Next promotional offer

rubylake

Wow I feel like i have had so many benefits. We jumped over to NCL bc it was sooo much cheaper than NCL. And i am no NCL cheerleader, I am only at 3 cruises and I prefer RCCL or disney. NCL is a great value for us.

If I already booked with the options of UBP and specialty dining, can I switch one to free gratuities?

Yes, I just called and replaced the specialty dining with the free gratuities. This saves us $267 for our 9 day cruise. 9 x $13.5. x 2 people + the specialty dining service charge, which is $24.

They cancelled our current booking and rebooked with the updated picks.

Also, are the free gratuities for the first two passengers as well? Or will all 5 of us get it for free being in one stateroom?

Free gratuities is only applicable for the first 2 passengers, other passengers have to pay their gratuities

Also, if anyone is wondering, no service charge for free gratuities.

Edited by huyzee

I wonder if they will add a 'gratuity fee" on the 'free gratuities"

LOL, thanks for the laugh of truth. I booked my cruise back in march for $1,899 per person, it is currently $2,199 per person we choose the "not so free at sea" package of UBP along with the specialty dining. The promo fee charge totaled $309. The promo now is either Free dining with UBP or Free open bar with pre paid service charge for a fee of $284.40. I didn't see an option to only select one unless you have booked an inside stateroom. Either way not much of a savings.

<3 Crystal

I am booked to sail the Escape this Saturday (8/20), which means I am well past final payment. I have a GTY BALCONY which included no promos. Will I be able pay the difference to upgrade to a Balcony category that includes the new promos?

I called my NCL rep, and he says he is confused by memo he received about making changes, so he'll have to check and call me back.

Has anyone been able to change bookings that were past final payment and previously had no promo? THX!

I've noticed that on the few trips that I'm tracking, that in the past day since the free service charge has been added, quite a bit of cabins have been sold....whereas before, there was lots of availability and slow sales.

Smart (finally) on NCL's part.

What are your thoughts on them keeping this perk for a bit? As I write this, their site says "Limited Time"?

I admit that I'm taking a chance by waiting to book and that's ok. I'm betting (wisely, I hope!) that with lots of availability on the trips that I'm tracking, prices will drop....and free service charge stays.

In your experience, have you seen them add a perk and then take it away after a very short time?

Thanks,

Barbara

Why and how can NCL offer the gratuities as a booking bonus ? It has been stated many times that they must use the gratuities for the benefit of the crew.

If they let guests remove the gratuities for unresolved service problems, how does that differ from them offering to remove the gratuities from your bill as a booking bonus.

I forgot to mention that each trip that I'm tracking is within penalty period.

I am tracking a cruise within penalty too. Lots of availability and I hope there is a countdown when NCL decides to remove the current promo. I expect that there will be a few more price drops before I need to commit. Would love to get free gratuities which is worth $175 per person.

Edited by IrieBajan54

No price change

Thank you.

My current NCL booking is up $200 pp (Jewel, SE 04/2017). Although I noticed the price increase yesterday so it could have gone up weeks ago and have nothing at all to do with the promo change.

Standing pat for now...

Thank you.

My current NCL booking is up $200 pp (Jewel, SE 04/2017). Although I noticed the price increase yesterday so it could have gone up weeks ago and have nothing at all to do with the promo change.

Standing pat for now...

I booked through CAS, maybe that has something to do with it, plus it is really way off December 2017.

I've noticed that on the few trips that I'm tracking, that in the past day since the free service charge has been added, quite a bit of cabins have been sold....whereas before, there was lots of availability and slow sales.

Smart (finally) on NCL's part.

What are your thoughts on them keeping this perk for a bit? As I write this, their site says "Limited Time"?

I admit that I'm taking a chance by waiting to book and that's ok. I'm betting (wisely, I hope!) that with lots of availability on the trips that I'm tracking, prices will drop....and free service charge stays.

In your experience, have you seen them add a perk and then take it away after a very short time?

Thanks,

Barbara

I've not seen them on offer for long. Last time offered was August, 2015. In the beginning of 2015 they were offered on sailings that weren't selling so good like on some Europe for last weekend of month. If you see a price you like, I would book now and you can always cancel prior to final pmt if something better comes along. The other thing is that if you see inventory starting to dwindle they will most likely be raising the prices. I'm sure they have a quota of target sales and once reached dsc offer will be gone. Dsc is an expensive perk for them to offer. It's simply cutting the amount they receive/pay crew. $50 shore excursion credit probably makes them quite a bit considering they're typically twice the price compared to booking independently. Current perks are about as good as they get especially for suites which get all perks.

With this perk offer I was able to get a suite price I was comfortable with, perks I will use in addition to ksf. I'm pretty happy with NCL right now.

Yep...Free Gratuities on the list, shore excursions are off. :)

just changed from the free 3day dining package to free grats for my Thanksgiving cruise!

perfect timing as the last day to change without penalty is aug 22 (2days from today).

too bad my Halloween cruise is within the penalty period. :(

Edited by fstuff1