Dear CELEBRITY Santa...we at CC have a list.

Danno

When our oh-so-lovable, oh-so-dumb Golden Retriever, Radar, had to be put to sleep at 13 1/2, we swore that we would never get another pet - how could we ever find another Radar?

Then we moved into a condo and that made our decision even easier. We're not the kind of people who can keep a dog in a condo.

2 1/2 years ago, we visited a local animal shelter because it was a Saturday afternoon, we were bored and we were in the neighborhood and we still loved to say hello to the dogs.

The line to get in to the dog area was long and we were waiting in the area where the cats were caged. Out of a cage came a long orange paw with a white sock on the end - poking very gently at my wife (who is not a cat person). Well, we took him out of the cage and he curled up in my wife's lap for 45 minutes. Guess who we took home. Yep, a 16 pound 5 year old ginger cat named Beamer (that's the name he came with -do you see any coincidence to the fact that that our dog was named Radar?).

Beamer had been declawed on all 4 feet so we knew that there was no way he could ever go outside (although we take him on our balcony with a harness and leash), making him a perfect condo pet. We are certain that he is Radar reincarnated. He is every bit as lovable and demanding (extremely talkative) and endearing as our beloved Radar and now we don't know what we'd do without him.

Danno, we know how hard it is to part with a cherished friend. We feel so very fortunate that we ultimately found a new friend whom we can cherish in the same fashion.

Dear Santa:

Some of my wish list copies others but here it is -

1) Enhance the Captain's Club Benefits to make them worthwhile/meaningful

2) Advise me or my T/A if an itinerary is changed so that I don't have to rely on numerous chatboards to get this info. and my T/A isn't given the runaround with different answers everytime he gets through to another Celebrity rep. This is especially so when there are not hurricanes, bad weather or other obvious reasons and the cruise is months out!

3) Enforce the dress code in the dining room

4) Continue with improving disembarking procedures

5) Put the "Bar at the Edge of the Earth" back to the way it was - a paradise to relax in by day to relax and watch the journey go bye and a place at night for youthful fun.

6) Provide a 7 night Hawaii itinerary

7) Provice more itineraries from Galveston

Thankyou Santa.

Dan, So sorry about your pup:(

I have one request for Santa.....

Could you maybe reduce the % of the single supplement for

us solo cruisers? I know Santa, X is in business to make money but

instead of 200......how about 150%? It would help:) Thanks.

Santa,

We have behaved well this whole year. We have been model cruisers and attentive members of the cruise critic boards. We tell everyone about cruising (regardless of if they want to hear about it or not). We have 3 phases in life: planning a cruise, going on a cruise, and planning the next cruise. As you can see we have been very good.

We only want one TINY LITTLE thing for Christmas........can you make all the food on cruises a sort of calorie black hole (the food has no calories and also sucks up all the claories around it)? That way not only would you not gain weight on a cruise you would.....should I say it, can I wish it......actually LOSE weight while on board. Think about it Santa, it is the perfect gift for all us cruisers world wide. The more we eat, the more we lose :D .

If you can grant our wish, we will leave huge slices of baked Alaska for you and the reindeer. I'll also leave a nice hot cup of Cova Coffee just for you.

PS-Danno....So sorry. We lost our beloved Scooby (11 Y.O. lab) in May. There is nothing we can say except our thoughts are with you.

Danno, I do hope you read this, I did not see an e-mail address for you. I read on another thread that you were having a bad day, had no idea until I just now happened by here.

One of the wonderful things about these boards is the ability to "talk" about most anything, and there are times when I think it is totally appropriate to share a difficult situation that has very little to do with cruising but a lot to do with life.

My heart goes out to you, our pets are a part of the family and we too have had the need to make difficult decisions. You know you did what was best, it will just take some time to realize that.

Danno, I cannot imagine losing my beloved lab. She has been my faithful and loving companion for 6 years now.

She was sick over the weekend and acting very strange. I was a mess just thinking that something could be wrong with her so cannot imagine what you are feeling now.

You are in my thoughts.

CG

Danno, I do hope you read this, I did not see an e-mail address for you. I read on another thread that you were having a bad day, had no idea until I just now happened by here.

One of the wonderful things about these boards is the ability to "talk" about most anything, and there are times when I think it is totally appropriate to share a difficult situation that has very little to do with cruising but a lot to do with life.

My heart goes out to you, our pets are a part of the family and we too have had the need to make difficult decisions. You know you did what was best, it will just take some time to realize that.

Bless you, catmand - beautifully put.

Danno: I would like to take this opportunity to say that you - and your much beloved collie - are in my thoughts tonight.

Danno, just try to remember all the great times you had together and how lucky you were to have such a great companion. I lost a beloved pet 10 years ago and she's still in my heart. Your collie will always be with you. Right now I know the grief is overwhelming, but time does help and soon your thoughts will focus more on the good times you had together than this past few days. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Garry

Hey Danno,

Sorry about your loss.I lost 2 of my "babies" within a year of each other. The first to go was Hobo..a great cairn terrier. I had to put him down because of diabetes complications. I felt so horrible and soooooooo guilty for putting him down even though I knew it was best for him since he was suffering.The second was my Joey, a yorkie. He passed during the night one day and found him in the morning. I was devistated, but it wasn't as bad as when I had to make the decition to but my 1st down. It is difficult now, but I will guarentee you will feel better in a while.

Now I have 3 dogs and 4 cats. What am I NUTS!!!:eek: .

One day at a time, sorrow will turn to warm memories one day.

Jeff

Granted it was only a few slot machines in a few areas near the entrances but it was marked no smoking

Yes, and weren't they a pleasure. Too bad they weren't lucky for me. My DH, however, did very well. More non-smoking slots....please!

Oh, and while we're at it....I'd love to have the same quality soup at lunch at the buffet that is served at dinner. Got real tired of badly favored water.

So sorry to hear about the loss of your pet. This brings up a real dilemma in our household. For Christmas last year I gave DH a Russian Blue cat (which he appropriately named "Vodka") and they are inseparable. We've been on 23 wonderful cruises, but that habit may have just come to an abrupt end! After a 2-week cruise last month, DH swore he couldn't stand to be separated from his cat for that long ever again. Are we forever restricted to 4-night cruises? Do any of you face this issue? If so, how do you handle it? Oh BTW DD's came over everyday & pampered Vodka. As a matter of fact, when we got home he acted as if he hadn't even noticed we'd been gone!

Danno,

I've been off the boards a lot lately, so just read this thread. Really sorry about the loss. After I lost two of my corgis, I'd stop any corgi I saw, and tell the owner that I needed "corgi therapy." And I always say that I wouldn't give up the time spent with the dog, even knowing that I'd lose them eventualy. It takes time to come to peace with this. Hope that happens soon for you.

Andrew

OTOT (on the other topic)

Celebrity Santa/Chanukah Guy/ Kwanza Girl, O Wise Grantor of Cruisers' wishes,

Could we have:

Something other than those totes- we have a supply unopened in the attic. Would Mrs. Claus like one?

New menus in the dining room (rumor is that you're working on this one)

Tables for eight in the specialty restaurant- sometimes you want to enjoy it with your WHOLE table from the regular restaurant.

And lastly, new stairway art for the Constellation. You're welcome to the existing stuff to give away to bad little boys and girls instead of coal.;)

Andrew

Archived