Issue adding my CC number during online checking

Sandy1975

I spent the last 2 days plus a call with CC rep to try and add my CC number to my upcoming cruise during the online check-in.

Captain Club rep said that she found me in the system and was able to link my CC number but I checked today and that section is blank. She said that i need that # in my reservation to get points. She also said I can add the points after the cruise but I don't want / should deal with that hassle.

Has anyone experienced something like this and how did you resolve it? This will be my 7th cruise with Celebrity and will move me to Select.

Thanks

Edited by Sandy1975

Check your profile on line and see if your Captains Club number is on your profile. If it is not add it to your profile and it should automatically transfer to your on line checkin. Let us know how you get on

I spent the last 2 days plus a call with CC rep to try and add my CC number to my upcoming cruise during the online check-in.

Captain Club rep said that she found me in the system and was able to link my CC number but I checked today and that section is blank. She said that i need that # in my reservation to get points. She also said I can add the points after the cruise but I don't want / should deal with that hassle.

Has anyone experienced something like this and how did you resolve it? This will be my 7th cruise with Celebrity and will move me to Select.

Thanks

Hi,

I had this problem on Sunday night and again Monday. My friend and traveling companion also had the same issue earlier on Sunday, spent an hour trying to finalize checkin because the website would not let her continue without a Captain's Club number. She also waited on hold to speak to the Captain's Club rep about this, and then 15 minutes with them while they tried to figure it out.

So because I run a technology company for my employer, I tried online check in on Sunday night thinking I would be able to work past it. Same fail, where after entering all information and hitting "submit", the page came back saying I had to correct the Captain's Club #. I tried "Save and Exit", and went back in twice to find nothing was saved. I tried again Monday, and after three tries finally was able to get past the summary page and complete checkin.

I called Captain's Club shortly thereafter, and the rep told me (after 12 minutes on hold) that"oh yes, we've known about this issue since early Sunday or late Saturday I think. That's why you were on hold so long; we've been getting a lot of calls about this". I asked why X hadn't put an alert on the checkin page to let people know there was an issue, and either provided a workaround or asked people to checkin later. The rep said "oh! That's a great idea!" Huh? No one there thought of this?

More and more, I find Celebrity's management to be downright disrespectful of their customers through many of their actions. The broken website wastes time and actually cost me money when a cruise failed to transfer to my TA and I didn't know until day 66, the constant "razor cuts" in things initially offered but then cut, the overwhelming spam emails but never an email about, ..oh, say, cancelling my booked cruise, the push for feedback on a cruise but then not receiving the email to provide that, and then not responding to feedback that I do provide and for which I ask for a response.

There's a new Twitter hashtag: #NotModernLuxury and that now seems to be the only way to get their attention. That, and tweeting to @LisaLutoffPerlo. Try that.

This problem has been going on longer, when I booked my cruise in March it took about 6 emails and a couple of calls with Celebrity to add my CC number to the reservation and then had the same issues with adding my wife's number as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

.... one can usually wait until ship side to do this, as it does not take that much more time there. As long as one has their documents in order, a breeze.

Of course this process does not preclude the 'good feeling' that one is checked in before hand. Yet, no need to obsess about the web site and if it works or not, just as long as you have paid and etc.. not even an issue, in my opine.

For us, just as long as we have our Paid In Full notice, passports, Visas and airline tickets, the rest is just a slight prelude to a great sailing ahead and does not bother or annoy in any way or sense...

bon voyage

Thanks

Have you checked that your name is spelt EXACTLY the same way on your reservation and Captains Club account?

I ended up with two separate accounts with different numbers. CC rep had to merge the two accounts before the points showed up.

Hi,

I had this problem on Sunday night and again Monday. My friend and traveling companion also had the same issue earlier on Sunday, spent an hour trying to finalize checkin because the website would not let her continue without a Captain's Club number. She also waited on hold to speak to the Captain's Club rep about this, and then 15 minutes with them while they tried to figure it out.

So because I run a technology company for my employer, I tried online check in on Sunday night thinking I would be able to work past it. Same fail, where after entering all information and hitting "submit", the page came back saying I had to correct the Captain's Club #. I tried "Save and Exit", and went back in twice to find nothing was saved. I tried again Monday, and after three tries finally was able to get past the summary page and complete checkin.

I called Captain's Club shortly thereafter, and the rep told me (after 12 minutes on hold) that"oh yes, we've known about this issue since early Sunday or late Saturday I think. That's why you were on hold so long; we've been getting a lot of calls about this". I asked why X hadn't put an alert on the checkin page to let people know there was an issue, and either provided a workaround or asked people to checkin later. The rep said "oh! That's a great idea!" Huh? No one there thought of this?

More and more, I find Celebrity's management to be downright disrespectful of their customers through many of their actions. The broken website wastes time and actually cost me money when a cruise failed to transfer to my TA and I didn't know until day 66, the constant "razor cuts" in things initially offered but then cut, the overwhelming spam emails but never an email about, ..oh, say, cancelling my booked cruise, the push for feedback on a cruise but then not receiving the email to provide that, and then not responding to feedback that I do provide and for which I ask for a response.

There's a new Twitter hashtag: #NotModernLuxury and that now seems to be the only way to get their attention. That, and tweeting to @LisaLutoffPerlo. Try that.

Thanks. This is exactly the issue i am having. I supposedly finished checking by removing my captain club # and I will try to print it today. I had no problem with my husband who is also in the reservation.

I will call when i have more time to ensure my number is there (i don't get it how it could not be since it is in my online account and also in my guest copy from celebrity). I guess that as long as it is in my invoice i should be ok?

Edited by Sandy1975

Have you checked that your name is spelt EXACTLY the same way on your reservation and Captains Club account?

I ended up with two separate accounts with different numbers. CC rep had to merge the two accounts before the points showed up.

Yes, i checked both reservation and account and nothing is different. Argh... i would hate having 2 numbers and dealing with mergingaccounts.

My husband had the same problem in March. Had a Captain's Club # but kept saying it wasn't valid. Called Celebrity and they couldn't figure it out. After a lot of emails and phone calls, they gave him a new # and transferred his points to the new account. It took 2 1/2 months to fix it.