Confused about setsail passes

Hi everyone,

We leave on Sunday on the Liberty of the Seas. I am taking my 7y.o. daughter, who is rooming with me, and my 17y.o. son who is an adjoining cabin with his 17y.o. best friend. I did the online check-in stuff and have me and my two children linked to one credit card for onboard expenses, and my son's BF linked to a second credit card.

When I print the Seapasses, my son, who is in a different room from me, is listed on my seapass; his BF has his own seapass. Am I supposed to only print the 2 different Seapasses or one for all of us - even though it seems identical for me and my children? Also, shouldn't my son have one of his own with his room number on it? Or is there only one seapass for me and my two children and one for his friend? Ugh. I hate being so unclear about the process and don't want to get down to Galveston and find I messed up and it all takes forever. :o

Thanks for any advice:)

You can use a single SetSail pass for all the guests listed on your SetSail pass. As long as your son is checking in at the same time as you, he does not need a separate SetSail pass. The friend of your son needs his own SetSail pass.

Edited by clarea

Bob we had a situation two years ago, where we were paying for our daughters cruise, however she was in the same room with her Aunt. I printed out one Set Sail pass for my husband & I and husbands sister printed out her Set Sail pass for the both of them. Our daughter had her own On Board Acct. Last Oct, the daughter roomed with us yet again had her own acct so I printed out the two Set Sail passes. One for husband & I and one for the daughter because she had her own acct.

Gay

Hi everyone,

We leave on Sunday on the Liberty of the Seas. I am taking my 7y.o. daughter, who is rooming with me, and my 17y.o. son who is an adjoining cabin with his 17y.o. best friend. I did the online check-in stuff and have me and my two children linked to one credit card for onboard expenses, and my son's BF linked to a second credit card.

When I print the Seapasses, my son, who is in a different room from me, is listed on my seapass; his BF has his own seapass. Am I supposed to only print the 2 different Seapasses or one for all of us - even though it seems identical for me and my children? Also, shouldn't my son have one of his own with his room number on it? Or is there only one seapass for me and my two children and one for his friend? Ugh. I hate being so unclear about the process and don't want to get down to Galveston and find I messed up and it all takes forever. :o

Thanks for any advice:)

Just want to point out one thing about the credit cards. When you check in at the port, you will need to swipe the credit card that is on record. You said that your son's best friend is using a different card, he will need to have that card with him and be an authorized signer. Don't want you to go with one of his parent's cards listed that he can't sign as that would cause an issue.:)

What will happen at check in? Will they be required to show both credit cards?

The way I understand it, one credit card will shown for the parent, daughter, and son. The son's friend will show his own credit card.

Bob we had a situation two years ago, where we were paying for our daughters cruise, however she was in the same room with her Aunt. I printed out one Set Sail pass for my husband & I and husbands sister printed out her Set Sail pass for the both of them. Our daughter had her own On Board Acct. Last Oct, the daughter roomed with us yet again had her own acct so I printed out the two Set Sail passes. One for husband & I and one for the daughter because she had her own acct.

Gay

I would do the same as you just to be sure. Does bother me when people answer questions such as this that haven't had personal experience. Thanks for clearing it up for the original poster.

Gay

This makes sense to me Gay because the different account would cause your daughter to have a different SetSail pass. I believe that to be on the same SetSail, someone has to accept the cruise contract and charges for you.

I've read that UK guests get their own SetSail, even if they are on the same account. I always assumed this was because of different legal requirements for contracts where one person cannot accept a contract for another. Here in the US, I was able to accept the cruise contract on behalf of my wife and duaghter, so one SetSail pass.

Bob last Oct, I originally showed the daughter on our Acct, but then she asked to have her own acct, which resulted in my having to print out her own Set Sail Pass due to the fact I changed the information for the On board Acct and was prompted to reprint out the Set Sail Passes.

gagirl, by printing out two separate Set Sail passes, where you have say 3 to your room, if allows one of the members to arrive at a different time if they choose to see a few more sights before boarding.

Back in 2014, where our daughter and husbands sister joined us, I had my SIL's booking number so I could go into her booking and make sure she had filled out her Online check in correctly and I even printed out all the luggage tags for us. Now they have changed the Online Check In to 90 Days

Gay

Edited by Desert Cruizers

I would do the same as you just to be sure. Does bother me when people answer questions such as this that haven't had personal experience. Thanks for clearing it up for the original poster.

What was your personal experience with multiple sea passes and cabins?

Just want to point out one thing about the credit cards. When you check in at the port, you will need to swipe the credit card that is on record. You said that your son's best friend is using a different card, he will need to have that card with him and be an authorized signer. Don't want you to go with one of his parent's cards listed that he can't sign as that would cause an issue.:)

Thanks, for the help. I actually registered my son's friend with one of my credit cards that has a zero balance on it so we can keep track of any expenses he makes with no confusion. His parents will then reimburse me at the end of the trip. So I will take both credit cards with me :) Thanks for the heads up though so I remember to pack both credit cards :D I had forgotten they have to actually swipe them :o

Thanks, for the help. I actually registered my son's friend with one of my credit cards that has a zero balance on it so we can keep track of any expenses he makes with no confusion. His parents will then reimburse me at the end of the trip. So I will take both credit cards with me :) Thanks for the heads up though so I remember to pack both credit cards :D I had forgotten they have to actually swipe them :o

You're welcome.:)

You will be able to board, even if you don't print ANY set-sail passes!! Once onboard, you will have to present all forms of payment...so definitely bring all the CC's! You can set up accounts at that time. Its really no different than checking into a hotel.

You will be able to board, even if you don't print ANY set-sail passes!! Once onboard, you will have to present all forms of payment...so definitely bring all the CC's! You can set up accounts at that time. Its really no different than checking into a hotel.

Credit cards will be swiped prior to boarding the ship, not once they are onboard. The OP has already set up the accounts when she completed the set sail passes. She does not have to do anything additional once she boards.

Just want to point out one thing about the credit cards. When you check in at the port, you will need to swipe the credit card that is on record.
I have not found this to be true as I have checked in with a credit card different from the one I booked with and listed on my online checkin..I have just just presented a valid Visa. No problem.

I have not found this to be true as I have checked in with a credit card different from the one I booked with and listed on my online checkin..I have just just presented a valid Visa. No problem.

You have taken a partial quote, out of context. The OP understood what I was saying and has already responded.