No more balcony/suite discount within 6 months(as of Sept 1,2016)

PH8

Not sure if this has been mentioned and if it has,I'll get admins to delete.

Anyway,I just got a flyer about an upcoming promo......and at the end it says this.:mad::mad::mad:

Encourage your clients to book now! As of Sept 1,2016,balcony and suite discounts will only be applied if more than 6 months out!

I called and verified with the C&A DP desk.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Crown_and_Anchor/16052085_CAS_Member_Appreciation.pdf

Wonderful.

Thanks Kathy.

It also probably means if we get a price drop within 6 months we lose the entire balcony discount, rather than just $25.

Edited by clarea

Oh,Im sure,Bob.......

The rep's theory was there are so many promos within 6 months not combinable with the discount .:rolleyes:

Edited by PH8

Anyway,I just got a flyer about an upcoming promo......and at the end it says this.:mad::mad::mad:

Encourage your clients to book now! As of Sept 1,2016,balcony and suite discounts will only be applied if more than 6 months out!

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Crown_and_Anchor/16052085_CAS_Member_Appreciation.pdf

SHAME on Royal Caribbean!

Looking at the .PDF I see that the announcement of no more balcony discounts appears immediately above a C&A logo and the words "Loyal to you always"

What irony:mad:

At least one positive thing in that flyer is a permanent increase in pinnacle balcony discounts.

If I write to them and correct all of the mistakes in the flyer, may I have my benefit back?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yes, it says Pinnacles have a permanent increase of 25.00. However on the chart they are showing the same increase for D+:confused:

D+ will be happy!

Yes, it says Pinnacles have a permanent increase of 25.00. However on the chart they are showing the same increase for D+:confused:

D+ will be happy!

That's the "promo" of "everyone gets a balcony discount upgrade" August 15-22.

:rolleyes:

That seriously is one of the only perk that is worth anything. I book lots of cruises less than 6 months out.

I totally agree. And for those of us who live in Florida, booking closer to sail dates was a perk in and of itself. It stinks that we'll loose our balcony discount too. Shame on Royal!

This is my most preferred benefit of being D+. I leave in 10 days on something booked 5 weeks ago. That $225 was incentive to book. Slowly, slowly the benefits erode. I'm sailing a different line for the first time in eight years next year. I'm glad. Dunno how long one can be loyal to Royal.

Who is going on the President's Cruise? I hope all of you give those in power an earful!!!

Edited by internetwhiz

Goodness knows they've kept prorating that discount because of their fake sales ... now to just ditch it altogether is a shame. Maybe that shareholder credit will start being worth something again (until it gets axed, too).

Does this mean we'll have a whole bunch of future "promo" sales that include the discount less then 6 months out? More promos as a bargain to us! *wink*

At least one positive thing in that flyer is a permanent increase in pinnacle balcony discounts.

PC Members and Diamond Plus Members are getting the same discount which is dependent on the number of nights.

EDIT: Yep, we will be an increase of $25 beginning September 1, 2016 which is a permanent increase. Thank You Royal Caribbean.

Edited by cruisenfever

I'm trying to understand the full implication of this decision by RCL by putting the shoe on the other foot... what is the RCL exec thinking with this decision? Strictly profit margin? What else is there?

• Putting a larger demand for for instant bookings when itineraries come out, thus driving bookings up from the get to, and thus prices as cabins are driven up earlier as inventory is booked.... and retained by the customer!
  • No more "last minute" GGG sales or post-final payment date deals with the included use the CAS discounts any longer. Bargains will be equal for everyone.
  • Possibly penalizing those that make many changes to reservations, cabins, sail dates, etc. RCL does not want this anymore.
  • Guaranteed bookings/use of capital/deposits in and locked early.
  • Perhaps this is getting a step closer to the Europe model with no changes and loss of deposits if changes made to re-book under a sale price.

Just thinking out loud here... what am I missing?