Booking your next cruise on ship!

Cherber

I have been reading that a lot of you are booking your next cruise while you are on board your current cruise. Is there a discount or anything that you get for doing that or is it just easier to that when on board? Thanks for any help!

I have been reading that a lot of you are booking your next cruise while you are on board your current cruise. Is there a discount or anything that you get for doing that or is it just easier to that when on board? Thanks for any help!

No discount, but you do get reduced deposit and on board credit.

These are the on board credit amounts:

•5-7 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $50

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $100

◦Grand Suite and above: $200

•8-10 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $100

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $150

◦Grand Suite and above: $300

•11-14 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $150

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $200

◦Grand Suite and above: $400

•15 nights or longer cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $200

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $250

◦Grand Suite and above: $500

The amounts are per stateroom and are also equal to the deposit. You can choose to take the on board credit either immediately or on the future cruise. If you take the OBC immediately, then there is no refund of deposit if you cancel the cruise.

Edited by clarea

So to reserve a 7-night interior stateroom, the down deposit would only be $50?

Correct, and that would be the total deposit needed for the stateroom, regardless of how many guests.

We like to book on the ship for the OBC, but never a specific sailing. Has that changed>:confused:

I'm not even sure the open booking is still available. We were talking about this yesterday.

When it was last available, the OBC amounts had been decimated so as to make it unappealing to many of us. These were the amounts:

Open Booking

------------

5-7 nights; $25

8-10 nights: $50

11-14 nights: $75

15+ nights: $100

The deposit was still $100 per person last time I saw it.

It's now better to book any specific cruise and change it later. The downside of this way vs the open booking is that after 60 days, you cannot transfer to a travel agent.

Edited by clarea

Presume the change must be for same duration and same category stateroom?

No, my friend Ellen tells me that she had OBC on the future cruise, and they changed her OBC consistent with the new cruise length and stateroom.

No, my friend Ellen tells me that she had OBC on the future cruise, and they changed her OBC consistent with the new cruise length and stateroom.

More than once I might add:D And they did not ask for an additional deposit.

Edited by molly361

I'm not even sure the open booking is still available. We were talking about this yesterday.

When it was last available, the OBC amounts had been decimated so as to make it unappealing to many of us. These were the amounts:

Open Booking

------------

5-7 nights; $25

8-10 nights: $50

11-14 nights: $75

15+ nights: $100

The deposit was still $100 per person last time I saw it.

It's now better to book any specific cruise and change it later. The downside of this way vs the open booking is that after 60 days, you cannot transfer to a travel agent.

Just 'beware' though, that if your intention is to pick a specific date to get the better perks, but later on decide to 'move' or 'change' the ship/date etc you lose your perks unless the exact same offer is in place at that time! Happened to us, booked onboard, $50 dep, $200 OBC (7 day cruise) was advised by NextCruise that we could change to a later date when those bookings opened....NOPE, that was WRONG! When we found the exact date/ship etc that we wanted, in the end NO OBC and they wanted FULL deposit at the time of that change of booking too!!

So word to the wise.....only book onboard if you can pick exactly what you want (date, ship, cabin etc)...otherwise your 'perks' may disappear to the 'deal of the day' at the time of your booking switch!!

Edited by buddylover

According to Bob's OBC list, a 7 day cruise only gets you $25 in OBC, whereas it used to be $100. It isn't worth booking in advance for that.

Those are the open booking OBC's and you're correct unless your booking a specific cruise.

Just 'beware' though, that if your intention is to pick a specific date to get the better perks, but later on decide to 'move' or 'change' the ship/date etc you lose your perks unless the exact same offer is in place at that time! Happened to us, booked onboard, $50 dep, $200 OBC (7 day cruise) was advised by NextCruise that we could change to a later date when those bookings opened....NOPE, that was WRONG! When we found the exact date/ship etc that we wanted, in the end NO OBC and they wanted FULL deposit at the time of that change of booking too!!

This is not my experience - I have taken the OBC immediately, and moved my booking to another cruise at a later date (twice) and have not paid any further deposit.

Last Dec we booked on board and received OBC for the new booked cruise AND OBC for the cruise we were on. Don't remember the exact dollars. Also got whatever the same sale was being offered at the time. I checked as soon as I got home to make sure.

That booked cruise leaves 2 weeeks from tomorrow! I'm going to have a cruise picked out prior and know the price, so I will know if I'm getting the best deal, etc.

I booked a next cruise balcony room onboard last june and it was $100 deposit. Also opted to take obc on the future cruise. Well in feb moved the balcony room to another cruise and kept the future obc of $100. Finally upgraded to a crown loft suite and rccl rep warned me that i would lose the $100 obc as it wasn't offered on the current promotion. I told her that the $100 was from a next cruise booking. She asked me to hold on while she checked some things. Came back and said that i would keep my next cruise obc but it would now be $200 since we went to a suite

Just yesterday had to move a next cruise $100 obc to an inside stateroom. Was informed by the rep that my obc would drop to the correct $50 amount.

I would recommed taking the obc amount immediately. That way it would not matter what happens later as you already got the obc.

... I would recommed taking the obc amount immediately. That way it would not matter what happens later as you already got the obc.

I would use it like an old Next Cruise certificate and just book a far out future sailing in an inside stateroom for $50 and $50 OBC on the future cruise. Then when we decide what we really want, we move it and the future OBC changes based on what we booked.

No discount, but you do get reduced deposit and on board credit.

These are the on board credit amounts:

•5-7 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $50

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $100

◦Grand Suite and above: $200

•8-10 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $100

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $150

◦Grand Suite and above: $300

•11-14 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $150

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $200

◦Grand Suite and above: $400

•15 nights or longer cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $200

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $250

◦Grand Suite and above: $500

The amounts are per stateroom and are also equal to the deposit. You can choose to take the on board credit either immediately or on the future cruise. If you take the OBC immediately, then there is no refund of deposit if you cancel the cruise.

Clarea, I was curious if you know when this went into effect. When I was on the Allure, we apparently (i don't remember doing so, was a long time ago) booked two on board bookings. I just used one for my upcoming Oasis cruise that i booked after final payment and was given 100.00 obc for my inside booking (later upgraded to a balcony)

So did the terms change from whenever i bought in 2013?

Clarea, I was curious if you know when this went into effect. When I was on the Allure, we apparently (i don't remember doing so, was a long time ago) booked two on board bookings. I just used one for my upcoming Oasis cruise that i booked after final payment and was given 100.00 obc for my inside booking (later upgraded to a balcony)

So did the terms change from whenever i bought in 2013?

Looks like the current terms went into effect March 2014.

Edited by clarea

Although I did get my open booking transferred after 60 days. I wonder if this is because my open booking was purchased in 2013?

Looks like the current terms went into effect March 2014.

hmmm, that is so interesting - I am trying to figure out the "mystery" of these two open bookings I have/had.

I know I purchased them on the Allure sept of 2013, and each one of them has a 200.00 deposit amount, and 100.00 per stateroom obc (at least for an inside, i don't know what the obc amounts are for other categories, if there is a difference)

Do you know where I can find the old terms?

Edited by aubreyc1988