Oasis Class - wraparound deck with ocean view?

We'll be doing the crossing on Harmony in October.

We really enjoy deck 4 on Freedom and Voyager class ships for taking a morning walk. We really enjoy the view.

Anything like that on Oasis class? I know there's a jogging track, does it have a view?

As I recall on Oasis the track is on deck 5. The problem is, that while there is an ocean view, the track is narrow with not much place to sit... if at all. If you are walking you will be fine. It depends upon how many people are actually running. We did not spend much time there, and did not fully explore the track.

I love the Oasis Class, but there are a few things missing. The ship is inwardly focused, so unless you have a balcony cabin with an ocean view, there are few public places to see the ocean other than out near the aqua theater or the solarium or at a few tables in the main dining room. The Viking lounge no longer exists with its panoramic views. The running track is one of the few places, but you may get yelled at if you are blocking runners... assuming there are runners... it is that narrow.

I am not a sun person, so I was alway looking for those places where I could sit outside in the shade. One of my few complaints about this class of ship. But there is so much more to like on this ship.

We really enjoy deck 4 on Freedom and Voyager class ships for taking a morning walk. We really enjoy the view.

Anything like that on Oasis class? I know there's a jogging track, does it have a view?

Your best place outside of your cabin to view the big pond is aft near the aqua theatre.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Deck 5. It is designed for and great for walking or jogging (not standing around looking at the water). So if you like walking it will probably be to your liking. It has some areas where view is blocked by life boats and some that aren't. Nice thing is it is shaded, no shuffle board and/or smokers to dodge,etc. we love it for our brisk walks. You just have to be mindful of the runners and stay in the walking lane not the jogging lane. I personally like it better than freedom class deck 4 b/c you don't have to walk around so many people just meandering aimlessly or walk inside to complete the laps.

Edited by topnole

Are those seats in the Aqua Theater open even when a show isn't in progress?

The aqua theater seats were never blocked off if a show wasn't in progress when we were on Oasis the past 2 years. They were open to sit in every time we passed by them.

Have not been on Harmony yet but there appears to be a glass-enclosed viewing area on Deck 5 ahead of the first lifeboat.
I think I see the area you are talking about. If you look at similar pictures of Oasis and Allure there is the "bulge" in front of the first lifeboat, but no glassy looking area. We need someone actually on Harmony to check out that area and report.

Thom

I believe that was built to be an area for yoga/ exercise classes.

Nice re-purpose.

After the first lifeboat was damaged on the first Oasis TA, they built that lifeboat shielding portion of the ship on Allure. Now on Harmony they have made it larger and also gave it a secondary purpose.