Amsterdam coffee makers?

shealea

We are booked in an Alaska cruise on the MS Amsterdam. It doesn't look like there are coffee makers in the cabins. We have an Ocean View.

We always sailed on NCL In the lower category cabins that didn't have a coffee maker, we always have requested one on the first day. We've given a good tip to the room steward along with the request, and have always been given one.

Is that possible for us to do on the Amsterdam? Has anyone ever been able to get one?

Thanks!!!

We are booked in an Alaska cruise on the MS Amsterdam. It doesn't look like there are coffee makers in the cabins. We have an Ocean View.

We always sailed on NCL In the lower category cabins that didn't have a coffee maker, we always have requested one on the first day. We've given a good tip to the room steward along with the request, and have always been given one.

Is that possible for us to do on the Amsterdam? Has anyone ever been able to get one?

Thanks!!!

IIRC, what you desire is not practical on the Amsterdam. HAL has a prohibition against heating appliances being used in the cabins. I believe this includes laundry irons and coffee makers.

You can get a carafe of coffee anytime from the Lido (if you bring your own carafe).

Sorry, I believe what you want isn't in the cards on the Amsterdam.

Scott & Karen

The big suites on HAL have coffee pots but not any ocean view or veranda cabins. You can either follow cave diver's advice and get it from the Lido - if you ask nicely, the Lido staff may give you a carafe to use and then you can get your own coffee - I bring a big thermal mug for this OR you can order from room service. It comes hot and on time when you specify a delivery time.

... OR you can order from room service. It comes hot and on time when you specify a delivery time.

Agreed. If you know what time you want coffee in the morning, just complete a hang tag for your door before you go to bed.

If you want to sleep until you wake, you can call room service when you do rise.

Either way, you get your coffee easily!

The big suites on HAL have coffee pots but not any ocean view or veranda cabins. You can either follow cave diver's advice and get it from the Lido - if you ask nicely, the Lido staff may give you a carafe to use and then you can get your own coffee - I bring a big thermal mug for this OR you can order from room service. It comes hot and on time when you specify a delivery time.

Just to be clear, it isn't a coffee pot, it's a pod single-cup machine. I doubt they have enough extras on hand to provide them to people who ask for them.

For anyone who likes a big thermal mug of coffee, the machine does not provide anywhere near the size you'd be looking for. We had one in our NS on Oosterdam last winter, and it was nice for a little cup when we didn't feel like going to the Lido or the Neptune Lounge, but it wasn't enough for our usual consumption.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

Thank you for your answers. It looks like we will just be ordering from room service. That will be fine.

And the good news is room service on Holland America is still free...unlike NCL that charges $7.95 per order.

Just to be clear, it isn't a coffee pot, it's a pod single-cup machine. I doubt they have enough extras on hand to provide them to people who ask for them.

For anyone who likes a big thermal mug of coffee, the machine does not provide anywhere near the size you'd be looking for. We had one in our NS on Oosterdam last winter, and it was nice for a little cup when we didn't feel like going to the Lido or the Neptune Lounge, but it wasn't enough for our usual consumption.

Do you happen to know what type of coffee machine? Is it a keurig? We like a particular coffee and will bring along pods if it is.