Downgrade Beverage Package

Dr.A

We got the select beverage package included for free when we booked our cruise. I emailed RCCL asking whether they could downgrade my package to the Royal Replenish package. They replied saying I may be able to downgrade my package onboard. Has anyone here successfully downgraded to another package onboard? I guess most people don't want to downgrade their packages but I would much prefer specialty coffee and bottled water over wine and beer. :D

I seem to remember that someone posted that they were able to do this but it was a straight switch of packages with no extra money or OBC being given as it was a free package.

Ask for the bar manager on board.

I have the same recollection Ken.

We did it without problem on Ovation this year. DH and I both had Select package included in booking, he does not drink alcohol.

We went to one of the drink stations set up to sell packages on embarkation day and asked if his could be downgraded to Royal Replenish.

It was switched straight away without a problem, the Select sticker on the seapass card was covered by a RR sticker and he was able to enjoy speciality coffee, water, cola, virgin cocktails etc. :)

I seem to remember that someone posted that they were able to do this but it was a straight switch of packages with no extra money or OBC being given as it was a free package.

Ask for the bar manager on board.

Thanks! It's shocking that anyone would even consider trying to get money out of it as it was a freebie. :eek:

We did it without problem on Ovation this year. DH and I both had Select package included in booking, he does not drink alcohol.

We went to one of the drink stations set up to sell packages on embarkation day and asked if his could be downgraded to Royal Replenish.

It was switched straight away without a problem, the Select sticker on the seapass card was covered by a RR sticker and he was able to enjoy speciality coffee, water, cola, virgin cocktails etc. :)

That's great! They'll hopefully be as forthcoming on Serenade on Saturday.

I am interested in the reply to this also. We got the select package too and my husband wants to downgrade his as he doesn't drink wine or beer. I on the other hand will be upgrading mine.

I'm with you, I want to upgrade my package. When I booked I asked if it was the Ultimate and was told yes but I just found out it the premium. I called the TA and was told I would have to book the old package over and wouldn't get the same deal.

I actually started my cruise with the beer and wine package and for sick of drinking beer never thought I would say that lol. Not that I was drinking a ton but I went to customer service desk and they allowed me to upgrade to full beverage package and just pay the difference per day for the remaining days. My friend did it as well. I would say if looking to do it do it immediately when you get on the ship. Mi know my upgrade was only like $11 more a day so basically one cocktail and it paid for itself. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks! It's shocking that anyone would even consider trying to get money out of it as it was a freebie. :eek:

Regardless of how you got it, it has a specified value. I see nothing shocking about someone hoping to get that same value out of an exchange.

I literally did this last week. We had purchased a select and a replenish package for my wife. She changed her mind and didn't want it anymore and I decided I wanted the premium. I just called in and they had no problem cancelling the bookings and then letting me rebook my package on my own.

You don't have to do it on the boat.

Edited by csnarpy

• 1 month later...

Hi Dr A - I would love to know if you were successful in 'downgrading' your Select drinks package for the Royal Replenish once on board your cruise? My daughter and I are travelling on Jewel of the Seas on 9 October 2016 and were wanting to do exactly the same, since neither of us drink beer or wine!

Hi Dr A - I would love to know if you were successful in 'downgrading' your Select drinks package for the Royal Replenish once on board your cruise? My daughter and I are travelling on Jewel of the Seas on 9 October 2016 and were wanting to do exactly the same, since neither of us drink beer or wine!

Yes, I was successful downgrading my select drinks package. I just walked up to one of the tables where they sell drinks packages as soon as I got onboard and asked if I could downgrade. I could no question asked. All I had to do was sign a form where it said downgrade and I think the amount the Royal replenish package would have been had I not downgraded. I asked about it to make sure there wouldn't be any charges and they promised there wouldn't. There weren't any charges as promised and I made the most of my Royal replenish package. :)