Carnival cruise ship's decor

ABQrobin

I love the modern décor of Breeze and Sunshine, but I told my husband after sailing on Victory a few weeks ago that I wish Carnival would keep each ship a little different. I enjoy the different colors, different venue names, and "personality" of the Farcus ships. I do not want all the show lounges to be Liquid Lounge, or the comedy venue to be "Limelight Lounge." I want differences on the ships that I sail, it's part of the experience to me. I get excited wondering what the atrium of a new ship will look like, what color schemes I will see...it helps build the excitement of my upcoming vacation!
I completely agree with the later part of your post. Each ship should have it's own distinct personality.

My first cruise was on the Carnival Destiny and I loved the theater decor. It looked liked a castle and made the space feel very grand. When I went back on the ship after it was converted to the Carnival Sunshine, I was very disappointed in the transformation of the theater to the Liquid Lounge and it became very mundane and blah. I love the personality of the older Carnival ships.

I am going on the Vista in 3 months so I will see what I think of the newest ship. But the truth is, as long as I am on a ship, I am sure I will have a great time. After all, even a bad day on a cruise is better than a great day at work.

Did anyone watch the Joe Farcus interview video???

I know, it's 30 minutes, but...

Yes, I watched it. Thanks for posting the link. I had no idea he designed the funnel and that the nickname of "whale tail" actually came afterwards and had nothing to do with the design.

Did anyone watch the Joe Farcus interview video???

I know, it's 30 minutes, but...

yes I have watched it before, and found it to be quite interesting. I am one of those who actually likes Farcus designed ships;) I also liked the Old Las Vegas, 1990's, Fremont St vs Strip. Probably says something about my age.;)

I am not against modern, going to do that next year. Still I like the color of Joe Farcus's decors.:)

I love the modern décor of Breeze and Sunshine, but I told my husband after sailing on Victory a few weeks ago that I wish Carnival would keep each ship a little different. I enjoy the different colors, different venue names, and "personality" of the Farcus ships. I do not want all the show lounges to be Liquid Lounge, or the comedy venue to be "Limelight Lounge." I want differences on the ships that I sail, it's part of the experience to me. I get excited wondering what the atrium of a new ship will look like, what color schemes I will see...it helps build the excitement of my upcoming vacation!

Now this I agree with. I do prefer ship specific decor and venue names.