No more balcony/suite discount within 6 months(as of Sept 1,2016)

PH8

Does this mean we'll have a whole bunch of future "promo" sales that include the discount less then 6 months out? More promos as a bargain to us! *wink*

Folks were complaining that first-time cruisers were getting almost as much discount as the balcony discount, eroding our benefit. Be careful what you wish for. :rolleyes:

You've been advocating the PC part of this forever. The 6 month change us kind of a bummer

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Every C&A level has their own balcony discount amounts, so why shouldn't Pinnacle Club Members?? Maybe once you have achieved this level you'll become an advocate as well.

It looks to me that there is a work around in the FAQ

If you use an open next cruise, you still get it.

4. What if my client makes a “Decide Later” booking through NextCruise outside of the 6 months but decide on the cruise within 6 months of sailing? Will we honor the discount? Yes, in this case, the discount will be honored within 6 months of the sail date.

This is a bummer...but not totally surprising....with all their "special" pricing lately I haven't gotten a full balcony discount in a while...my 9 night Anthem booking for NEXT Sept. was a whopping $219 discount...oh well...I will be going on my 1st Princess cruise next month...may just start cruising them more...as a solo cruiser I can reach their top level in 8 cruises...not to shabby!

I may be overreacting to loss of the balcony discount if you get a price drop within 6 months of the cruise. Soon they will increase final payment date to 6 months before the cruise, so we won't be able to get price drops in that period anyhow.:rolleyes:

Every C&A level has their own balcony discount amounts, so why shouldn't Pinnacle Club Members?? Maybe once you have achieved this level you'll become an advocate as well.

When we hit PC I plan on joining the Central Florida inside cabin Pinnacles club. ;)

I was actually trying to give you some kudos. You were the first person I thought of when I read Kathy's post

Edited by John&LaLa

I may be overreacting to loss of the balcony discount if you get a price drop within 6 months of the cruise. Soon they will increase final payment date to 6 months before the cruise, so we won't be able to get price drops in that period anyhow.:rolleyes:

Unless they want to. A guy on our Liberty board on social media got $233 credited back to his card and his sail date is Oct. 9!!! Much of newbie cruisers calling RC tonight thinking they'll get $$ back.

Unless they want to. A guy on our Liberty board on social media got $233 credited back to his card and his sail date is Oct. 9!!! Much of newbie cruisers calling RC tonight thinking they'll get $$ back.

When was/is final payment date for that cruise?

SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! :eek:

This is a bummer...but not totally surprising....with all their "special" pricing lately I haven't gotten a full balcony discount in a while...my 9 night Anthem booking for NEXT Sept. was a whopping $219 discount...oh well...I will be going on my 1st Princess cruise next month...may just start cruising them more...as a solo cruiser I can reach their top level in 8 cruises...not to shabby!

I'm top tier with Princess and really enjoy their ships...too bad they don't have cruises closer to us..We're spoiled.

I'm top tier with Princess and really enjoy their ships...too bad they don't have cruises closer to us..We're spoiled.

I know that's right...lol...I'm flying to Calif. for my Princess Cruise...so Ft. Lauderdale doesn't sound so bad ....:D

Wow. I'm truly stunned that RC would take away the balcony discount for booking at <6 months. The majority of my cruises are booked in that range.

Not being much of a drinker, I consider the balcony discount my favorite perk. Not that it's a huge amount, but it was certainly an incentive that made me happy when I price out a cruise.

Wow. I'm truly stunned that RC would take away the balcony discount for booking at <6 months. The majority of my cruises are booked in that range.

Not being much of a drinker, I consider the balcony discount my favorite perk. Not that it's a huge amount, but it was certainly an incentive that made me happy when I price out a cruise.

My thoughts precisely.

How far do you have to drive? RCI opened the door wide open for Princess in our part of the country when they abandoned us, and losing the balcony discount will make it easier to look at some of the Princess ships for other parts of the world, too. Not to mention the host of combinable credits Princess offer - FCCs, shareholder, military - that can up to a pretty penny.

As silentbobo said, perhaps the shareholder discount will come back into play for us. It's been so long since I've used it on RCI that I can't remember if it's combinable with the onboard booking OBC. It was on Azamara in March.