Question about documents

What all do you need when checking in. SET sail pass is obvious but do I need to print out all 26 pages of cruise documents that has the luggage tags. Are they going to want to see the docs? I know you need passports and id. Thank you in advance.

What all do you need when checking in. SET sail pass is obvious but do I need to print out all 26 pages of cruise documents that has the luggage tags. Are they going to want to see the docs? I know you need passports and id. Thank you in advance.

Cruise docs are usually not needed at check-in.

If you purchased transfers from Royal, then you should print out the page(s) with your transfer voucher, but that's about all I can think of that would need to be printed.

Set Sail pass.

Luggage Tags, although you can get them when you drop off your luggage

Passport or Driver's license/birth Certificate

Credit Card if you are charging you onboard purchases to your room.

No need to bring the 24 page cruise document.

Also not needed, I found it helpful to bring a print out of my reservations for spa appointments, specialty restaraunts, and depending on class of ship, entertainment reservations. You don't need this for check-in just for your own memory once you board and start enjoying your cruise

I have never even taken the time to read them much less waste paper printing them. Would most likely have to hire a lawyer to tell me what they mean.

As has been stated, I do carry copies of all bookings and every confirmation I receive from cruise line. I have needed these copies as recently as my Feb 2016 cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
You really don't NEED to print anything..but the majority will print the set-sail pass. Folks forget to print, or forget to bring them...they freak out, but still are able to board the ship!!!

Then why is it that every time we arrive at a pier, regardless of the cruise line or the location of the terminal, we are required to show a boarding pass of some sort to enter the terminal? Not being flippant with this question at all - it's just that I've observed people not being let in to the terminal w/o that documentation and someone from the cruise line has to come down and straighten it out. And there's terminal employees standing there yelling to passengers "have your cruise boarding pass and ID documents ready to show". Confused?

Then why is it that every time we arrive at a pier, regardless of the cruise line or the location of the terminal, we are required to show a boarding pass of some sort to enter the terminal? Not being flippant with this question at all - it's just that I've observed people not being let in to the terminal w/o that documentation and someone from the cruise line has to come down and straighten it out. And there's terminal employees standing there yelling to passengers "have your cruise boarding pass and ID documents ready to show". Confused?

If you don't have a SetSail (boarding) pass when you enter the terminal, they will take you aside and look up your name on the manifest before they let you in. If the security people have trouble locating the manifest, then this could cause a delay in entering the terminal. So while the SetSail pass is tecnically not necessary, it can minimize delay entering the terminal.

We sail in 55 days. When are the luggage tags available to print? Boarding passes are printed but I can't find luggage tags. Thanks!

Luggage Tags are normally available at 7 weeks before the cruise.

How do I get to the full cruise document. I only see set sail pass and luggage tag link. I cruise Sunday.

Click Cruise Documentation, then click Check Status under Guest Vacation Documents. Click Print Document on the next page.

Why don't you just read through them and then only print the pages you would need. Like luggage tags, page showing obc, transfers if you booked them, or anything else that might pertain to your cruise.

I have my documents (sail in 35 days) but there is nothing in them about the OBC, that I have confirmed with royal directly, is on my account...should I be concerned ?

I have my documents (sail in 35 days) but there is nothing in them about the OBC, that I have confirmed with royal directly, is on my account...should I be concerned ?

I'd contact whoever booked your cruise and request Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation.