Soller train, Palma

sddsddean

Has anyone done the Soller train lately? We are in Palma on a Sunday in September. Just wanted to check the number 1 bus runs on Sunday (to get us from the ship to the station) as the timetable has Mon - Sat and Holidays, but no mention of Sundays! Also, the train timetable on the Soller website appears incomplete. Just want to check we will have time to get back to the ship by 3pm for a 4pm sailaway.

Simon

Using the search function I had found another thread, but it was a couple of years out of date, which is why I asked. Looking through 'your' thread, it looks like the train is a no no for the time we are in port. We'll wander the streets instead!

Simon

There is another thread. However, we were there on a Sunday in July and took the train to Soller. There were four of us and found taxi to be an efficient (and cost effective way) to get to and from the train station/bus station. It was less than 6 euros each way. Turns out that they added a train that was not on the schedule. Our departure time was later than 4pm so we had more time than you did so we did not have the same urgency to return. We did take the bus back.

We will be in port 8-5 (figure we have to be aboard by 3 to be on safe side) so we are taking first train to Sollor 10:10, then first or second Tram to Port Soller, then I have arraned private taxi transfer from Port Soller at 2:00 to make sure we are back to ship by 3:00. Husband is railfan so this trumps seeing the town sights for him.

Using the search function I had found another thread, but it was a couple of years out of date, which is why I asked. Looking through 'your' thread, it looks like the train is a no no for the time we are in port. We'll wander the streets instead!

Simon

I'm afraid I had to come to the same conclusion . Roger was helpful. It's nice to have someone that lives there help you out. I had planned on the train for months. I really wanted to see outside the city. But I think the excursion will be interesting.

We will be in port 8-5 (figure we have to be aboard by 3 to be on safe side) so we are taking first train to Sollor 10:10, then first or second Tram to Port Soller, then I have arraned private taxi transfer from Port Soller at 2:00 to make sure we are back to ship by 3:00. Husband is railfan so this trumps seeing the town sights for him.

That should work. You should still have a few minutes to walk around Soller and the Port.

That should work. You should still have a few minutes to walk around Soller and the Port.

I will be keeping my eyes open and soaking in the Mallorica atmosphere, but this day will be all about my DH's photos of Train and Tram. Anything else will be a bonus. Ah, what we do for love!