and they offered a breakfast buffet. Within walking distance of La Sagrada Familia and Las Ramblas.

Paul

We are staying at the Europark now and enjoying it very much. Reasonably priced, helpful staff, far enough away from busy areas to be quiet, yet close enough to to walk to many things. Nice amenities including Nespresso machine in the room, robe and slippers, rooftop pool. Would stay here again!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are staying at the Europark now and enjoying it very much. Reasonably priced, helpful staff, far enough away from busy areas to be quiet, yet close enough to to walk to many things. Nice amenities including Nespresso machine in the room, robe and slippers, rooftop pool. Would stay here again!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will be staying at Hotel Europark 4 days on our upcoming Horizon cruise glad you enjoyed your stay, how long was your stay, did you get to see all the tourist destination, and can you walk to all places, where did you eat, sorry for all the ??? just excited we will be there

We will be staying at Hotel Europark 4 days on our upcoming Horizon cruise glad you enjoyed your stay, how long was your stay, did you get to see all the tourist destination, and can you walk to all places, where did you eat, sorry for all the ??? just excited we will be there

Hi! We stayed three nights. The only "negative" about the hotel was that the rooms are very small, but I think this is probably true of most in the area. We did not see all the tourist destinations as there was just not enough time. From the hotel, we walked to the Sagrada, Ramblas, Picasso and other museums, and many of the Gaudi buildings. We also walked to the city center from where we took a bike tour (Fat Tires) that showed us many sights and even took us down to the beach. Unfortunately we never made it to Park Guell as I think that would have been too far to walk, but there are subway stops all around so I think it would have been easy to get to - but again, we just ran out of time. You will love it - have a wonderful trip! Happy to answer other questions if you have them.

Hi! We stayed three nights. The only "negative" about the hotel was that the rooms are very small, but I think this is probably true of most in the area. We did not see all the tourist destinations as there was just not enough time. From the hotel, we walked to the Sagrada, Ramblas, Picasso and other museums, and many of the Gaudi buildings. We also walked to the city center from where we took a bike tour (Fat Tires) that showed us many sights and even took us down to the beach. Unfortunately we never made it to Park Guell as I think that would have been too far to walk, but there are subway stops all around so I think it would have been easy to get to - but again, we just ran out of time. You will love it - have a wonderful trip! Happy to answer other questions if you have them.

thanks POhlott for the info. just another question ( sorry ) we got the breakfast included did you get same if so how was it, if not did you eat elsewhere was it close by. we are planning to visit as much as we can in the 4 days we have before our cruise including Montserrat.clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

thanks POhlott for the info. just another question ( sorry ) we got the breakfast included did you get same if so how was it, if not did you eat elsewhere was it close by. we are planning to visit as much as we can in the 4 days we have before our cruise including Montserrat.clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

We did not include the breakfast in our rate but we did end up buying it twice. It was rather basic but good, and definitely convenient and quick. I can't remember exactly what they had but recall a nice assortment of cold cut meats and cheeses, scrambled eggs, European bacon, sausage, breads, juices, potatoes, yogurt, cold cereals and milk, and a nice selection of pastries (same ones as we saw in many of the pastry shops around the city (mini chocolate croissants - yum!), and coffee. There are a couple of little spots not far from the hotel for coffee and pastries. Some of them were closed while we were there because it was a holiday. The hotel will happily direct you!