Favorite Barcelona Hotel

kandj05

Right. Pretty shocking the first time you see it; so much pink. LOL. But you get used to it. And you can't beat that location. :)

Location is great, one half block by transportation hub, all inclusive 24/7 food drink feature, and good pricing make up for the pink colors, which you stop thinking about almost immediately! Look at web site. Hotel Continental Barcellona! I was staying there again, until we cancelled Barcellona/Ft Laurdedale TA.

Can't pass up Quebec NJ Galveston Homeport REPO!

Edited by ssb

Our 1st stay on the Hotel Continental was in 2006. We've stayed there a couple times since then and IMHO it's changed. The included food buffet was very good on our 1st stay, OK on the 2nd stay, and not good on our last stay in 2015. The offerings were minimal and it was not well maintained. Wine, soda and beer were still available. Hope they've improved and those staying there have a great experience.

The location is good. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance. You can take the Aerobus from the airport and it's a short walk from Placa Cataluyna to the hotel.

One word of caution about Hotel Continental. Try not to get room 258. It's Very small but does overlook the courtyard which was nice. Was able to peek in other rooms and they were much larger.

My favorite is the Hotel Regencia Colon which is across from the Cathedral. Stayed there twice. Very reasonable and short walk to everything.

We stayed at Hotel Continental before and after our cruise in 2010. What a dive; rock hard beds, power outlets that didn't work and all that horrible pink. :eek: Not to mention a very suspect buffet.

The only good points were location and friendly staff.

We always stay at Hotel Continental Barcelona, right on La Rambla. A few blocks from the metro station and in the midst of everything. They also have free food buffet all day.

We are also fans of the Hotel Continental (or the 'Pink Palace') located right on Las Rambla. Always book a balcony room, which is great to sit on in the afternoon with a glass of wine and watch the entertainment below. Only a few minutes from La Boqueria Markets. It is close to the Metro and Airport Bus. Taxis will do drop off and pick up outside.

Quirky, but great fun and value!

We stayed at the Hotel Atlantis last fall. It's about a block from Las Ramblas, convenient to the Metro. It had small but clean rooms, marble bathroom, and served a lavish buffet breakfast. We requested a balcony room on an upper floor which helped eliminate any potential street noise. It was less expensive than some of the other hotels mentioned, and we would stay there again.

I have stayed twice in Hotel 1898, a little pricy but we loved the location on Las Ramblas, the rooftop bar and pool, the lower level spa and grotto pool, and the friendly lobby bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I second this!!! the Hotel 1898 was wonderful. I stayed there in end of May, beginning of June 2016. Fantastic location! Huge grocery store a 2 minute walk for drinks and snacks. I am on a special diet so I found the store especially convenient.

We stayed at the Hotel Barcelona Universal. We walked over to the Las Ramblas, about a 12 min walk.

We too stayed here in May, and beside the swimming pool on the roof which is great after a day of touring, you can also walk to get the Blue Port bus to take you to the ship for E2 p.p. Just ask the hotel for directions and it is about a 10 min walk. Sue

I hope we can return to Barcelona and take in the fabulous landmarks that we missed when we were there in Oct of 2011. go fish, I never made it to the pool, we were to busy walking to Las Ramblas, doing the Walking tour then Montserrat the day before our cruise. Montserrat is a must tour. Sue have we been on a cruise with you, your screen name is very familiar to me. I think I know why I recall your name, were you on the Liberty's Oct 2011 TA

Gay

Edited by Desert Cruizers